+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 3131 and NOC 2121

jennermb

Oct 30, 2011
Hi guys!

I've have searched the forum and can't seem to find answers so I started a new thread.

My question is this. I graduated with BS Pharmacy degree BUT my WORK EXPERIENCE is based on NOC 2121 (Biologists and Related Scientists).
Would that be a problem? Is it absolutely necessary that your educational background should also coincide with your work experience?

I've also consulted with an agency and they say that I need at least 10yrs experience to be qualified based on my case.

If you know something please share.

Also please refer me to other threads that you think will be helpful.

Please help.

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
jennermb said:
Hi guys!

I've have searched the forum and can't seem to find answers so I started a new thread.

My question is this. I graduated with BS Pharmacy degree BUT my WORK EXPERIENCE is based on NOC 2121 (Biologists and Related Scientists).
Would that be a problem? Is it absolutely necessary that your educational background should also coincide with your work experience?

I've also consulted with an agency and they say that I need at least 10yrs experience to be qualified based on my case.

If you know something please share.

Also please refer me to other threads that you think will be helpful.

Please help.
Here you go;
1. For you to be qualified for processing under the federal skilled worker programme, you must have had one year of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in at least one of the 29 eligible occupations within the last ten years:

2. Biologists and Related Scientists are employed in both laboratory and field settings by governments, environmental consulting companies, resource and utilities companies, chemical, pharmaceutical and bio-technical companies and health and educational institutions.

3. There are many examples of titles for biologists and related scientists, but I have picked out 2 that may be related to yours, ie;
> pharmaceutical bacteriologist
> pharmacologist

4. Employment Requirements

A bachelor's degree in biology or in a related discipline is required for biologists.
A master's or doctoral degree in biology or a related discipline is required for employment as a research scientist in biology.
Post-doctoral research experience is usually required before employment in academic departments or research institutions.

From the above information, and by my personal interpretation of the highlighted lines(by me), you may qualify to apply under NOC 2121.
I hope that some seniors can throw more light on this, and possibly advise you better.
Best of luck!

jennermb

Oct 30, 2011
Thank you so much for that info.

NOC 2121 Main duties that are related to my work experience are the following:

"Biologists perform some or all of the following duties:
  • conduct experiments in plant
    May supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists

Microbiologists and cell & molecular biologists perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Conduct clinical or laboratory studies to test, evaluate and screen drugs and pharmaceuticals"

Will that suffice for me to apply under NOC 2121??

My job title states that I am a "Laboratory Custodian/Technician" but what I do is more than a custodian/technician.

Will my job title be questioned??

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
jennermb said:
Thank you so much for that info.

NOC 2121 Main duties that are related to my work experience are the following:

"Biologists perform some or all of the following duties:
  • conduct experiments in plant
    May supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists

Microbiologists and cell & molecular biologists perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Conduct clinical or laboratory studies to test, evaluate and screen drugs and pharmaceuticals"

Will that suffice for me to apply under NOC 2121??

My job title states that I am a "Laboratory Custodian/Technician" but what I do is more than a custodian/technician.

Will my job title be questioned??

Your listed duties may suffice, but you would have to expatiate them, and you must not use the exact CIO words.

As per your job title, I am not too sure if that would be questioned or not, but you can go through the example titles, and see if any of them is synonymous with yours.

I wish you all the best.

jennermb

Oct 30, 2011
@Naija Pikin: thank you very much. You are very helpful.

Therefore I can make my own job title and lists down all my duties and then let it be signed by HR officer. Is that ok?

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
jennermb said:
@ Naija Pikin: thank you very much. You are very helpful.

Therefore I can make my own job title and lists down all my duties and then let it be signed by HR officer. Is that ok?
Yes, that will be ok. Besides I know someone whose job title was not on the titles example list, but still got cleared by CIO and CIC, because his duties were in line with NOC 2121.

sumangrewal

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone help me

I want to apply under NOC 2121.
Whether i am eligible for it or for other NOC

I am B.E in Food Technology from INDIA

3.5 years experience as "Research and Development Officer" in Edible vegetable oil Industry in India
7 months experience as "Quality Assurance Officer" in Biscuit manufacturing Industry in India