+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code Job Duties Review

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Hello,

I have NOC Code 2146:
https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=2146&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getVD&MLV=4&TVD=122372

Do the duties below match enough with 3 of the bullet points (1st, 2nd and 8th) in the NOC ?

(I am an aerospace analysis engineer, so my primary job is computer simulations, and it is a highly specialized role. It is sort of absurd to expect to match 50% of the 8 job duties per the the NOC without lying as a result.)

•Develop and document stress analysis models, utilize existing structural analysis tools, and/or perform hand calculations to substantiate the structural integrity of installation designs on commercial aircraft with oversight from senior engineers and FAA designees
• Develop and document LRU cooling analysis models and/or perform hand calculations to substantiate the cooling requirements of installed and/or replaced LRUs
• Develop and document electrical load analysis models, utilize existing and/or create customized electrical load analysis tools to substantiate the electrical integrity of installation designs on commercial aircraft
• Develop and document damage tolerance analysis models using the results from stress analysis as input boundary conditions
• Actively Develops and adapts creative and comprehensive analysis/certification strategies to show compliance with the required regulations for installations on commercial aircraft
• Develop, perform and direct model meshing and validation
• Works with mechanical design engineers, electrical systems engineers, project managers and analysis engineers to develop analysis strategy
• Actively assists project management and engineering team in solving internal and external analysis/certification-related challenges
• Works in conjunction with ODA UM/DER resources to develop all quantitative certification-related documents and deliverables

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Hello,

I have NOC Code 2146:
https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=2146&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getVD&MLV=4&TVD=122372

Do the duties below match enough with 3 of the bullet points (1st, 2nd and 8th) in the NOC ?

(I am an aerospace analysis engineer, so my primary job is computer simulations, and it is a highly specialized role. It is sort of absurd to expect to match 50% of the 8 job duties per the the NOC without lying as a result.)

•Develop and document stress analysis models, utilize existing structural analysis tools, and/or perform hand calculations to substantiate the structural integrity of installation designs on commercial aircraft with oversight from senior engineers and FAA designees
• Develop and document LRU cooling analysis models and/or perform hand calculations to substantiate the cooling requirements of installed and/or replaced LRUs
• Develop and document electrical load analysis models, utilize existing and/or create customized electrical load analysis tools to substantiate the electrical integrity of installation designs on commercial aircraft
• Develop and document damage tolerance analysis models using the results from stress analysis as input boundary conditions
• Actively Develops and adapts creative and comprehensive analysis/certification strategies to show compliance with the required regulations for installations on commercial aircraft
• Develop, perform and direct model meshing and validation
• Works with mechanical design engineers, electrical systems engineers, project managers and analysis engineers to develop analysis strategy
• Actively assists project management and engineering team in solving internal and external analysis/certification-related challenges
• Works in conjunction with ODA UM/DER resources to develop all quantitative certification-related documents and deliverables
@legalfalcon could you assess this if possible? Thanks.