+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No automatic Extension for Passport Submission

alpha444

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hello guys!!

From 12th april onwards, IRCC has changed the "automatic deadline extension" rule.

its saying that the IRCC wont request passports if the local VACs are closed.

Anyone getting affected by other issues, will need to manually raise the issue with the IRCC and get another 30 days extension for submissions (including passports).

IRCC is asking to raise an webform and get the extension for these issues.

Does it mean that Indian applicants(who r affected due to closed VAC) need not worry about passport submissions now as 30 days deadline is not valid for them?

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021
Hello guys!!

From 12th april onwards, IRCC has changed the "automatic deadline extension" rule.

Now, anyone getting affected by covid related lockdowns, will need to manually raise the issue with the IRCC and get another 30 days extension for submissions (including passports).

IRCC is asking to raise an webform and get the extension.

Guys help me on how to apply for this extension.

Hi, even I’m in the same situation. But I’ve not yet raised the webform. The links for webform is not working. What shall we do now? :/

alpha444

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hi, even I’m in the same situation. But I’ve not yet raised the webform. The links for webform is not working. What shall we do now? :/
Link is not working for anyone since many days as they have suspended the 2 way courier service.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021
al
Hello guys!!

its saying that the IRCC wont request passports if the local VACs are closed.

Anyone getting affected by other issues, will need to manually raise the issue with the IRCC and get another 30 days extension for submissions (including passports).

IRCC is asking to raise an webform and get the extension for these issues.

Does it mean that Indian applicants(who r affected due to closed VAC) need not worry about passport submissions now as 30 days deadline is not valid for them?

Also, not able to see 2/3 and 3/3 tweets by ircc

KC2021

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
I am also in same boat. I got passport submission request on 24th April and link is not working from many days. Not sure what to do

Oct 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

Has anyone been affected by the above change by IRCC? My 90 day period for biometric has expired by the time I knew about this change in the process. I have raised a request for an extension after 90 days. Will this be a problem?