Med's Request
5-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
13-Jul-2013, RPRF encashed on 13-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
5-Jul-2013, Passport reached on 8-Aug-2013
pv said:
I am in toronto
I am PM ( as I have mentioned in my last post I moved to my companies canada office so it was easy for me to get PM position, i did not spend effort and time to get job here, I came here with job in hand , it was company transfer)
Great.. I hope I can also do that. But the catch is I am applying without my company's knowledge.
So I am not sure how I can provide the proof of my role. I have my promotion letter to PM and my company is a reputed firm. I guess I need to talk to my manager to get a reference letter but I am sure he will be reluctant to give it on a company letter head.

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Hi NeedAChange
Once your PR is through start taking within your company to get a projetc in Canada. I believe this is the safest and risk free way to get settled in Canada. The way PV did it...I will try the same from my company...

NeedAChange said:
Great.. I hope I can also do that. But the catch is I am applying without my company's knowledge.
So I am not sure how I can provide the proof of my role. I have my promotion letter to PM and my company is a reputed firm. I guess I need to talk to my manager to get a reference letter but I am sure he will be reluctant to give it on a company letter head.

P

pv

WaitingForPR_09 , as you have mentioned the comapny transfer is very good option..
I would suggest that you should first explore opening with your current employer... I bet you earn a lot of piece of mind and save time

sanjay0522

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA - on H1
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
AOR Received.
1st on April 2010, 2nd AOR on 12-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
To Los Angeles from Buffalo on Dec 1st, 2011
Med's Request
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
It's nice thread.

WaitingForPR_09 - looking at your timelines it seems for me "dilli abhi bhaut door hai".
I am still awaiting my 2nd AOR from Buffalo, sent full docs to Buffalo on 19th jun 2010, looks like did a mistake by filing PR from USA, should have filed PR from India.

Does anyone of you know that if I go back to India while my PR is going on, and interview request come, then will I have to be in USA for interview? And can they conduct interview at India. What after interview, can I give my passport for visa stamping in US embassy in India?

NeedAChange

Star Member
May 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-May-2010
Doc's Request.
6-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
14-Jan-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
5-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
sanjay0522 said:
It's nice thread.

WaitingForPR_09 - looking at your timelines it seems dilli abhi bhaut door hai.
I am still awaiting my 2nd AOR from Buffalo, sent full docs to Buffalo on 19th jun 2010, looks like did a mistake by filing PR from USA, should have filed PR from India.

Does anyone of you know that if I go back to India while my PR is going on, and interview request come, then will I have to be in USA for interview? And can they conduct interview at India. What after interview, can I give my passport for visa stamping in US embassy in India?
Based on my understanding (by reading various posts) you have to request for a VO transfer and your time line might change if they approve. You have to be in US for the interview.

imran7799

Jun 21, 2010
Surat
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
March 2011
LANDED..........
July 15, 2011
BHASKARA777 said:
Thanks PV... I have US Project Manager experience as well. I have worked in US(North Carolina) for 1.5 years. I hope I should be able to get into Project Manager role in Canada. Apart from that I am also preparing for the PMP certificate which will add value to my experience.

After getting my PR, I am planning to attend interview for Canada positions from India. Friends... has anyone in this forum ever got job offer by attending interview in India? Please let me know which method you all used for attending client interview from India for Canada jobs.

Also please let me know the cost of living in Toronto ie the calculation of all the expenses in Toronto per month for a family(Main applicant, wife and a kid).
Hi

I asked the cost of living in Toronto to one of my relative living their. Please find below his reply..

Rent, expenses, taxes and salary vary from place to place depending on which province(aka state) u live in. Bigger cities like toronto, montreal, calgary, edmonton, vancouver r a bit expensive compared to smaller cities but they hve more opportunities too.

Rent for a 1 bedroom apartment is typically $900/month. Other monthly expenses wud b transportation, groceries, phone bills, internet, misc, etc.. These expenses vary depending on the lifestyle n # of members in family but on an average I think $600 wud b enough for a couple. Taxes depends on the province, ur tax bracket, # of family members, etc. On an average, for a 50-60k income.. the deductions r like 30% or so.... u can check out the Canada Revenue Agency website www.cra.gc.ca for info on taxes.

As for the Salary, it depends on the company, location and position. On an average, developers make 50-60k/yr with around 4-5 yrs of experience. IT market is picking up quickly post recession as compared to other sectors.. jobboards like monster.ca n workopolis will give u an idea of whts offered by the market here.

Overall, living standard in Canada is fairly high n quality of life is much better as compared to other western countries tht i hve travelled to.. so i think u hve made a very good decision to move here..

Hope this helps

imran7799

Jun 21, 2010
Surat
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
March 2011
LANDED..........
July 15, 2011
Hi,

Can any one suggest how to prepare or to get a Job in Canada ? How to get started with Job Hunting. I am a Software Developer with 5 years of Experience on Microsoft Dotnet platform. (ASP.net, C#, SQl Server, Sharepoint). Do any one know about market of Sharepoint in Canada ?

BHASKARA777

Sep 20, 2010
PV,
Could you please let me know the best short term stay options in Toronto once I land in Canada, before settling in a permanent residence.

P

pv

sanjay0522 - just an correction on behalf of WaitingForPR_09 ( for him delhi is not that far :) - ) check his timeline again

BHASKARA777 - Once your file comes In- Process, then getting TRV is also not easy, so if are planning to come to canada before your PR then do it ASAP

P

pv

imran7799 - you are in good and much more demanding technology, I see here every 2nd job is in MS/VB
Sharepoint has fairly good chances and hrly rates for this tech is good

NeedAChange

Star Member
May 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-May-2010
Doc's Request.
6-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
14-Jan-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
5-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
pv said:
imran7799 - you are in good and much more demanding technology, I see here every 2nd job is in MS/VB
Hi PV,

How are the openings for Business Analyst? Usually a PM can double up as BA and the roles are interchangeable.

Anyone please post your thoughts.

P

pv

There are many BA openings, but you need to be a SME ( subject matter expert) in order to fill this positions
i.e. experience in Insurance domain, banking,financial .... they ask actual exp as BA

imran7799

Jun 21, 2010
Surat
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
March 2011
LANDED..........
July 15, 2011
pv said:
Thanks PV for you inputs...

sanjay0522

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA - on H1
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
AOR Received.
1st on April 2010, 2nd AOR on 12-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
To Los Angeles from Buffalo on Dec 1st, 2011
Med's Request
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
pv said:
sanjay0522 - just an correction on behalf of WaitingForPR_09 ( for him delhi is not that far :) - ) check his timeline again

BHASKARA777 - Once your file comes In- Process, then getting TRV is also not easy, so if are planning to come to canada before your PR then do it ASAP
PV I meant to say that dilli is too far for me yet. I was calculating time for myself, was refering to his timeline to get an idea how soon I can expect 2nd AOR for me.