+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Confusion!

patel.suneesh

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Thane
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys need some help. My wife has worked in the insurance sector from 2006-2011 so as per FSW she falls under NOC B 1312. In 2012 March she joined another company where she was working as a private assistant/secretary. In this case she falls under the NOC B 1241 and she left the job in June 2015. So she has a work exp of 3 yrs as a secretary and 5 yrs of work exp as an insurance adjuster. When creating EE profile it asked which primary NOC would you like your profile to be assessed upon. I would like my primary NOC to be 1312 which is an insurance adjuster but the problem is some provinces like Ontario want 1yr work exp in the past five years which I am not meeting if I show NOC 1312 as my primary NOC. So guys please advise which NOC i should continue with whether it should be 1312 or 1241. And also does anyone have an idea if CIC does give out the ITA on NOC basis or point basis ?. Thanking you guys in advance.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
In EE you have to choose the main code, under which you are going to claim points. However, in the Ontario application, for instance, there isn't any requirement to choose any code, you simply mention all your experience in codes, so no deal of main and secondary codes. I mean, if you feel comfortable with the old one, you can go on with that one, in my opinion.

patel.suneesh

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Thane
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valsanail said:
In EE you have to choose the main code, under which you are going to claim points. However, in the Ontario application, for instance, there isn't any requirement to choose any code, you simply mention all your experience in codes, so no deal of main and secondary codes. I mean, if you feel comfortable with the old one, you can go on with that one, in my opinion.
Ohhk so if i recall correctly cic asks for 1 yr of continuous employment in the same noc in the past 10 years right to claim points , is that right ? If yes then i can use the old noc old. I still havent completed my profile so i'll make changes if i need to.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
yes, you must have at least 1 year of full-time paid employment in the same noc code within the last 10 years. You can update to you EE profile whenever you like.

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
NOV 24, 2015 IMM5669 A requested
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
valsanail said:
yes, you must have at least 1 year of full-time paid employment in the same noc code within the last 10 years. You can update to you EE profile whenever you like.
Just to be safe I would recommend to start your one year experience from the date that is written on the diploma/degree that is given in the convocation. Cic asks for a scan copy of the diploma too.

Andy

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Dear Andy, how diploma is related to the work experience in this context? Sorry I didn't understand what you mean. Why does he need to start counting experience directly after getting diploma?

Andy.cic

Oct 26, 2015
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 1, 2015
Doc's Request.
NOV 24, 2015 IMM5669 A requested
AOR Received.
NOV 1, 2015
Passport Req..
FEB 01, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 25, 2016
valsanail said:
Dear Andy, how diploma is related to the work experience in this context? Sorry I didn't understand what you mean. Why does he need to start counting experience directly after getting diploma?
It happened to my friend.
His last semester ended on 30 April, 2011.
He started his work on May 7, 2011.
He was avarded his diploma on June 11, 2011 during convocation (the actual diploma had June 11, 2011 written on it)
He got corse completion letter on May 15 from college though.
He filed his application end of May 2012.

His application was declined on the grounds that he didn't have one full year experience. VISA officer explained that he actually graduated on June 11, 2011. So before that date his experience doesn't count.

It was a bit unfair on officers part.

I've never heard of this happening to anybody else.

Hope this clarifies

patel.suneesh

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Thane
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy.cic said:
Just to be safe I would recommend to start your one year experience from the date that is written on the diploma/degree that is given in the convocation. Cic asks for a scan copy of the diploma too.

Andy
OMG is it true that your experience starts from the date mentioned on your final degree /convocation and not from the day your start working full time ? Because my wife after completing her graduation in 2004 did not apply for her degree after completing studies for what ever reason , she did apply for her degree for the WES eval this year and when she got her degree the date mentioned on it was march 2015. She has been working in her first job since feb 2006 so will that not count as experience just because the date on final degree is different :'(. Please clarify this thing guys ???

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
patel.suneesh said:
OMG is it true that your experience starts from the date mentioned on your final degree /convocation and not from the day your start working full time ? Because my wife after completing her graduation in 2004 did not apply for her degree after completing studies for what ever reason , she did apply for her degree for the WES eval this year and when she got her degree the date mentioned on it was march 2015. She has been working in her first job since feb 2006 so will that not count as experience just because the date on final degree is different :'(. Please clarify this thing guys ???
There is nothing to panic here.

In my opinion even though the visa officer's decision was harsh, it was still technically correct. The awarding body officially awarded the qualification on June 11th. This should be the date when you have completed the requirements of your course and are no longer a student.

However, in your wife's case this should not be an issue. She completed her education in 2004 and started employment in 2006. March 2015 is simply the date on which degree certificate was issued/printed.

Does the degree certificate actually state that XYZ completed her course in March 2015?

patel.suneesh

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Thane
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The final degree states she completed her studies in 2004 april. Its just that she applied late year for her final degree and it mentions the date when she got her degree. Weirdly though she applied for her degree in sept end 2015 but when we got the degree date mentioned is 02 march 2015

snehalshah

Jan 5, 2016
Also could you help me with one more thing we created our ee profile and job bank profile like an hour ago. Although in the job bank profile it says as profile is active but in my ee profile its showing job bank registration as still pending. What could be the reason ? Is there any other procedure we are required to do after creating both the accounts ? Everything else is as it should be , its showing my crs score as well just showing job bank as pending :mad:

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
snehalshah said:
Also could you help me with one more thing we created our ee profile and job bank profile like an hour ago. Although in the job bank profile it says as profile is active but in my ee profile its showing job bank registration as still pending. What could be the reason ? Is there any other procedure we are required to do after creating both the accounts ? Everything else is as it should be , its showing my crs score as well just showing job bank as pending :mad:
Please, wait for 24 hours to pass.