+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 0213 - IT PROJECT MANAGER

BHASKARA777

Sep 20, 2010
Anumathi,
Could you please let me know your visa status. I is almost 9 months since I submitted my full document to New Delhi VO. I did not get any updates from them.

Friends.. if any one submitted full docs during Aug, 2010 and got into the next level of visa process, please update in this forum.

OmSai73

Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
God's Decession
Passport Req..
1-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Yes on Dec-15-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for March 2015
No updates from me, same old.....

One of the forum member got MR request and he is Pre June26 and his Second AOR is Aug2010.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/full-docs-to-new-delhi-chc-in-august-2010-t49425.420.html

sweetsmiles

Jan 3, 2010
Hi Imran,

Don't get me wrong. But, really it is unbelievable that they could issue PR in 0213 category to a Senio Software Developer job title. I have worked as Senior Team Lead in technical and leadership roles as well as I have PMP certification, still my PR was rejected based on Insufficient information provided. Big firms never issue roles and responsibilities letter to anyone, they only highlight Job title and that is what did not match in my case. Lucky you.

Any idea if I can reapply or try to get a Work permit to improve my chances?

imran7799 said:
Agreed Tegnus.

Take for my example. I am a Sr. Software Developer(with 5 years of experience in .Net). Since my company was small, I have performed all the duties that are mentioned in CHC website. Hence making me eligible for 0213 Category. I have completed my Medicals and waiting for the PP with Visa. According to the CHC website your designation is not important. Important is the duties you have performed and you can prove that your actually have performed them.

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
PR was rejected ? means on first stage ??? or after AOR ?

BHASKARA777

Sep 20, 2010
Sweetsmile,
Please let me know whether your visa got rejected by Central Intake Office or during the later stage after submission of the full documentation to Visa office?

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
hey Sweetsmile
y visa rejected by sydney ??? or after 2nd AOR ??

Dhillon1471

Mar 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2010 CIO Sydney
Doc's Request.
18/05/2010 by CIO Sydney
AOR Received.
23/09/2010 by NDVO
File Transfer...
27/05/2010 to NDVO
Med's Request
15/11/2012
Med's Done....
23/11/2012, DM 19/02/2013
Passport Req..
15/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15/02/2013 PPT Recvd on 27/02/2013
LANDED..........
Planning for May 2013
BHASKARA777 said:
Anumathi,
Could you please let me know your visa status. I is almost 9 months since I submitted my full document to New Delhi VO. I did not get any updates from them.

Friends.. if any one submitted full docs during Aug, 2010 and got into the next level of visa process, please update in this forum.
Nothing moving yet ... Lets keep our fingure crossed

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
anumatri

I had my last BF'd date in April 2011. as per Qorax I havent ordered CAIPS again.
he told that me to wait for 6 months. I will order my CAIPS in October 2011
CIC is very skeptical on 0213's, they'd only issue visas with care, as per the need of their labor market.
Let us hope Canada's economy gets recovered as a more faster rate. more IT jobs would be created then.

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
mine BF'd date also April 2011
let see

imran7799

Jun 21, 2010
Surat
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
March 2011
LANDED..........
July 15, 2011
sweetsmiles said:
Hi Imran,

Don't get me wrong. But, really it is unbelievable that they could issue PR in 0213 category to a Senio Software Developer job title. I have worked as Senior Team Lead in technical and leadership roles as well as I have PMP certification, still my PR was rejected based on Insufficient information provided. Big firms never issue roles and responsibilities letter to anyone, they only highlight Job title and that is what did not match in my case. Lucky you.

Any idea if I can reapply or try to get a Work permit to improve my chances?
Hi sweetsmiles

Sorry to hear about your rejection.

The letter indicating you main duties is the must. I am not sure why your firm is denying you that letter. You can always reapply for PR but again you will need that letter to succed. As I said in my previous post the Job Title is not important but your job responsibilities are, and that is why they require that letter. Please also check that the duties you have performed matched with CIC website. (I think it also include that you should be doing Development (writing the codes) and architecture design) etc.

Presently the category 0213 is closed but I heard that they are changing the rules in June so you may never know it will re-open again.

PalNP

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10
Passport Req..
August 13
VISA ISSUED...
September 13
Everything is NOT moving just as we are planning ...as after changes in processing times it is sure we have to wait hell lot more time.

The Federal Skilled Worker visa is designed for individuals who have the qualifications, skills or experiences to fill Canada's skill shortages and contribute to the Canadian economy. Up to 80,400 Federal Skilled Worker Visas will be made available between 2011 and 2012.

Applicants to the Federal Skilled Worker visa demonstrate that they meet the minimum visa requirements including having work experience in a designated occupation, or a Canadian job offer. In addition, applicants must meet the pass mark on a points-based assessment. Successful applicants will obtain Canadian permanent residence, which will entitle them to live and work in Canada with few restrictions. Canadian permanent residents may also be eligible for Canadian citizenship.

And NDVO is not as it was suppose to be..they are going to issue on 7,500 FSW visas within this year...don't know how they are forecasting for these arrangements.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
sweetsmiles and imran

office never does the decoration of duties for their employees. they dont serve CIC, they serve their own organization where its not their prime concern whether or not one or more of their employees' jobs and duties match with CIC . its the duty of the employee to track and write down his duties and gets checked by his manager and then signed by him.

June could bring smile for IT guys. keep praying.

PalNP,

CIC issued 70,000 visas in 2010 which was a record in their history and issuing 80,400 in 2011-2012 wouldnt be a significant increase.

PalNP

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10
Passport Req..
August 13
VISA ISSUED...
September 13
jnathan said:
anumatri

I had my last BF'd date in April 2011. as per Qorax I havent ordered CAIPS again.
he told that me to wait for 6 months. I will order my CAIPS in October 2011
CIC is very skeptical on 0213's, they'd only issue visas with care, as per the need of their labor market.
Let us hope Canada's economy gets recovered as a more faster rate. more IT jobs would be created then.
Hi,

After viewing your signature, it seems clear that they are taking far more time than their normal time frames. Do you think this is all because of CA's market scenarios or may be we are not under their priority list? can u plz share..

PalNP

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10
Passport Req..
August 13
VISA ISSUED...
September 13
jnathan said:
PalNP,

CIC issued 70,000 visas in 2010 which was a record in their history and issuing 80,400 in 2011-2012 wouldnt be a significant increase.
Yeah, u have some point but still there is some optimism because of nos of visas amplified in 11/12.

PalNP

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10
Passport Req..
August 13
VISA ISSUED...
September 13
A recent report, entitled Outlook for Human Resources in the ICT Labour Market, 2011-2016, states that there will be a labour shortage of qualified applicants for IT related jobs in Canada within the next few years. The report was released by the Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC).

According to the report, over 106,000 IT related positions will become available between 2011 and 2016 in Canada; however there may not be enough people to fill those positions. The report has also indicated that the most shortages will occur for positions which require five or more years of experience.

In order to address the concerns regarding labour shortages, the report is suggesting five recommendations:
Post-secondary students should be encourages to take IT-related courses;
Foreign-education workers should be better integrated into Canada’s IT workforce;
Making post-secondary education more cross-disciplinary; and
Making the IT industry more accessible for various skill levels and diverse employees.

Another important suggestion made by the report is to bring more foreign skilled workers to Canada. The IT industry will be looking for skilled workers with many different skills, rather than a specific technical expertise.

The Government of Canada has not indicated how these shortages will affect their immigration strategies. Canadavisa.com will report on any changes to the Canadian immigration programs once they have been announced.