+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC for Dietary Aide... 3416

bob_atron

Jun 28, 2017
Philippines
Hi. My wife is a dietary aide. We applied via MPNP but it seems delayed so we're applying via the new TR to PR for healthcare workers stream. My query is about her NOC. In our nomination certificate, it said that her NOC is 3413 however upon looking for her NOC via the official website, it is 6711. Would this be a cause for concern? Under the said stream, NOC 3413 is eligible but 6711 isn't. I would greatly appreciate any inputs as the webform page seems to have been down for quite some time. Thank you in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. My wife is a dietary aide. We applied via MPNP but it seems delayed so we're applying via the new TR to PR for healthcare workers stream. My query is about her NOC. In our nomination certificate, it said that her NOC is 3413 however upon looking for her NOC via the official website, it is 6711. Would this be a cause for concern? Under the said stream, NOC 3413 is eligible but 6711 isn't. I would greatly appreciate any inputs as the webform page seems to have been down for quite some time. Thank you in advance.
If she is considered 6711 or 6641 as I have seen in other ads for dietary aide jobs she wouldn’t be considered for the TR to PR healthcare program.

bob_atron

Jun 28, 2017
Philippines
I thought so too that's why I was a bit confused and skeptical why her nomination certificate stated that hers was NOC 3413. Could it be perhaps because she works at a care home for the elderly that's why she was deemed as 3413 rather than 6711 or 6641. The task of those under NOC 3413 were defined as "patient service associates assist nurses, hospital staff and physicians in the basic care of patients." That said, she does provide care for the by properly preparing, portioning, serving and distributing food to elderly patients in the care home.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I thought so too that's why I was a bit confused and skeptical why her nomination certificate stated that hers was NOC 3413. Could it be perhaps because she works at a care home for the elderly that's why she was deemed as 3413 rather than 6711 or 6641. The task of those under NOC 3413 were defined as "patient service associates assist nurses, hospital staff and physicians in the basic care of patients." That said, she does provide care for the by properly preparing, portioning, serving and distributing food to elderly patients in the care home.
Who determined that her NOC was 3413? If you read NOC3413 it is pretty clear that it involves direct patient care in some sort of medical capacity. On NoC6711 dietary aides are actually sited as a job included as part of that NOC.

bob_atron

Jun 28, 2017
Philippines
I was wondering about that too. She does work in a care home for the elderly and in so far as I understand, she prepares meals based on the condition and needs of each patient. I did include the nomination certificate which claimed that she was NOC 3413. I checked NOC 3413 using version 2016, and under "main duties" was a bullet point which matches her job description..... "serve meal trays, feed or assist in feeding of patients and assist patients with menu selection". Her actual job title doesn't fall under this NOC code though and I actually do see your point that it should be as you said, "direct care in some medical capacity". Thanks for the skepticism. I actually not convinced either but I am hopeful.

bob_atron

Jun 28, 2017
Philippines
Looking at the NOC codes under TR to PR:Healthcare, I noticed that NOC 4412 for housekeepers is included at the bottom. To compare dietary aides in a care home vs housekeepers, seeing that neither are really medical in nature, wouldn't the former have a more direct impact on a patient's well-being? Fortunately for housekeepers, they were actually outrightly stated as being under the 'healthcare' category

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looking at the NOC codes under TR to PR:Healthcare, I noticed that NOC 4412 for housekeepers is included at the bottom. To compare dietary aides in a care home vs housekeepers, seeing that neither are really medical in nature, wouldn't the former have a more direct impact on a patient's well-being? Fortunately for housekeepers, they were actually outrightly stated as being under the 'healthcare' category
Housekeepers May have been included because of their direct contact with potential infectious agents but that’s just a guess,p.

All examples - 6711 - Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations
  • airline food assembler
  • attendant, cafeteria-buffet
  • attendant, food service counter
  • attendant, take-out - fast food
  • bar helper
  • barista
  • bartender helper
  • bus boy/girlbus boy, bus girl
  • cafeteria counter attendant
  • cafeteria helper
  • cafeteria worker
  • cafeteria-buffet attendant
  • camp cook's helper
  • camp lunchroom attendant
  • caterer helper
  • cook's helper
  • cook's helper, camp
  • cook's helper, logging camp
  • counter attendant - food service
  • counter attendant, cafeteria
  • counter attendant, lunchroomlunchroom counterman, lunchroom counterwoman
  • counter attendant, restaurant
  • counterperson - food services
  • dessert maker
  • dessert preparer
  • dietary aide
  • dining room assistant
  • dining room attendant
  • dishwasher
  • dishwashing machine attendant

mpamador

Oct 27, 2023
How your process end?? I think I have thebsame issue

starlotd

Jul 4, 2024
I was wondering about that too. She does work in a care home for the elderly and in so far as I understand, she prepares meals based on the condition and needs of each patient. I did include the nomination certificate which claimed that she was NOC 3413. I checked NOC 3413 using version 2016, and under "main duties" was a bullet point which matches her job description..... "serve meal trays, feed or assist in feeding of patients and assist patients with menu selection". Her actual job title doesn't fall under this NOC code though and I actually do see your point that it should be as you said, "direct care in some medical capacity". Thanks for the skepticism. I actually not convinced either but I am hopeful.
Hello , was your wife apply to transition from TR to PR using dietary aide ? , if so what Noc did she use ?
Thank you