Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all
pls read this definitional news
NOC 4131 and 4121

A closer look at the 38 qualifying occupations under the Federal Skilled Worker Program: University Professors, and College and other Vocational Instructor.

There is often confusion about whether or not an individual is eligible to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, because their job title might differ from those listed in the announced 38 qualifying occupations. Job titles for a particular occupation can vary across different countries, different industries and even different employers, but the duties performed in the occupation are more important than the job title when it comes to determining eligibility. This month's edition of our Newsletter highlights two of the 38 qualifying occupations—University Professors, and College and Other Vocational Instructors. A closer look at each occupation shows that there are more eligible applicants than the job titles initially suggest.

University Professors—according to its National Occupation Classification description, the everyday duties for this occupation include teaching one or more university subjects to undergraduate and graduate students, preparing and delivering lectures to students, conducting laboratory sessions or discussion groups, and preparing, administering and grading examinations, laboratory assignments and reports. Possible other duties include serving on faculty committees dealing with such matters as curriculum planning and degree requirements, and performing a variety of administrative duties.

While the above duties apply to university professors and department chairs, they may, depending on the circumstances, also apply to assistant or associate professors, visiting professors and university lecturers as well. All these job titles may be eligible under the Federal Skilled Worker category.

College and other Vocational Instructors—the National Occupation Classification defines College and Other Vocational Instructors as instructors who teach academic, vocational, technical and applied art subjects both in colleges and at the college level. Everyday duties include teaching students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects. In addition, College and other Vocational Instructors develop curricula and courses, prepare, administer and mark student tests and papers, advise students on program curricula and career decisions, and provide individualized tutorial/remedial instructions, among other duties.

At first glance, this occupation seems to describe a narrow group of instructors at non-university post-secondary institutions, but other occupations may also fit the profile.

For example, an instructor that teaches English as a second language to adults may qualify under this occupation. In addition, an instructor who teaches students how to drive commercial vehicles may also qualify. Other potential applicants that may be considered under this occupation are company trainers and community-based trainers.

It is crucial for all potential immigrants to compare their job descriptions and duties to those of the 38 qualifying occupations—they might discover they qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker program even if their job titles say they don't.

@ Rink,
Thanks for yr email.
I am sorry that I had understood your concerned quite differently as a result I had posted an advice regarding ABC College and......., anyway as u have already posted the defination of NOC 4131 frm CHC site
I don't think it will create any problem to u.( but pls consult with some Immigration consultants with doc. if possible or take advice frm some other senior before u send the doc).
What I had understood is ABC college and Higher SECONDARY EDUCATION, as u have written in email to me ''higher studies'' will not be the problem.
regarding edu level or other post I have lots of friends who have already got their visa that their education level was only Masters Degree and teaching to Bachelor Degree level. BUT some had cotted as NOC 4131 and some had cotted as 4121 in their application. if we are not associated proffessors and don't have PHD level educatio I think NOC 4131 will be the best.

pls correct me if I am wrong.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Hiprashant for your elaboration.. Yes its been a real confusion for many including me. For me it was some second thoughts to select for my right NOC during application as I have had a period of College and later Uni teaching experience. But I was told somebody that if one doesn't have a PhD, better not to apply under 4121 and I followed the advise to apply under 4131.... As you are saying you have friends who were successful applying in 4121 without PhD? Is that so? I am hanging at "In process" for nearly 60 days and wondering if its becoming an issue for me (Not selecting right NOC for my job descriptions) to get delayed in processing as I am equally qualified as university professor category....... Any expert comment from you or from seniors....
Thnx in advance

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Hi Fariza

Just go ahead and apply if u have taught at universities or colleges. U can apply under NOC 4121. I have gotten my Passport request under application for NOC 4121, cause i have taught at universities and colleges for many years but i only have masters degree and no PHD. If u have a PHD and taught at Univs then u can apply under 4131.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Abelkh for ur suggestion and congrats on getting the request of Passport. But I have already "In process" with my application at Sydney Australia so I can't change my NOC now to be 4121. I regret that I should have apply under 4121 though .... by the way I don't yet have my PhD done. Whats your Visa office? can you please share your time line? Pl. wish me luck as I am stuck at In process for 60 days......Feeling myself very unlucky ....

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
U can check my timeline from one of the sites, from Singapore Office FSW.

U just need to wait and be patient, u will have yr time for PPR.

vikbul

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome, Italy
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/11/2009
Doc's Request.
19/01/2010
AOR Received.
23/04/2010
File Transfer...
08/04/2010
Med's Request
01/06/2010
Med's Done....
09/06/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29/06/2010
VISA ISSUED...
14/07/2010
LANDED..........
....maybe Dec 2010
fariza said:
Thanks Hiprashant for your elaboration.. Yes its been a real confusion for many including me. For me it was some second thoughts to select for my right NOC during application as I have had a period of College and later Uni teaching experience. But I was told somebody that if one doesn't have a PhD, better not to apply under 4121 and I followed the advise to apply under 4131.... As you are saying you have friends who were successful applying in 4121 without PhD? Is that so? I am hanging at "In process" for nearly 60 days and wondering if its becoming an issue for me (Not selecting right NOC for my job descriptions) to get delayed in processing as I am equally qualified as university professor category....... Any expert comment from you or from seniors....
Thnx in advance
Am new here, ive applied in Rome under NOC 4131, I got my AOR last week, my question is how can i access the e-cas to know my status?

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ vikbul
You can chk ur E cas status using the file number given in ur AOR... It might take few weeks to update your data in CIC system or through your local VISA office so just have patience.
Good luck to your rest of process

vikbul

May 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome, Italy
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/11/2009
Doc's Request.
19/01/2010
AOR Received.
23/04/2010
File Transfer...
08/04/2010
Med's Request
01/06/2010
Med's Done....
09/06/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29/06/2010
VISA ISSUED...
14/07/2010
LANDED..........
....maybe Dec 2010
Seniors please I have been teaching students from a local institute of technology and the university at a tuition center (35 hours a week) for the past five years, then the university offers me 6 hours a week to conduct lab sessions. My employer (at the tuition center) gave me a reference letter only outlining the duration and the subjects I teach, which are all either university or technological institute level. The salary and benefits are in the contract so he did not write. Additionally Ive also worked as a research assistant on six European union projects since 2005. The CIO gave me a positive answer, now I have submitted my full documents to CHC in Rome on 8/04/10. The AOR letter from Rome states that the average processing time is 12 months is it that long?. I still can't get any info on the so called e-cas.
Seniors what's your advise on work experience?, do i qualify under NOC 4131?.
Thx