+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No AOR for 19months, What can I do

JakeC021

Nov 14, 2022
I submitted my application for PR last April, and still waiting for the AOR. I called IRCC, they gave me the temporary file number and said to me there is nothing I need to do now but waiting. and they have no resources to process due to the COVID19. However, in fact, some of people I know have received theirs even they submitted later than me, some of them even have got the approval already. Why I have not just received my AOR? What can I do? I am depressed.

Emyminardi

May 27, 2021
I send my application paper base in November 2021...since then nothing...long silent year.....every day checking my spam and my e mail constantly...i know your pain....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So sorry to hear about this my friends. The first step I would take is to contact your MP. Have you tried that?
An MP can’t do anything. They have no Influence when it comes to processing PNP applications. If your application processing times are much longer than anyone else they can enquire about what’s holding up your application but your processing time seems in line with others.

EmanSkyeSeth

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
An MP can’t do anything. They have no Influence when it comes to processing PNP applications. If your application processing times are much longer than anyone else they can enquire about what’s holding up your application but your processing time seems in line with others.
In our case MP’s intervention helps a lot. Our file has not been moving for the past 24 months. When MP contacted IRCC, the same day they have issued us the ADR.
I discovered this when we received our gcms notes last Nov. 03. Apparently, our vo (Etobicoke) was supposed to send us ADR on August 2022, but we never received it. This was being pointed out by our MP on communication with VO last Oct 2022 which as I have mentioned, ircc sent us the ADR immediately afterwards.
So i guess MP helps a lot as they can view the process and can point out if VO accidentally forgot something that needs to be done or requested..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In our case MP’s intervention helps a lot. Our file has not been moving for the past 24 months. When MP contacted IRCC, the same day they have issued us the ADR.
I discovered this when we received our gcms notes last Nov. 03. Apparently, our vo (Etobicoke) was supposed to send us ADR on August 2022, but we never received it. This was being pointed out by our MP on communication with VO last Oct 2022 which as I have mentioned, ircc sent us the ADR immediately afterwards.
So i guess MP helps a lot as they can view the process and can point out if VO accidentally forgot something that needs to be done or requested..
That isn’t MP intervention. They don’t know the details of immigration programs their office just called and asked for a status report. You could have called IRCC yourself or ordered GCMS notes and received the same information.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I dispute that. If an MP couldn't do anything, many of them wouldn't be providing dedicated webforms to help constituents with immigration matters. You can see several instances and signatures of people in this forum who have pointed out that their MP helped them move their application along.

Reactions: EmanSkyeSeth

EmanSkyeSeth

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
That isn’t MP intervention. They don’t know the details of immigration programs their office just called and asked for a status report. You could have called IRCC yourself or ordered GCMS notes and received the same information.
So, when we try to call ircc, they can just tell you if you passed certain factors like eligibility or criminality.. it’s all limited information. How will I know that VO supposed to send us an ADR but forgot? As I mentioned, MP pointed that out that “Request letter in OC is not started as of August 14, 2022” which means that MP can see what’s happening in your file.. and about gcms notes.. you do know that it takes long time to get an answer for notes, for me, it took 4 months before I received an answer.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Even still, you've saved hours and days through this route rather than by calling an IRCC phone agent who probably hates their job and life (I know I would if I had that job) and provides bullshit non-answers.

Reactions: EmanSkyeSeth

JakeC021

Nov 14, 2022
hi guys,

Thank all of you for caring my case. I have the FN now. I emailed the local MP for help and they responded quickly and sent a request to the IRCC for inquiring the status of my application and the reason of delay. Though the IRCC gave the MP nothing interesting, I have got the FN.