+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

abcabc2020

Jan 15, 2015
Stillwaiting0710 said:
Have you guys received the CIT0520 during the test? i.e more documents / translations required?
I don't think the CIT0520 will necessary delay the process . I read about many people who were given this form during the interview but their oath was scheduled so fast (less than 6 weeks) and some received the oath letter in less than a month . So it all depends on the case and the delay still remains mystery at this time .

test1

Jan 31, 2015
For those people who have taken the test, would you tell me usually how long the whole process is on the test day? would like to know if i should just take couple hours off or like a half day. Thanks

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
modugula said:
Do you have any update and i have applied on same time ( June 2014 ) and I am from Calgary !!!

no update from me - last update August 16th 2014 in progress --
I applied in March 2014, please see my timeline below...waiting for the test invitation!

Paukman

Jan 13, 2009
test1 said:
For those people who have taken the test, would you tell me usually how long the whole process is on the test day? would like to know if i should just take couple hours off or like a half day. Thanks
We were there at 10.15 (scheduled for 10.30).
We were out at 12.15.

I have taken the whole day out, but could have only half.

Stillwaiting0710

Oct 7, 2014
test1 said:
we were there at 7:30 they opened the doors and lined us all up at 07:50 AM. we started the test around 09:30 and i was done by 09:35. I don't know when it was all finished as I left right after my test!
I think you should take a half day off.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Funke - you gave your test on Nov 20th and got oath notification on Dec 5th. Did you do anything differently? Were you planning on traveling and is that why they told you early??

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Hi Guys,
I have a questions about getting stamps translated.
Do we have to translate all the stamps with foreign letters ( regardless the date is readable) ?
OR
do we have to translate only the stamps with non readable dates ?

Also , Do we have to worry about the stamps outside the declared 3 years period ?

Thanks

test1

Jan 31, 2015
Just wonder for feb test takers, have your ecase been updated yet? The officer told me my test is schedule on 2/11, but not receive letter nor my ecase been update yet.

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
Alex, the best way to find out is to show your stamps to someone who does not know the language of the stamps and ask the opinion. If some one can understand clearly the meaning of the stamps, then no need to translate. Like I had stamps in Arabic in my passport but digits were not in Arabic and there was "Exit" written in English too and I had no problem with that. The testing officers are familiar with all kinds of stamps and they already know the meaning of most stamps unless you have been to unfamiliar places like Eritrea or central Africa. Otherwise there is no hard and fast rule of translating of which country stamps.

Funke

Oct 1, 2008
a.R. said:
Funke - you gave your test on Nov 20th and got oath notification on Dec 5th. Did you do anything differently? Were you planning on traveling and is that why they told you early??

I didn't do anything different!! Was surprised myself or maybe cause my husband and kids got their citizenship in September.....

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
test1 said:
Just wonder for feb test takers, have your ecase been updated yet? The officer told me my test is schedule on 2/11, but not receive letter nor my ecase been update yet.
My ecas still has not been updated. However, I received the invitation letter by mail in 3 days. When I called them on Friday January 23, they said the invited had been mailed out today (the Friday) and the test had been scheduled for February 17. On Monday, January 26 the invite was in the mail box.