+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code for data scientist

Jan 21, 2022
Hi Everyone

Those who progressed to the next step, please let me know what NOC you finally went with for the role of Data Scientist. This forum link (https://emigratecanada.com/noc-21211/) says NOC 2173 (from NOC 2016) has become NOC 21211 (in NOC 2021 version). I am not sure of its validity. Please share your views on this as well.

Klimmy

Jul 17, 2022
Hi Klimmy,

Which 2016 NOC have you decided to use for a Data Scientist?
Hi Rakesh,

I haven't applied yet as I'm still preparing my docs. But I'm going to go with this:
2172Database analysts and data administrators

However, when I'm ready I will check information on the official website whether NOC version they use changed.

Reactions: nrakeshchandran
Jan 21, 2022
Hi Rakesh,

I haven't applied yet as I'm still preparing my docs. But I'm going to go with this:
2172Database analysts and data administrators

However, when I'm ready I will check information on the official website whether NOC version they use changed.
Thank you for your response Klimmy. Please do keep us posted of your progress.

Jan 21, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I am presently working as a Data Scientist in India. Educational background: BE (Electrical and Electronics), MBA (Marketing and Operations). My job responsibilities include ML model building and maintenance, BI Dashboard building, and business analysis. Tools/Languages Used: R, Python, SQL and Azure Stack. I find 2172 and 2174 to have some degree of overlap with my job responsibilities. However, please let me know which would be the most appropriate NOC based on my profile and for a Data Scientist in general.

vishveshK

Oct 16, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I am presently working as a Data Scientist in India. Educational background: BE (Electrical and Electronics), MBA (Marketing and Operations). My job responsibilities include ML model building and maintenance, BI Dashboard building, and business analysis. Tools/Languages Used: R, Python, SQL and Azure Stack. I find 2172 and 2174 to have some degree of overlap with my job responsibilities. However, please let me know which would be the most appropriate NOC based on my profile and for a Data Scientist in general.
I have the similar situation for both - my foreign and canadian work experience. What NOC code did you finally select? I am thinking to write a LOE stating the same situation. What do you suggest?