+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC-7216, Please Clarify

Bhatia

Jul 29, 2011
Dear Hasni

Well Sir, I am lookin forward to apply for an occupation whose tittle could be "mechanical inspector foreman/supervisor" under NOC 7216. I have been handling all the responsibilities, what this job tittle asks for since this is the core practice in quality engineering. I am doing it on regulasr basis since last 2 years. However, over and above this job tittle, I am handling many other responsibilities which are further one or two level above this job profile. For example, i myself do inspection of mechanical components and also assist the Junior engineers as well and junior inspectors for the same. Over and above this job i make quality inspection plans on the basis of which mechanical inspectors work. This responsibility is related to the mechanical inspection supervision. So, even if I exclude what extra responsibilities I handle, I am handling all the responsibilities asked from mechanical inspection supervisor. Its just that I am senior now, so I am handling few more job profiles than this. Kindly now re-access my case and let me know.

Thanking you in advance
S.S. Bhatia

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
@Bhatia,

Your case looks perfect to me, as you do max out of the listed responsibilities. Keep in mind that it is only and only your job responsibilities that are thoroughly verified at CIO / VO against the one listed under an intended NOC. Hope it helps.

Jay Goga

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-3-11
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Hey Mr. Hasni

this is Jay ...,,,, I hope u r all doin well ,,,,,

Now my ? is tat I have applied on 30 th march 11 & my NOC code is 7216 but even today I haven't got any AOR or PER or any communication from Sydney Nova Scotia.

And yeah for my satisfaction I did enquery abt my Draft & I came to know tat they encashed my draft on 26 th April 11 . So it's been almost 3 months after my Draft encashed even though I didn't get any updation or communication from them.

Wat do u think?

Any positive glimpse

Any suggestion

Wat should I do ?

Give me ur opinion & advice

Should I wait?

Thanx a lot in advance

Regards,

Jay

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dear Jay Goga,
It is offcourse a positive sign that your draft has been encashed. There may be reasons you could not get your PER uptill now., like you did not put your email id clearly in the forms, or it might go to your junk box sometimes, or you might be among few of those whose cases were kept pending due to some reason (but now CIO has started working on those cases and many applicants who did'nt get PER as per scheduled time has started receiving it now). Best thing you can do is to rush in an email to CIO enquiring about the delay in PER.Hope it helps.Best of luck to you.

Jay Goga

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-3-11
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
Not yet
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Thanx a lot Mr. Hasni for this supportive information

By the way be in touch

regards

Jay

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@Jay & Bhatia,

You are wellcome, best of luck to both of you.

Aug 20, 2011
Dear Hasni

I would like to apply in category 7216... My title is Technical Manager.... i am managing a service center and am responsible for running the entire operations of that....

the things i can not do is budgeting (i am given a budget in which i have to manage) and hiring/firingof people (however i can put my recommendations forward)

other than coordination with departments.... process improvements... manging people etc... i do everything.

by the way my service center is an authorized service center for a camera brand

another question is when i requested my company for a job description letter they only provided me with No objection letter.... how can i proof i am actually involve in all this... Can i proof by articles/interviews that were published of me for certain publications?

Regards

Devilish

Hasni said:
@ khawar1,

Dear your consultant is not right, you ought to have min one year exp (in the past 10 years) in one of the professions described under the ministerial instructions.Now in order to claim full 21 marks under experience category, you should have more than 4 yrs of experience (in the past 10 yrs) of the intended profession that should be withinh 29 mandatory professions.Thus in my opinion you will get 17 points against 2 1/2 yrs experience that you posess.Hope it helps

@ ramayfathalla,

Wellcome to NOC 7216 group. You sould expect PER within 50 - 60 days after your application is received at CIO. Have to be patient for another month min.Best of luck.

@ Bhatia,

In order to claim points under certain NOC, it is MUST that you should have performed min 60 - 70 % of the job responsibilities written under that NOC. Having performed only one job responsibility out of the listed responsibilities would not help you in satisfying the VO and its highly likely that your app will be turned down.

ali786leo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nice to hear some applicant from NOC 7216 I am working as electro Mechnical Maintiance Supervisor in saudia arabia last 10 months

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also a NOC 7216 applicant here! still preparing documents and forms... hope to submit it in September. ;D

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dear devilish charm,
Your job title is Technical Manager, that is not an issue BUT you need to scroll down very carefully the job titles under 7216 category and see if any job title relating to Supervisor / Foreman of Camera maintenance exists there, (i doubt it does not) and around 60 - 70% of your job responsibilities do match with the ones listed under 7216 - you surely stand a chance. Let me tell you that CIO / VO is very much particular about the job responsibilities that you have performed under the intended NOC and i have noticed a lot of cases that have face rejection because of only this factor.
Second comes the experience letter / job offer or contract letter - well i personally think that you should try and get by any means the required experience letter and make sure that it contains all what is asked by CIC (details can be seen in the canada immigration guide), SHOULD NOT be a copy paste stuff !! Hope it helps

Bhatia

Jul 29, 2011
haq_bd said:
Dear Senior(s),

In the form of Schedule-3, Question-11 Name of Occupation

Under the Name of Occupation- which title i have to wrote?
i,e. My official title is “Mechanical Maintenance Engineer” matches with NOC- 7216.

But as per 7216 there is a title “Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor”

Please tell me which title i have to wrote in the Schedule-3,
Question-11 Name of Occupation.

Take Care
Dear haq_bd

I am also planning to apply in same category i.e. NOC 7216 in a month or so. I have a similar issue. I am planning to apply as "mechanical inspector foreman/supervisor" which figures in the job titles as I can see from CIC webiste. While I am a Quality assurance engineer, I do perform all the duties of Mechanical inspector foreman/supervisor which is most important part of my job profile. On top of that I handle lot of tasks as quality assurance engineer because I am way more qualified having done B. tech in Mechanical trade and Master of engg. in Manufacturing technology. I wanted to know whether being over qualified is an issue..?

Can I just go ahead with this category since I have genuine experience in inspection as well as inspection-supervision of mechanical components...?

my concern is My overall job profile is very vast and diversified...all the duties of mechanical Inspector and supervision is just one part of it...while I also assist mechanical designers, vendor approvals which a person with this much qualufication usually handles...?

Kindly help...I am confused.

Regards
S.S. Bhatia

haq_bd

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO/AUVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Bhatia,
If you are met all criteria under 7216, you can apply & your job title will "YOUR" totle in your job.

You just prepare job reference letter as per NOC-7216, Don't copy/paste
Don't worry abt ur qualification as you are graduate engineer.

Don't worry & Forward

Best of Luck

shibu

May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I am going to apply Under NOC7216. i haven't any payslips. Is IT Ok?Also I am working in a same company from last 14 years.should i show experience letter of previous company?My previous company has been closed.

Please, advice.