+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC stressed cant choose and afraid ill get rejected!

Tonton25

Jul 10, 2021
Hi everyone, IM DESPERATE! I've been super stressed about my NOC. I received an ITA for CEC and in my Express entry profile i stated my NOC was 52120. Ive been back and forth between 52120 and 52111. I perform basically a bit of both duties from each NOC but i know i have to choose only one. I basically wrote my own duties and HR reviewed and approved it. Im just so worried that it fits more into 52111 and i will get rejected.

These are my duties:

• Creates rigs for 3D biped and quadruped characters, vehicles and props using Python scripting.
• Designs feature-quality rigs and refine them based on the needs of animators and downstream
departments.
• Works closely with rigging lead/supervisor to implement the best techniques most appropriate
for the rig’s functionality.
• Performs quality control on rigs before they are submitted for review/approval, ensuring all
technical and creative standards are met.
• Addresses production feedback notes and offer solutions to the problem.
• Keeps production up to date with an end of day report and keep track of deadlines.

Graphic designers (NOC 52120)

• Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials in order to meet their needs
  • Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication
  • Develop the graphic elements that meet the clients' objectives
  • Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements of the subjects to be rendered using traditional tools, multimedia software and image processing, layout and design software
  • Estimate cost of materials and time to complete graphic design
  • Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides or hire an illustrator or photographer to produce images that meet clients' communications needs
  • Establish guidelines for illustrators or photographers
  • Coordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials, such as Web sites, CDs and interactive terminals
  • Coordinate sub-contracting
  • Work in a multidisciplinary environment
  • Supervise other graphic designers or graphic arts technicians.
Graphic Art Technicians (52111)

• Review the graphic designer's instructions
  • Produce or assist in developing and producing design concepts
  • Capture elements such as titles, text, drawings, illustrations, graphics, lettering and colour harmonization, using a computer
  • Produce computerized images and drawings
  • Digitize images using peripherals and transform them using retouching systems, graphic palettes or specialized software
  • Perform the layout, page make-up and placement using the conceptual mock-ups provided
  • Produce proofs and camera-ready materials and prepare film and any other prepress materials
  • Paint or ink individual cells of 2-D or 3-D animated drawings according to animator's specifications using an electronic palette
  • Lay out, draw or paint letters, figures, logos and designs for windows, advertisements, billboards, vehicles, books and publications using specialized software or painting equipment
  • Work in an interdisciplinary environment.

If there is a good soul out there who can let me know if this is ok so I can finally get a wink of sleep i will appreciate it :')

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hi everyone, IM DESPERATE! I've been super stressed about my NOC. I received an ITA for CEC and in my Express entry profile i stated my NOC was 52120. Ive been back and forth between 52120 and 52111. I perform basically a bit of both duties from each NOC but i know i have to choose only one. I basically wrote my own duties and HR reviewed and approved it. Im just so worried that it fits more into 52111 and i will get rejected.

These are my duties:

• Creates rigs for 3D biped and quadruped characters, vehicles and props using Python scripting.
• Designs feature-quality rigs and refine them based on the needs of animators and downstream
departments.
• Works closely with rigging lead/supervisor to implement the best techniques most appropriate
for the rig’s functionality.
• Performs quality control on rigs before they are submitted for review/approval, ensuring all
technical and creative standards are met.
• Addresses production feedback notes and offer solutions to the problem.
• Keeps production up to date with an end of day report and keep track of deadlines.

