+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 1221 - Project Manager - Non-Technical Job Duties

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am going to complete my one year of work experience in the end of May, 2017. I have IELTS and all other documents ready to create my Express Entry profile. With one year of experience, I will have 456 points.

I am working as a Project Manager (Non technical) in a company. I did some research regarding the right NOC code for this position which should be NOC 1221 - Administrative officers.

I also have come up with my job duties which somewhat match with NOC 1221 job duties I found on CIC website.

It would be appreciated if you guys can give me some feedback for below job duties:

Project Manager - Non Technical Job Duties:

• Develop project plan and oversee from conception and planning to implementation, including accountability, strategies, processes and resources
  • Co-ordinate activities and tasks among internal departments (sales , art , service & accounting), client and vendor/subcontractor organizations (labor crews, freight companies, show decorators, etc) as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope
  • Responsible for managing schedule and task details by utilizing project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklist and project scheduling software
  • Create accurate quotes and assist in budgetary controls, and place accurate and timely sales orders
  • Develop implementation plans and methods for monitoring project progress, implement and utilize reporting and administrative forms for all departments
  • Carry out administrative tasks for active projects which include current status, critical due dates, forecast completion dates, risk and associated dependencies and maintain comprehensive project documentation
  • Co-ordinate and supervise administrative procedures in the company and implement new procedures that impact the Project Management department
  • Assist in the sales process by communicating with the customer throughout the process, in a timely manner, to relay project status and to address client concerns
  • Identify and resolve project issues, inter-dependencies, and conflicts
Any help or advice would be highly appreciated. Please advise if the above responsibilities should be okay for NOC 1221 or I need to make some changes. Thank you.

pvashi

Jan 5, 2017
Hi,

I think your duties are fine. Just double check that you utilize the keywords from the NOC description in your duties as well.

elaghil

May 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I am going to complete my one year of work experience in the end of May, 2017. I have IELTS and all other documents ready to create my Express Entry profile. With one year of experience, I will have 456 points.

I am working as a Project Manager (Non technical) in a company. I did some research regarding the right NOC code for this position which should be NOC 1221 - Administrative officers.

I also have come up with my job duties which somewhat match with NOC 1221 job duties I found on CIC website.

It would be appreciated if you guys can give me some feedback for below job duties:

Project Manager - Non Technical Job Duties:

• Develop project plan and oversee from conception and planning to implementation, including accountability, strategies, processes and resources
  • Co-ordinate activities and tasks among internal departments (sales , art , service & accounting), client and vendor/subcontractor organizations (labor crews, freight companies, show decorators, etc) as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope
  • Responsible for managing schedule and task details by utilizing project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklist and project scheduling software
  • Create accurate quotes and assist in budgetary controls, and place accurate and timely sales orders
  • Develop implementation plans and methods for monitoring project progress, implement and utilize reporting and administrative forms for all departments
  • Carry out administrative tasks for active projects which include current status, critical due dates, forecast completion dates, risk and associated dependencies and maintain comprehensive project documentation
  • Co-ordinate and supervise administrative procedures in the company and implement new procedures that impact the Project Management department
  • Assist in the sales process by communicating with the customer throughout the process, in a timely manner, to relay project status and to address client concerns
  • Identify and resolve project issues, inter-dependencies, and conflicts
Any help or advice would be highly appreciated. Please advise if the above responsibilities should be okay for NOC 1221 or I need to make some changes. Thank you.[/QUOT

Dear kimi_pat...
I have the same experience as you. Project Manager (non technical) with 7 years of experience.

My question is do you intend to apply for provincial nominee program? Do you know in which province does the NOC 1221 is in demand?

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi,

I think your duties are fine. Just double check that you utilize the keywords from the NOC description in your duties as well.
Dear pvashi,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes I have double checked keywords and description on cic website. Take care!

Anu Ashokkumar

Feb 15, 2019
Hello,

I not able to find the roles and responsibilities from CIC website for Project Manager-Non Technical

Kindly can anyone help me with this

Anu Ashokkumar

Feb 15, 2019
I went into 1221Administrative Officer, however the Project Manager- Non Technical roles and responsibilities are not appearing the hyper link
to this role is not appearing i can only see the Role name