+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update nearly one month after submission of non-SDS study permit application

berndzhang

Jun 27, 2023
I submitted my regular (non-SDS) application online from China on June 1st, 2023, and had my biometrics collected on June 7th. And it is confirmed that my biometrics was completed on June 8th in my GCkey account. And since then I have seen not any update on my application.

My application timeline:
Upfront medical: May 17, 2023
Submission Confirmation - June 2
Biometrics Collection Letter - June 2
Biometrics Completed - June 8

Current status of my application:

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • June 8, 2023 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

And advice is highly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I submitted my regular (non-SDS) application online from China on June 1st, 2023, and had my biometrics collected on June 7th. And it is confirmed that my biometrics was completed on June 8th in my GCkey account. And since then I have seen not any update on my application.

My application timeline:

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I see no issues. Your file is in background check.

berndzhang

Jun 27, 2023
Thank you Naturgrl! But it appears to me that the message under background check has been "We are processing your background check " since the day that I received the submission confirmation letter.

berndzhang

Jun 27, 2023
So it can take several weeks.
Why does this process take so long? I am anxious about that.
Do you know the order IRCC process study permit applications? I mean if they first process background check, then eligibility, and then medical, or otherwise?
Someone in facebook groups tells me that I did medical exam 40 days ago, and my medical status should have been updated. He suggests it is possible my panel physician has not submitted my medical report, is that possible?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Why does this process take so long? I am anxious about that.
Do you know the order IRCC process study permit applications? I mean if they first process background check, then eligibility, and then medical, or otherwise?
Someone in facebook groups tells me that I did medical exam 40 days ago, and my medical status should have been updated. He suggests it is possible my panel physician has not submitted my medical report, is that possible?
You need to ask your panel physician. Background check can be longer depending where you are from as databases must be checked and analyzed.

berndzhang

Jun 27, 2023
You need to ask your panel physician. Background check can be longer depending where you are from as databases must be checked and analyzed.
I called my panel physician and she confirmed that the hospital did submit my medical report to Canadian embassy in China. Is it appropriate for me to write an IRCC inquiry webform?

aayushibagga

Jul 3, 2023

My application timeline:

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision

Hi, did you get any update on your visa?