+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No acknowledgement of receipt Spousal Sponsorship

Gabyfortney

Jun 1, 2019
On February 19 CPC Sydney received my spousal sponsorship application. As of today I haven’t received a confirmation of receipt or a file number. I have spoken to several Call Agents and have submitted a Case Specific Inquiry Form but the officers only say that they haven’t started to process the application. Is it normal to have to wait so long for an official confirmation of receipt? Thank you very much!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You're on the long side of an AOR, admittedly. When you talk to the call centre, do they tell you they have no record of your application, or just that it hasn't started processing yet?

If they've not received it, they would say they have no record of it, I believe.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Then it just seems you're on the long end of a formal AOR. We've seen it normally takes around two months to get AOR, but for some reason yours is taking longer. At least they haven't returned it.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Same here. I have not been waiting as lo g as you but still a long time. Received March 28. @k.h.p. any idea why they skip over first come first serve and jump months??. I call and they say its still in the prospective stage. I also have a temp number with an x. I feel so hopeless

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I have no idea why they do the things they do, sorry. I only try to piece together what they do from the limited facts that we all have :oops:

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
It wouldn't have received a temporary number and would be in your hands by now.
I thought they give temp numbers to all applications when initial input in the system and take off the x when they have processed, but what do I know.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
I have no idea why they do the things they do, sorry. I only try to piece together what they do from the limited facts that we all have :oops:
I know. I too try to make sense of things but sometimes i’m dumb founded. Thanks anyways

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I thought they give temp numbers to all applications when initial input in the system and take off the x when they have processed, but what do I know.
Oh, that's certainly possible, but my understanding had been that they do a completeness check when they assign the X number - a quick check to make sure all the papers are there and properly signed - and return ones that fail at that early stage. But I'm probably lost and clueless too!

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Oh, that's certainly possible, but my understanding had been that they do a completeness check when they assign the X number - a quick check to make sure all the papers are there and properly signed - and return ones that fail at that early stage. But I'm probably lost and clueless too!
Well that makes me feel better