Graphic designers (NOC 52120)

• Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials in order to meet their needs
  • Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication
  • Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements of the subjects to be rendered using traditional tools, multimedia software and image processing, layout and design software
  • Estimate cost of materials and time to complete graphic design
  • Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides or hire an illustrator or photographer to produce images that meet clients' communications needs
  • Establish guidelines for illustrators or photographers
  • Coordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials, such as Web sites, CDs and interactive terminals
  • Coordinate sub-contracting
  • Work in a multidisciplinary environment
  • Supervise other graphic designers or graphic arts technicians.
Graphic Art Technicians (52111)

• Review the graphic designer's instructions
  • Produce or assist in developing and producing design concepts
  • Capture elements such as titles, text, drawings, illustrations, graphics, lettering and colour harmonization, using a computer
  • Produce computerized images and drawings
  • Digitize images using peripherals and transform them using retouching systems, graphic palettes or specialized software
  • Perform the layout, page make-up and placement using the conceptual mock-ups provided
  • Produce proofs and camera-ready materials and prepare film and any other prepress materials
  • Paint or ink individual cells of 2-D or 3-D animated drawings according to animator's specifications using an electronic palette
  • Lay out, draw or paint letters, figures, logos and designs for windows, advertisements, billboards, vehicles, books and publications using specialized software or painting equipment
  • Work in an interdisciplinary environment.

If there is a good soul out there who can let me know if this is ok so I can finally get a wink of sleep i will appreciate it :')
I think the following is missing from your duties

Do you agree?
But other duties are matching
So you should be fine
Hope for the best
Compare lead statement of both NOC also and share them here ,

Tonton25

Jul 10, 2021
Thank you for your reply!

i don't deal with clients directly. The 'client' is my company as they produce their own shows. But i do agree i should focus it on meeting the needs of the show.

The lead statements are:

52120: Graphic designers conceptualize and produce graphic art and visual materials to effectively communicate information for publications, advertising, films, packaging, posters, signs and interactive media such as Web sites and CDs.

52111: Graphic arts technicians assist in conceptualizing a project, interpreting design specifications or sketches, preparing the page make-up, lay-out and lettering, and preparing production materials for press, electronic or multimedia publishing

i think the major difference between the 2 is graphic designers actually conceptualize and produce visuals whereas the graphic art technicians are more concerned with preparing visuals based on direction. Also graphic designers end goal is to communicate information. Graphic art technicians just do as they're told and don't really plan the overall look.

Im a bit of both. like im more technical in practice but i also have to design and plan things in order for it to achieve the desired motions. for example, if a character's eye needs to pop out of their head and stretch or change colour, i design the setup and how animators can interact with that setup. There's 'technical artist' in the list of example titles for 52120 which is another name for my job so i felt like 52120 fits my duties more.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023

i don't deal with clients directly. The 'client' is my company as they produce their own shows. But i do agree i should focus it on meeting the needs of the show.

The lead statements are:

52120: Graphic designers conceptualize and produce graphic art and visual materials to effectively communicate information for publications, advertising, films, packaging, posters, signs and interactive media such as Web sites and CDs.

52111: Graphic arts technicians assist in conceptualizing a project, interpreting design specifications or sketches, preparing the page make-up, lay-out and lettering, and preparing production materials for press, electronic or multimedia publishing

i think the major difference between the 2 is graphic designers actually conceptualize and produce visuals whereas the graphic art technicians are more concerned with preparing visuals based on direction. Also graphic designers end goal is to communicate information. Graphic art technicians just do as they're told and don't really plan the overall look.

Im a bit of both. like im more technical in practice but i also have to design and plan things in order for it to achieve the desired motions. for example, if a character's eye needs to pop out of their head and stretch or change colour, i design the setup and how animators can interact with that setup. There's 'technical artist' in the list of example titles for 52120 which is another name for my job so i felt like 52120 fits my duties more.
Ok
I understand and fully agree with you.

But make sure you use keywords like stakeholders and partners etc. And use maximum keywords from the NOC so that visa officer can easily clear your case

If need be you can share the draft with me before you finalize it

Reactions: cz999

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......

The lead statements are:

I agree with the above poster. If you actually design your own thing and not just simply assist and listen to instructions I think 52120 is fine. But it’s important to have those words in your duties and responsibilities, like conceptualize and design xxx, communicate with xxx in order to produce xxx that meets their expectations/needs/objectives; do xxx to convey information for internal production / publications etc. It’s important to match some key words in my opinion because as an outsider it’s not super easy for me (or the officer) to understand what you exactly do and what some of the responsibilities mean.

Reactions: sbali