+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code and Experience

Nims000

May 17, 2021
Hai Team, am writing this for my wife. She completed MSW from one of the famous central universities in India. We were now trying to migrate to Canada. She does have 3+ years working experience. But not in Social work area. She have experience in government sector in managing educational programme. (NOC Code : 4166) We know that Social Worker (NOC Code :4152) have higher chance of getting PNP and EE but without experience certificate how can we give that NOC code in EE profile...

Me also completed Masters and I have 1.5 years experience as Assistant professor in a college. (NOC 4021) and more than 4 year experience as content writer. So my NOC code comes under 5121 which doesn't have much opportunities. What Can I do.

Somebody please Please reply

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
For EE, your NOC doesn’t need to match your education. Social work doesn’t have a higher chance for EE or PNP. For PNP, she most likely needs to be licensed to be eligible.

Nims000

May 17, 2021
Thanks for the fast reply. In most PNPs NOC: 4166 and 5121 is in ineligible list. But Social Worker is in high demand job. If she is registered with CASW how can we mention that in EE profile?

Can we do CASW from India? Is WES necessary for CASW registration ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the fast reply. In most PNPs NOC: 4166 and 5121 is in ineligible list. But Social Worker is in high demand job. If she is registered with CASW how can we mention that in EE profile?

Can we do CASW from India? Is WES necessary for CASW registration ?
Being registered with CASW has no bearing or will not change her EE profile. For some PNPs, she needs to be licensed by the provincial regulatory body. So select the province you want to move to, see if Social Work is an option and then look at the licensing process.

Nims000

May 17, 2021
If She want to apply for Alberta PNP and Social Work is in high demand job there, (after CASW registration) then how can she mention that in her EE profile?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If She want to apply for Alberta PNP and Social Work is in high demand job there, (after CASW registration) then how can she mention that in her EE profile?
She doesn’t. Again registering doesn’t add points or give any benefit. Alberta doesn’t publish the NOCs they select so just because the NOC is not ineligible doesn’t mean it will be selected. The province for the last while has not selected Outland unless you have a LMIA or family member. Selection has been on those living and working in the province.

Nims000

May 17, 2021
I select Alberta as just an example. I saw some of the province added in-demand jobs in their website, and some have ineligible jobs list. Without a Social worker experience certificate how come the Immigration department or Province bodies know she is a MSW holder. ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I select Alberta as just an example. I saw some of the province added in-demand jobs in their website, and some have ineligible jobs list. Without a Social worker experience certificate how come the Immigration department or Province bodies know she is a MSW holder. ?
Her degree is a MSW. For EE, it doesn’t matter that you don’t have SW experience, any skilled work in NOC A, B or 0 is counted. For Saskatchewan your education must match your NOC so your employment letters show that you are experienced in the field. Plus you need to be licensed (I think).