+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No more CEC program to apply for PR

kuswara

Nov 3, 2014
Hi Friends,
I don't see any CEC option to apply for Immigration.
I have checked on CIC website: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp
It seems the FSWP and CEC have been merged into single Express Entry program
Does it mean that CEC does not have its own route now, and all candidate will have to come through the same pool of Express Entry ?
Please suggest !

kuswara

Nov 3, 2014
I have completed 10 months under Canadian Experience, as I am here on Closed Work Permit which is valid till September 2015. I will be travelling back to India on 1st February, i.e. next month, as my assignment will be over by the end of this month only. I am not able to decide :
1. Whether should I wait to complete my one year of Canadian Experience & then apply for PR in future.
2. Or, should I apply right now ?
because, after all I have to apply under Express Entry only as there is no more CEC now.
FYI - I have total 12 years of experience in IT.
Can some one please guide me with your knowledge and experience. I don't want to regret in future by losing any golden opportunity about it.
Please suggest.

tortau

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
CEC still exists. However, starting from Jan 2015, you now require an "invitation" from CIC to apply to CEC. And the only way to obtain an invitation is via Express Entry.

kuswara

Nov 3, 2014
Ok, so I think, I should create my profile now without waiting further for completing 12 months, because if I complete my 12 months under CEC in future, I can update in my profile any time in pool

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
To be accepted into the pool of applicants, you must be eligible for one of the economic programs. So if you're not yet eligible for CEC (or other programs), you won't be accepted. But there's no harm getting the application started...