+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Accompanying Dependent Children

Hanalwan

Nov 26, 2023
I immigrated to Canada through Express Entry. I landed last year with my daughter. I have two more daughters who live with my ex-husband in a different country. I included them in my immigration application as non-accompanying dependent children. Now, I want them to come and live with me in Canada. How do I proceed with their application? Is it an extension to my express entry application? Or do I apply for them as family sponsorship visa application? And do they have to live for 3 years in Canada before they are qualified to apply for Canadian citizenship? Or do they qualify whenever I qualify no matter how long they live here?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I immigrated to Canada through Express Entry. I landed last year with my daughter. I have two more daughters who live with my ex-husband in a different country. I included them in my immigration application as non-accompanying dependent children. Now, I want them to come and live with me in Canada. How do I proceed with their application? Is it an extension to my express entry application? Or do I apply for them as family sponsorship visa application? And do they have to live for 3 years in Canada before they are qualified to apply for Canadian citizenship? Or do they qualify whenever I qualify no matter how long they live here?
Since they were included and took the medical, now you sponsor them through family sponsorship. How old are they. They need to meet requirements for citizenship, and they are not even PRs yet.