+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NO PR CARD AFTER 3 MONTHS OF LANDING

kingyombo

Sep 7, 2012
Thank you again guys.

I landed almost 4 months ago. No PR card yet.

I have called that number for PR card issues endlessly. Its either they keep me on hold or they don't pick up. There is no email address to send mail to. and there is no information on the status of my PR Card on my profile on the CIC website.

What else can I do. I need my PR card to travel and I don't want to get a travel document.

I also discover the address they have on my profile on the CIC website is different from the one I supplied on the day I became a landed immigrant.

I keep wondering if my PR card has been sent to a wrong address and there is no how I can confirm.

Some one please help and tell me what else I can do.

Thanks always good people.

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
keep on calling them, maybe it went to the wrong address

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may consider do your traveling via the US. If you return to Canada in a private vehicle, such as your own car, you do not need a permanent resident card / travel document. You can use your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) instead.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

Since you have plenty of time to meet your residency obligations, border officers are likely allow you to come back to Canada.

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
Hello everyone,

We have landed last end of March but until now, our PR card has not arrive yet. It's 2 months now and already passed the 50 days mark of receiving PR card. I checked every now and then in ECAS and our address has not been change to Canada's address that we have given upon landing.

Is it normal to have your address outside Canada still sitting in ECAS. My point is if our address is not updated yet, does it mean to say our PR card still in process?

Anyone who can share here is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
SanRoque said:
Hello everyone,

We have landed last end of March but until now, our PR card has not arrive yet. It's 2 months now and already passed the 50 days mark of receiving PR card. I checked every now and then in ECAS and our address has not been change to Canada's address that we have given upon landing.
But it's no longer 50-day processing times these days. It's 63 days as of May 29, which probably means that, as of yesterday, they're probably finishing up processing applications up to March 25ish. You should be receiving your card really soon, maybe within a week or two :) Call CIC tomorrow to check whether they have mailed it (they usually have this information).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
Thanks asbereth. You're a lucky charm buddy. :)

Got a message frommy friend who is in Canada and it arrived already. We're out of Canada at the moment.

Thanks God. The next move will be when to finally settle down.

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
asbereth said:
But it's no longer 50-day processing times these days. It's 63 days as of May 29, which probably means that, as of yesterday, they're probably finishing up processing applications up to March 25ish. You should be receiving your card really soon, maybe within a week or two :) Call CIC tomorrow to check whether they have mailed it (they usually have this information).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp
Thanks, Asbereth! The CSBA agent at the border indicated it might be more than 4 MONTHS before I receive my PR card! 63 days is a much more manageable number! ;)

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
kingyombo said:
Thank you again guys.

I landed almost 4 months ago. No PR card yet.

I have called that number for PR card issues endlessly. Its either they keep me on hold or they don't pick up. There is no email address to send mail to. and there is no information on the status of my PR Card on my profile on the CIC website.

What else can I do. I need my PR card to travel and I don't want to get a travel document.

I also discover the address they have on my profile on the CIC website is different from the one I supplied on the day I became a landed immigrant.

I keep wondering if my PR card has been sent to a wrong address and there is no how I can confirm.

Some one please help and tell me what else I can do.

Thanks always good people.

you can contact CIC at the following email address: question @ cic.gc.ca

read the link below & send them an email and explain what has happened to you, you can also ask for an in-person appointment

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

Good luck

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
hi all,

as for me I cant complain so far as we just landed 2 weeks ago, but my question how can you arrange for your PR card to be sent to outside of Canada to u?....i asked a relative who works for UPS and he said its .illegal since u have to declare the items to be dispatch so he was reluctant to send it over once its done.....so how u guys manage to sent it away

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Yorker13 said:
hi all,

as for me I cant complain so far as we just landed 2 weeks ago, but my question how can you arrange for your PR card to be sent to outside of Canada to u?....i asked a relative who works for UPS and he said its .illegal since u have to declare the items to be dispatch so he was reluctant to send it over once its done.....so how u guys manage to sent it away
From the Government or from a family member? Government, no. They refuse to pay the shipping to another country. Family, it's fine.

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
Hello,

Any experience who can share about their second entry to Canada after their first landing to finally settle there?

What are the process/procedures and questions ask by the immigration officer?

Do we need to carry the the required funds upon second entry?

Many thanks.

Cheers.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
SanRoque said:
Hello,

Any experience who can share about their second entry to Canada after their first landing to finally settle there?

What are the process/procedures and questions ask by the immigration officer?

Do we need to carry the the required funds upon second entry?

Many thanks.

Cheers.
you have to show your pr card and thats it....there are no procedures "from immigration point of view" and you will not be asked any questions. But ofcourse you'll be required to follow the customs procedures if you have items to declare.

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
That's cool emamabd. Im thinking some other things immigration officer will ask.

I can relax my mind now. ;) ;) ;)

Cheers.