+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No one's responding... pls help...

hoh818

Nov 17, 2009
Hi. I'm a greencard holder here in the US (citizen of the Phils) and I would like to go to Canada to pursue my master's. Granted that I get accepted by a bonafide university there, can I bring my wife with me even though she is out-of-status here in the US?
I would really appreciate any of your insight on my situation. Thank you in advance.

Sad me

** sorry for the repost, it's just that no one seems to be responding or no one's interested... hellllpppppppppppp...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
hoh818 said:
Hi. I'm a greencard holder here in the US (citizen of the Phils) and I would like to go to Canada to pursue my master's. Granted that I get accepted by a bonafide university there, can I bring my wife with me even though she is out-of-status here in the US?
I would really appreciate any of your insight on my situation. Thank you in advance.

Sad me

** sorry for the repost, it's just that no one seems to be responding or no one's interested... hellllpppppppppppp...
Students approved for a student permit can bring their spouses to Canada but based on guidelines in Canadian visa offices in the US applicants must have a valid status before they can apply for a TRV. Your wife won't be the main applicant but she is still part of your application. I would defer to our seasoned members - Leon, PMM, BCGuy, Rupesshari, etc.

hoh818

Nov 17, 2009
thanks for your response job_seeker.

any other take on this... pls... Leon, PMM, BCGuy, Rupesshari, ...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
hoh818 said:
thanks for your response job_seeker.

any other take on this... pls... Leon, PMM, BCGuy, Rupesshari, ...
PMM just responded in another thread. Yes he said citing OP1. here goes:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/us-greencardholder-and-outofstatus-wife-t29196.0.html

Hope your not so sad anymore:)