+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update on my study visa

deki

Jun 8, 2024
I have applied for my student visa on Feb 27 and done my biometric on march 11 2024 for my July intake. It has been almost 3 month that I have got no update and Morever, my friend is waiting for her visa for almost 5month. Why it is taking more time in processing with a visa application, I am bit worried here

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied for my student visa on Feb 27 and done my biometric on march 11 2024 for my July intake. It has been almost 3 month that I have got no update and Morever, my friend is waiting for her visa for almost 5month. Why it is taking more time in processing with a visa application, I am bit worried here
So you are doing a Masters/PhD or have PAL.

deki

Jun 8, 2024
Thankyou for the response. But why it is taking longer duration for the visa processing

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thankyou for the response. But why it is taking longer duration for the visa processing
Many factors - It depends on where you live now, where you have lived in the past, staffing, number of applications in the queue etc.

Where did you apply from and is it your country of citizenship?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am from Bhutan and applied my visa through online
Has eligibility and background been started/completed? Background checks can take months as IRCC needs to get security/immigration information from your government. Also need to verify authenticity of all documents (eg. Bank statements). Not much you can do. Look at deferring with school within the next two weeks.