+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Picture taken at the time of first landing and items to be declared

Nov 18, 2012
I have two questions:

i) I landed in mid May for my first visit after getting the immigration. At the airport they completed all the formalities as first time immigrant but they did not take any pictures for PR cards. Is it normal or there has been some mistake?

ii) At customs, they wanted us to declare the things which we are carrying now and which will be followed later. I only had cash with me which i informed them (which was also mentioned on the form which we filled in the plane).

But as i didn't have the complete details with me about the things to be brought later, the lady gave me a form and asked me to fill in and give to them on my second visit with complete details. And then they will punch in the system. Is it fine?

Regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hammad_mahmood said:
I have two questions:

i) I landed in mid May for my first visit after getting the immigration. At the airport they completed all the formalities as first time immigrant but they did not take any pictures for PR cards. Is it normal or there has been some mistake?

ii) At customs, they wanted us to declare the things which we are carrying now and which will be followed later. I only had cash with me which i informed them (which was also mentioned on the form which we filled in the plane).

But as i didn't have the complete details with me about the things to be brought later, the lady gave me a form and asked me to fill in and give to them on my second visit with complete details. And then they will punch in the system. Is it fine?

Regards
1. There should have been photos on the COPR copy that you gave to the officer. If not, you have a problem.
2. Yes, that is fine.

Nov 18, 2012
Thanks for the info.

1. Yes i had the photos on COPR. It means it is safe now.

2. From where i can get the information regarding the various items to be imported such as household items, jewelery etc. And any specific requirement for such list?

Nov 18, 2012
The two forms given to me by the lady was "Personal Effects Accounting Document". One was for the goods being carried now and one was for the goods to be followed later.