+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC requirement problem

rima91

Nov 17, 2018
Dear all,

I looked at the best NOC to describe my job and I found that NOC 0131 Telecommunication carriers managers best fits my duties. However, when I checked the "employment requirements" section, they specifically say:

"Several years of experience in a related technical profession, including supervisory experience, are usually required"

I only have 2.5 years of experience, so what should I do about that? I looked at other NOC titles such as "2147 Computer Engineers" but they don't match as closely as the former.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
For non-managerial NOCs, you don't have to fulfil the employment requirements. Not sure if that's also true for managerial NOCs

rima91

Nov 17, 2018
For non-managerial NOCs, you don't have to fulfil the employment requirements. Not sure if that's also true for managerial NOCs
Can you point me to the source that says this piece of information? I tried searching but didn't find anything.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Can you point me to the source that says this piece of information? I tried searching but didn't find anything.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

The above link states applicants don’t need to demonstrate they meet the education requirements.

However in your case if you’re choosing NOC Cat-O, you will ideally need to provide evidence that you have certain autonomy in decision making and that you’re managing staff. IRCC will not go by your designation of Manager. So carefully choose your NOC keeping this criteria in mind.

rima91

Nov 17, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

The above link states applicants don’t need to demonstrate they meet the education requirements.

However in your case if you’re choosing NOC Cat-O, you will ideally need to provide evidence that you have certain autonomy in decision making and that you’re managing staff. IRCC will not go by your designation of Manager. So carefully choose your NOC keeping this criteria in mind.
Thanks, so how do I demonstrate that I have autonomy in decision making? Is it through my the responsibilities that I list?

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Thanks, so how do I demonstrate that I have autonomy in decision making? Is it through my the responsibilities that I list?
Yes. Your roles may state your key accountabilities reflecting some sort of decision making and the number of staff you’re supervising.