+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No response for visitor visa since 4 months

ranjannik

Aug 20, 2024
Hi folks,

My wife has a closed work permit for Canada. I had applied for a visitor visa earlier which got rejected due to the reason I missed showing funds in my account. Later on I applied for a spouse open work permit. Meanwhile since the SOWP was taking long to process (21 weeks), after a month of applying for the SOWP I had also applied for the Visitor Visa again and attached all proofs along with sufficient funds.

In two and a half months time I got a refusal on the SOWP saying "You do not qualify under the IMP as you have not provided sufficient information that you are legally married to your inviter in Canada". I had submitted my marriage certificates, ceremony pictures, Whatsapp chats still I got this refusal. What else could I have submitted? Also, now it has been four months and I haven't received any communication regarding my visitor visa application that I had applied. What should I do now? Is there a max limit to the time they take to process a visitor visa application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Depends where you apply but visitor visa processing takes months for most people. Some processing centres is over a year.

When did you get married? Were documents translated and notarized and the legal documents for your country? What country did you marry in person?

ranjannik

Aug 20, 2024
I have applied visitor visa form India.

I got married in January 2024 and applied form SOWP in March 2024. The visitor visa I have applied in April 2024.

Yes my marriage certificate was in English and had all the government stamps. I married in India itself.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I got married in January 2024 and applied form SOWP in March 2024. The visitor visa I have applied in April 2024.

Yes my marriage certificate was in English and had all the government stamps. I married in India itself.
You should prove that you are in a relationship especially if this is an arranged marriage with minimal in person time together. You are not a visitor so TRV should be denied although always up to IRCC

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

So how long were you together before and after marriage? If it was arranged and you married and then spouse came to Canada almost immediately then there is concern that your marriage is genuine.

ranjannik

Aug 20, 2024
You should prove that you are in a relationship especially if this is an arranged marriage with minimal in person time together. You are not a visitor so TRV should be denied although always up to IRCC
So should I cancel my visitor visa application and apply a fresh SOWP with the updated documents?

ranjannik

Aug 20, 2024
So how long were you together before and after marriage? If it was arranged and you married and then spouse came to Canada almost immediately then there is concern that your marriage is genuine.
We have known each other since 2011. We were in a relationship since then. We had done our court marriage in October 2023. In January 2024 we had a public marriage ceremony with all Hindu rituals. After public marriage we were together for around 10 days. Then she left for canada in February 2024.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So should I cancel my visitor visa application and apply a fresh SOWP with the updated documents?
No need to cancel it but I wouldn’t be counting on it being approved. Yes you should resubmit an SOWP as soon as possible with more proof of a relationship not just that you got married. Marriage documents also should be included. When does your spouse’s WP expire? That also could be an issue.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We have known each other since 2011. We were in a relationship since then. We had done our court marriage in October 2023. In January 2024 we had a public marriage ceremony with all Hindu rituals. After public marriage we were together for around 10 days. Then she left for canada in February 2024.
When did your spouse come to Canada? Was she in India for many months for her marriage? Do you have proof of dating since 2011? Did you apply for SOWP with court marriage or with proof of traditional marriage ceremony? Both?

ranjannik

Aug 20, 2024
No need to cancel it but I wouldn’t be counting on it being approved. Yes you should resubmit an SOWP as soon as possible with more proof of a relationship not just that you got married. Marriage documents also should be included. When does your spouse’s WP expire? That also could be an issue.
Below is the list of documents I had provided earlier :
1. Marriage certificate by India government
2. Marriage pictures with all rituals
3. Casual pictures pre and post marriage
4. Whatsapp chat history for 6 months

Can you please help me what else should I provide?

My spouse’s WP has a validity of three years.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Below is the list of documents I had provided earlier :
1. Marriage certificate by India government
2. Marriage pictures with all rituals
3. Casual pictures pre and post marriage
4. Whatsapp chat history for 6 months

Can you please help me what else should I provide?

My spouse’s WP has a validity of three years.
And she is working and provided paystubs and job letter?

ranjannik

Aug 20, 2024
When did your spouse come to Canada? Was she in India for many months for her marriage? Do you have proof of dating since 2011? Did you apply for SOWP with court marriage or with proof of traditional marriage ceremony? Both?
She came to canada in February 2024.

Yes before that she was in India itself for her marriage.

Yes I have lots of pictures of us since 2011. We were in same college, then while job we used to meet each other and have travelled a lot of places. Yes but for proof is the pictures sufficed or anything else I need to show?

I had applied with both the proofs, court marriage as well as traditional marriage.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She came to canada in February 2024.

Yes before that she was in India itself for her marriage.

Yes I have lots of pictures of us since 2011. We were in same college, then while job we used to meet each other and have travelled a lot of places. Yes but for proof is the pictures sufficed or anything else I need to show?

I had applied with both the proofs, court marriage as well as traditional marriage.
Did she inform IRCC that she was married on her WP before landing in Canada?