+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC for Backup and Storage administrator

Anit Singh

Nov 29, 2021
Hi Guys,

I have an experience of 3+ years as a storage and backup administrator in India. What would be the best NOC code for me. I m looking at 2281 and 2172 as possible options.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys,

I have an experience of 3+ years as a storage and backup administrator in India. What would be the best NOC code for me. I m looking at 2281 and 2172 as possible options.

Any help would be most appreciated.
You match your job responsibilities, not title, so no one can tell you,

Anit Singh

Nov 29, 2021
You match your job responsibilities, not title, so no one can tell you,
Hi
My job responsibilities look something like this

Job Responsibilities of employee during the tenure.

Working with users/clients to formulate and document requirements. Responsible for development and implementation of business solutions.

Upgrading IBM storage systems(V7000,v37000,V5000 and brocade switches). Configuring and managing storage in GUI as well as in CLI mode.

User and Security Management. Identifying inefficiencies to minimize Security breaches.

Work with other teams like wintel, backup and linux on storage performance tuning.

Analyzing Shared storage considerations for High Availability (Red Hat and VCS) Cluster and Analyzing Networking considerations for High Availability Cluster.

Extensive use of LVM, creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes, and disk mirroring. Implementation of RAID 0/1/5 for creation of logical volumes using VERITAS Volume Manager in SAN Storage Area Environment.

Perform health checks on servers, networks, applications and other devices.

Create, perform and closure of changes in CASDM tools.

Attend CAB call on weekly basis with change management team for smooth executing of changes.

Installation and configuration of Backup tools on Server and clients to set up client server architecture, along with creating policies, schedules etc.

Creation and initialization of Database instance of DB2 along with creation of Recovery log volumes on Server.

Daily backup of Database instance for disaster recovery along with purging of recovery log.

Identification and timely resolution of backup failures caused due to hardware/software issues in servers and tape libraries, drop in network, hung daemons in Windows, AIX or Solaris Operating System etc.

Maintaining consistent and secure restored backup data and backup of Database to be ready for disaster recovery.

Planning and performing disaster recovery of file servers. Worked in Disaster Recovery drill as per customer's requirement by building all the setup from scratch.

Liaising with hardware vendors like Quantum, IBM, Oracle and other OEM’s to troubleshoot hardware and software related issues of tape libraries.

Documenting various operational procedures along with knowledge transfer to new joiners in the team.

Identifying and capturing storage and network requirement as data size grows and letting the management know well in time to procure more storage space for data storage like tapes, disks or bandwidth etc.

Always making sure to meet and exceed Service level agreement and contractual obligations.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
My job responsibilities look something like this

Job Responsibilities of employee during the tenure.

Working with users/clients to formulate and document requirements. Responsible for development and implementation of business solutions.

Upgrading IBM storage systems(V7000,v37000,V5000 and brocade switches). Configuring and managing storage in GUI as well as in CLI mode.

User and Security Management. Identifying inefficiencies to minimize Security breaches.

Work with other teams like wintel, backup and linux on storage performance tuning.

Analyzing Shared storage considerations for High Availability (Red Hat and VCS) Cluster and Analyzing Networking considerations for High Availability Cluster.

Extensive use of LVM, creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes, and disk mirroring. Implementation of RAID 0/1/5 for creation of logical volumes using VERITAS Volume Manager in SAN Storage Area Environment.

Perform health checks on servers, networks, applications and other devices.

Create, perform and closure of changes in CASDM tools.

Attend CAB call on weekly basis with change management team for smooth executing of changes.

Installation and configuration of Backup tools on Server and clients to set up client server architecture, along with creating policies, schedules etc.

Creation and initialization of Database instance of DB2 along with creation of Recovery log volumes on Server.

Daily backup of Database instance for disaster recovery along with purging of recovery log.

Identification and timely resolution of backup failures caused due to hardware/software issues in servers and tape libraries, drop in network, hung daemons in Windows, AIX or Solaris Operating System etc.

Maintaining consistent and secure restored backup data and backup of Database to be ready for disaster recovery.

Planning and performing disaster recovery of file servers. Worked in Disaster Recovery drill as per customer's requirement by building all the setup from scratch.

Liaising with hardware vendors like Quantum, IBM, Oracle and other OEM’s to troubleshoot hardware and software related issues of tape libraries.

Documenting various operational procedures along with knowledge transfer to new joiners in the team.

Identifying and capturing storage and network requirement as data size grows and letting the management know well in time to procure more storage space for data storage like tapes, disks or bandwidth etc.

Always making sure to meet and exceed Service level agreement and contractual obligations.
Again, you need to check the NOCs and see what is the best fit.