+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NO response for over 6 weeks - not even an email- what to do ?

AbbyCanada

Jan 17, 2011
Hello,

The CIO have had our "application for skilled Worker Immigration" for over 6 weeks now. However, We have not received any repsonce: nothing in the mail and not a single email. In addition, our credit card has not been charged yet.

Do you recommend to wait a bit longer? Or should we contact them to inquire about the situation?

The only thing that worries me is that we have read stories about people, either not receiving the emails sent out by the CIO, hence they end up missing the deadlines or mail being lost ...etc...

Any recommendations ? Should we wait a bit longer?
If you recomend to contact them, which email address should we use to send our inquiry to ?

Thank you in advance for any response...

Abby

annjay_626

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent: Apr. 30, 2011 Received by CIO: May 4, 2011
AOR Received.
July 19, 2011 (received by regular mail)
Med's Request
July 29, 2011
Med's Done....
Aug. 10 & 11, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Sept. 29, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Visa received Oct. 18, 2011
LANDED..........
Hopefully Feb 2012 or Mar 2012
Try joining the thread Applications after 26/6 co'z it is has lots of advice & a tracker you can find on the latest trends going on. Me too still waiting for the response from the CIO. You are not alone in your case as there are even people who has longer waiting period than you. Cheers!

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Wait until your credit card has been charged before you start worrying.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
I tend to agree with annjay_626 however no harm to email them. It might take up to 12 weeks to get the letter. Mine took 12 weeks. However you need to email them to check the reason of delay or if cap is reached.

Cheers

Canadian_girl

Jan 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIO has stated that they are working on applications received around October 18th. Its over a 3 month delay right now, so its not unusual that you have not received a response in 6 weeks.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Wow, CIO were working on 13 Sept applications on 7 January....they are moving quickly if they are already up to 18 October in less than 10 working days!
AbbyCanada: if you have confirmation of courier delivery that should give you some confidence things are OK. Getting CC charged would be even better, right? Hang on until after the approximate time CIO would be opening up the applications received the same time as yours and keep checking your CC statements. Have you alerted you credit card provider to the fact you are expecting a charge from Canada? Did you provide the CVV number from the back of your card on your application? Good Luck.

AbbyCanada

Jan 17, 2011
Hello All,

Thanks for your positive responses ! I guess we need to wait a bit longer :) ...

Well in our case, we received a confirmation that our mail was received. Regarding the credit card details, we should be informed once it is charged ,however we did not provide the CVV number for the following reasons:

They did not ask for it - no space for it in the sheet
I read that many people's credit cards got charged without the CVV number
CVV is usually used for over internet right? What i understood is that they have a special approval to deduct charges from CCs and they do not charge it over the internet ... I hope i am right !

Thank you once again for your support !

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Apparently, the forms were updated recently to include CVV number, but I do not know the date this happened. People were having problems with their banks refusing payment requests and that is the reason CVV was added to the application forms. As you have not provided the number, if you haven't already, I strongly urge you to inform your credit card company/bank that you want this charge honoured. You can back it up in writing if you think that is necessary. I don't want to alarm you, but most people report having their fees taken within a few weeks of their applications being received so this might bring you that little extra bit of luck.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Dont worry, if your courier company's tracking shows that your package has been delivered then keep waiting, CIO is getting lots of packages these days.