+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non accompanying family members to accompanying after COPR

fuz_dnz

Sep 3, 2016
Hi all,

I received my COPR a couple of months ago but I have not landed in Canada yet. My wife and child are listed as non-accompanying family members in my COPR. Is it possible to have them changed to accompanying members?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes you can, as long as you have not landed yet. In that case however you will have to return your COPR and your application will be reopened and rechecked.
Also get ready very good explanation, why your wife is suddenly accompanying you.
There is also a chance that they might identify it as a hidden intent all along and in that case they would recalculate your CRS points as if at the point of ITA and AOR your wife was accompanying you. The only moment when they are not allowed to do it is if you got married only after your AOR.

So recheck your score with her accompnaying you and if your CRS would be still above draw level at the time of your ITA.

If you have already landed, there is no way to change it and you will have to sponsor your wife and family later on.

fuz_dnz

Sep 3, 2016
yes you can, as long as you have not landed yet. In that case however you will have to return your COPR and your application will be reopened and rechecked.
Also get ready very good explanation, why your wife is suddenly accompanying you.
There is also a chance that they might identify it as a hidden intent all along and in that case they would recalculate your CRS points as if at the point of ITA and AOR your wife was accompanying you. The only moment when they are not allowed to do it is if you got married only after your AOR.

So recheck your score with her accompnaying you and if your CRS would be still above draw level at the time of your ITA.

If you have already landed, there is no way to change it and you will have to sponsor your wife and family later on.
Thanks for your reply! It's nice to hear that it could work. I will update this thread once I get a reply from the visa office.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016

Please note that it would work only if your CRS remains above your cut-off after including your spouse.

But if that was the case then, I would wonder why someone is even going to take this non-accompanying route at all! Check your scores and see.. My guess is that they just won't add them to your COPR straight away.

fuz_dnz

Sep 3, 2016
Please note that it would work only if your CRS remains above your cut-off after including your spouse.

But if that was the case then, I would wonder why someone is even going to take this non-accompanying route at all! Check your scores and see.. My guess is that they just won't add them to your COPR straight away.
Thanks for your input!! My score would have been lower as my wife doesn t speak english, etc... Which is why I applied alone. Additionaly she is working in our home country which is why she didn't want tome come. Things have change now. I hope to get an answer soon.

fuz_dnz

Sep 3, 2016
I have sent a CSE more than working days ago however I have still not received an answer. I also sent an email to the visa office in mexico which has processed my application. I also tried calling the visa office in mexico but they do not take phone calls.
Can anybody suggest how I can reach cic in order to get this answered?

samuelrajsrinivasan

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hi all,

I received my COPR a couple of months ago but I have not landed in Canada yet. My wife and child are listed as non-accompanying family members in my COPR. Is it possible to have them changed to accompanying members?
Dear Fuz, in my PR application I dont have an option of selecting whether my child is accompanying or not it comes by default as accompanying whereas i selected my wife as non accompanying. any one face this kind of problem?

urgent help needed guys.