+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update on file after 7 months of medical

pathfinder

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
I am May/11 applicant. I got RCMP finger print request on Sept 9/11 followed by Medical request on May 22/11. CIC received my medical results on October 11/11. Ecas updated to medical results received in middle of November. No update on Ecas thereafter. File tranfered from Buffalo to Seattle on March 8/12. Its been more than 7 months ever since I submitted my medicals. As per CIC Seattle or Buffalo website, applicant can contact visa office if there is no information after 3 months of medicals. I contacted Seattle office but got no reply. My work permit has expired and I have changed it to visitor visa which is valid till August 30/12. What are my chances of getting PR? Is it normal to wait these many months after medical results?

woshwienma

Apr 4, 2012
My time line is very similar to yours, and I am pretty much in the same boar too.
I am May, 2011 applicant. I got my medical request August, 2011 and I sent it in the same month. And same as you, I haven't heard anything since getting medical request.
What's worse for me is that E-case doesn't have my file at all, I can't check anything on E-case.
Anyway, I did send email to Buffalo and they have record of my file, my file was transferred to New York Feb, 11, 2012.

Is there anyone else May, 2011 applicant? Please share your experience.

jsa

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rcd on 8th june 2011
AOR Received.
19th august
IELTS Request
along with application
Med's Request
september 1st 2011
Med's Done....
september 9th 2011
hi
same here..!!

so decided to go back and settledown in india..!!

i can live happyly in india as i have some save d money.!!!
if i get pr i might come back ..!

but it is higly unlikely.......!!

good luck to you.!!

in my opinion you can go back to your home country and wait from there..!!
regards

step1

Nov 21, 2011
same same. may11 applicant.

meds received Oct11, no word since.

emailed buffalo, 'file in process!'

still within the average processing period, 14 months… :-X

guess the same agent must be sitting on all our files :p

good luck!

Pioneer

May 26, 2012
I have a similar story.
I have applied in Sept/2011 and my file was transferred to Seattle in Feb/2012. Haven't heard anything from them yet. I wonder why Seattle is super slower than other places. I have sent a request of status note to Seattle last week so hope to get any update from them next week. I will follow up if I hear any.

aba_bab

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Pioneer said:
I have a similar story.
I have applied in Sept/2011 and my file was transferred to Seattle in Feb/2012. Haven't heard anything from them yet. I wonder why Seattle is super slower than other places. I have sent a request of status note to Seattle last week so hope to get any update from them next week. I will follow up if I hear any.
Which city are u currently in if you don't mind me asking?

Pioneer

May 26, 2012
I am in Edmonton, Alberta. I heard they send files to the closest consulate. One of my friends' case was sent to L.A. which is much faster than Seattle.

aba_bab

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Thanks, yea it does unfortunately seem like Seattle office takes a while to issue the PPR. I was just asking because I'm in Ontario, Ottawa, and it doesn't seem like our files are being forwarded to LA or Seattle.

Hope you don't have to wait much longer!

Pioneer

May 26, 2012
Hi,

I finally got my PPR yesterday. Here is my timeline.

Apply for PR - Sept, 2011

Acknowledgement of Receipt - Nov. 23, 2011
(Medical Request included)

Medical Received at Visa Office - Dec, 2011

File transferred to Seattle - Feb, 2012

Passport Request - June 27, 2012