+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Accomanying Dependent Question (March 2019)

SandySpence

Nov 6, 2018
My husband has 2 natural children and 1 step-daughter. They are all listed on his application as dependents, but will not be accompanying. The plan is to bring the children in the future when they are older. The step-daughter will not be coming to Canada at all. We have the birth certificates for the 2 children.

A. Do we also need to provide the Declaration of the mother at this time?
B. I'm confused as to what fees need to be paid for them at this time (if any). Instead of choosing the "Sponsor a Dependant Child" option, do I choose "Include Any Dependent Child"? (Hope this all makes sense)
C. I know we have to pay the biometrics fee for my husband, but do we have to pay it for the children as well at this time?

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My husband has 2 natural children and 1 step-daughter. They are all listed on his application as dependents, but will not be accompanying. The plan is to bring the children in the future when they are older. The step-daughter will not be coming to Canada at all. We have the birth certificates for the 2 children.

A. Do we also need to provide the Declaration of the mother at this time?
B. I'm confused as to what fees need to be paid for them at this time (if any). Instead of choosing the "Sponsor a Dependant Child" option, do I choose "Include Any Dependent Child"? (Hope this all makes sense)
C. I know we have to pay the biometrics fee for my husband, but do we have to pay it for the children as well at this time?

Thanks in advance.
A step-daughter would be your child. If you are referring to a child of his previous spouse, she is no longer his step-daughter and is not mentioned in the app.

A. No.

B and C. You don't pay fees for non-accompanying dependents.