NOC for Cost Control Engineer

Rizlene

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-02-2019
Hello everyone,
I'm a cost control engineer in an Oil & Gas company.
Can some one help me with my NOC for Entry express ? I'm hesitating between NOC 1112 - Financial and investment analysts & 1221- Administrative officers.
Here below my duties :
  • Support the Project Manager on cost control activities, providing Planning & Cost Control function for the whole Technical Department.
  • Define, review and update Capex estimations for Operated and non-Operated assets during the preparation phase of various Budget, Forecast, Strategic and Business Plans, Variance Analysis, assuring data coherence as per Internal system requirements.
  • Develop and maintain a Cost Control system using an integrated cost control set up based on detailed bottom-up cost estimates.
  • Analyze cost and billing information from Operators with the aim to assemble various Cost Reports on monthly basis.
  • Develop and maintain all Cost Reports, inclusive of Value of Work Done (VoWD) analysis, comparison and deviation trends.
  • Participate to the preparation of investment Authorizations proposal/Close Out.
  • Ensure a follow-up and monitoring of investment Authorizations proposal, approval and close-out.
  • Analyze various Operators Budget/Forecast reliability.
  • Provide to Finance Department Monthly Capex mapping: common costs sharing consistent with relevant Authorizations, investments variance analysis. Forecast & Budget & Start-up planification.
Thanks in advance

anitamv

Mar 28, 2019
Hi Mr. Rizlene, did you get your PR?
What NOC code did you choose. I work as cost control too and confused with which NOC code to go with.

Rizlene

Jan 22, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-02-2019
Hi Mr. Rizlene, did you get your PR?
What NOC code did you choose. I work as cost control too and confused with which NOC code to go with.
Hello, Not yet. I've submitted my profile and additional medical exam has has been requested for my husband.
For the NOC I used the 1221 Administrative Officers (As Budget Analyst).
To be honest, I'm still worried about this choice. As it has been very difficult for me to choose one.
I've worked also as cost controller for a Construction company several years ago fro more that 4 years and for that experience I used the NOC 2234 "Construction Estimator"
I hope it will help you

anitamv

Mar 28, 2019
Hello, Not yet. I've submitted my profile and additional medical exam has has been requested for my husband.
For the NOC I used the 1221 Administrative Officers (As Budget Analyst).
To be honest, I'm still worried about this choice. As it has been very difficult for me to choose one.
I've worked also as cost controller for a Construction company several years ago fro more that 4 years and for that experience I used the NOC 2234 "Construction Estimator"
I hope it will help you
Hope you got your PR, I applying under the sane NOC. Hope that works!!

TomC.

Apr 3, 2019
Hi Mr. Rizlene,

I am also working as a budget analyst between operational team and business planning team.

I am curious if you can tell whether your NOC1221 experience helped you get the PR or you NOC 2234 during the interview or your application process.

One concern about the NOC1221 is that the budget control is for office operation but not product or project cost control.

Thanks,
Tom

Jan 8, 2020
Hi Miss Rizleen,

Good afternoon.

Just saw your post regarding your NOC. I have the same position in Oil and Gas Industry, as well. Would like to know what position did you mention in your Employment Certificate (is it Budget Analyst)?

Thanks,
Charmaine

Mr.Gazzz

Nov 16, 2022
Hi Rizlene, congratulations!

Hello all,

My situation is as follows:

Bachelors Mechanical Engineering
WES equivalency: Bachelors 4 Years

Current job 3yrs exp“ Planning & Cost Engineer” in Oil and Gas industry in Qatar. Any suggestions which NOC code is relevant for me?

Previous experience:
•1Yr Maintenance Engineer (Oil & Gas in Qatar)
•5Yr Project Engineer (Oil & Gas in Qatar)
•1Yr Area Planner (Oil & Gas in Qatar)
•1Yr Grad Placement (Automotive in UK)

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Mindf

Dec 13, 2020
Hi guys, what would be the NOC 2021 code for an INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER (IT) ??? please help. Confused between 20012 and 21222