+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code for Data Engineer (future Data Scientist)

gm2611

Aug 26, 2018
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your attention.
Currently, I am working under the designation of Software Engineer for the past 4 years. However my role is more aligned to a data engineer. I am working on design, development, and testing of software products using Python, R, SQL, Tableau and I would like to know which NOC code would work out the best for me?

I was initially aligned towards NOC code 2173 but I have figured out that is more for a Java developer. Also, I don't have a degree in Computer Science. I have B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering. So, I am thinking more towards 2174. It is still a question which one to fill out?

Another thing: In future, I am planning to work as a Data Scientist/ Data Analyst kind of role which is close to 2172. So, does it matter what NOC code I choose in order to get future job prospects (in Canada)?

In short, if I put 2173 NOC code today and was able to furnish the reference letters and get the PR for Canada, can I work as a Data Scientist (2172) when I move to Canada or apply for Data Scientist jobs in Canada?
Or do I have to find a job like 2173 only?

Please help me with your feedback.

Thanks