+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No response for visitor visa since 4 months

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No this was not informed to IRCC. She had got her visa before our marriage.
So she never informed IRCC that she was married and then you applied for SOWP. That is misrepresentation. She needed to change her status to married and could have easily done so when she entered Canada. You are going to have issues getting approved SOWP because she is still single on her file.

ranjannik

Aug 20, 2024
So she never informed IRCC that she was married and then you applied for SOWP. That is misrepresentation. She needed to change her status to married and could have easily done so when she entered Canada. You are going to have issues getting approved SOWP because she is still single on her file.
Is there any other way this can be done now?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is there any other way this can be done now?
Well first she needs to update her IRCC files and change her status to married. Then try and reapply and explain why she misrepresented herself for so long. You were married almost a year ago so she has had a long time to update her files. Did she file her Canadian taxes as single too since she was married in 2023.

Veer142

Aug 2, 2024
Well first she needs to update her IRCC files and change her status to married. Then try and reapply and explain why she misrepresented herself for so long. You were married almost a year ago so she has had a long time to update her files. Did she file her Canadian taxes as single too since she was married in 2023.
May I know what is official way to update IRCC about marital status?

ranjannik

Aug 20, 2024
She started working in Canada in Feb 2024 so haven't filed any Canadian taxes yet. We were not aware of the need to update IRCC regarding the marriage. That's the only reason we didn't inform. Can you please help me with the official procedure for updating my spouse's marital status in IRCC?

Bhavsoo

May 18, 2023
I have applied visitor visa form India.

I got married in January 2024 and applied form SOWP in March 2024. The visitor visa I have applied in April 2024.

Yes my marriage certificate was in English and had all the government stamps. I married in India itself.
Do you have your spouse name on your passport

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She started working in Canada in Feb 2024 so haven't filed any Canadian taxes yet. We were not aware of the need to update IRCC regarding the marriage. That's the only reason we didn't inform. Can you please help me with the official procedure for updating my spouse's marital status in IRCC?
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052&top=3

No sense in reapplying until spouse had informed IRCC as she is single on her file but actually married.

Reactions: canuck78