+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

rahoan

May 4, 2013
Hello,

Please i need the help of fellow applicants in this forum. I applied for 2013 fswp and i need to update some of my details with Accra Vo. first is my education credential, I recently completed another degree and i am not sure if i need to get a credential assessment from wes for this or do i need to inform Accra VO via CSE (case specific enquiry) alone or is there more to this. Also i have done some freelance jobs since i submitted my application last July, will i require a letter from the clients or will CSE be adequate? what information should be contained in the letters? there is little guideline in IMM5612E regarding this.

Many thanks for your help and opinions.

Abeke

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2013
AOR Received.
PER - Aug 26 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Sep 9th 2014
Med's Done....
Sep 23rd -medicals received
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 8th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 22nd 2014
coolK said:
@ Abeke I once called one of the Certified contact on CIC site based in abuja and she said it's 30k eack. And for the increase in family number it is well cos I am looking forward to adding one.

Thanks coolK for this info. The price is fair enough

Liss

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Dear Seniors,

Please how should the reference letters for work experience be addressed? Can it be addressed 'To whom it may concern' provided its on the company letterhead and it contains all the necessary details?

If not, please can someone spell out the actual address?

Thanks
Liss

Hopefulval

Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Result & PCC sent
Nomination.....
PER 01/15/2014
Hello my people,

I didn't say we have to wait 2 years and 7 months oh! I said we can only complain if our waiting time surpasses that. As far as AVO is concerned, we are still in within the given timeline. And of course many if not all of us should have heard from them by then. Please make una no vex. I mean well for us oh!

Sorry Abeke, I just saw your enquiry on the cost for medicals. I am glad you have received an answer because I did not even know myself.

God bless you all

@Pataki, where are you?

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
rahoan said:
Hello,

Please i need the help of fellow applicants in this forum. I applied for 2013 fswp and i need to update some of my details with Accra Vo. first is my education credential, I recently completed another degree and i am not sure if i need to get a credential assessment from wes for this or do i need to inform Accra VO via CSE (case specific enquiry) alone or is there more to this. Also i have done some freelance jobs since i submitted my application last July, will i require a letter from the clients or will CSE be adequate? what information should be contained in the letters? there is little guideline in IMM5612E regarding this.

Many thanks for your help and opinions.
If you have another degree at a level you have already evaluated, I would not bother if I were you since it won't give you any additional point. Also, I will not bother about the evaluation or informing AVO if my current total points is comfortably higher than 67. That is not to say you can not evaluate your new degree for your use in Canada.

I don't know much about the job o. wait for the pros.

oreke

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
File Transfer...
03-12-2013
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
march 2015
@liss

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Centralized Intake Office (CIO)
P.O.Box 7500
Sydney, NS
B1P OA9
Canada

Dear Sir/Madam,

INTRODUCTION/REFERENCE

This is to confirm that ****** is a member of Staff of ********** from ***** to date.

Abeke

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2013
AOR Received.
PER - Aug 26 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Sep 9th 2014
Med's Done....
Sep 23rd -medicals received
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 8th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 22nd 2014
Hopefulval said:
Hello my people,

I didn't say we have to wait 2 years and 7 months oh! I said we can only complain if our waiting time surpasses that. As far as AVO is concerned, we are still in within the given timeline. And of course many if not all of us should have heard from them by then. Please make una no vex. I mean well for us oh!

Sorry Abeke, I just saw your enquiry on the cost for medicals. I am glad you have received an answer because I did not even know myself.

God bless you all

@ Pataki, where are you?

That's okay Hopefulval.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Hello people. Please does anybody know if this FSW 2014 will run for 1 full year or it it will end on January 1, 2015 when the Express Entry launches. A friend asked me but I was confused and couldn't give an answer.

I really hope Accra wakes up from their deep slumber because this wait is killing. I already have plans for Calgary in early June 2015 and hope to be going there as a Resident. Accra needs to act fast.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nanonye said:
Hello people. Please does anybody know if this FSW 2014 will run for 1 full year or it it will end on January 1, 2015 when the Express Entry launches. A friend asked me but I was confused and couldn't give an answer.

I really hope Accra wakes up from their deep slumber because this wait is killing. I already have plans for Calgary in early June 2014 and hope to be going there as a Resident. Accra needs to act fast.

It will end before the express edition begins.It will end by 31st December,2014

Oyifien

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
Nomination.....
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
GENTLEANDREW said:
It will end before the express edition begins.It will end by 31st December,2014

The Government of Canada has begun to release information on the number of applications that have been accepted for review under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program. To view these numbers, which are updated regularly, please click here.
“After what was undoubtedly a huge initial rush of submissions, it appears that the staff at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia is now beginning the work of processing all eligible applications,” said Attorney David Cohen. “Though the numbers we are seeing today appear low, it is likely that many more applications have been sent in and are waiting to be formally accepted for review.”
At the time of publication, a total of 157 applications have been accepted for review. The FSW program has instituted an overall intake cap of 25,000 applications, and has restricted eligibility to individuals with experience in one of 50 eligible occupations. No more than 1,000 applications will be accepted for any one eligible occupation.
Already, certain occupations are emerging as clear favorites amongst applicants. Thus far, Financial and Investment Analysts (NOC 1112) has received the most submissions, with 43 to date. However, it is followed closely by Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (NOC 2174) as well as Software Engineers and Designers (NOC 2173).
With such preliminary statistics, it is unclear whether these occupations will be the first to meet the 1,000 application limit. However, past FSW application cycles have historically seen Information Technology and Financial occupations amongst the most popular for prospective immigrants. During last year’s cycle, they were among the first occupations to see their caps reached.
Last Chance to Apply
Beginning in January 2015, Canada will be transitioning to a new immigration intake system. The system, called Express Entry, will greatly change the way skilled workers will apply for Canadian immigration.
After the Express Entry system is implemented, individuals will no longer be able to apply directly to the FSW program. Instead, a prospective applicant will submit his or her intent to apply for immigration to an applicant pool. The Federal government, the provinces/territories and employers will all be able to select candidates from the larger pool and invite them to submit an immigration application.
Applying Today
The FSW program will be accepting applications until January 1, 2015, or until the overall cap of 25,000 is reached. However, many individuals will see their chance to apply slip away much sooner if their occupation is among the first to reach its intake limit.
Attorney David Cohen believes that, while all occupations appear to currently be open, some popular fields will fill up very quickly.
“There is no way of knowing exactly how many applications are waiting to be accepted for review at this time,” said Attorney Cohen. “However, what we do know is that the window to submit an application to the FSW program is still open. Anybody who is interested in applying should act immediately before that window is shut.”
As mentioned in the last edition of CIC News, some applicants may be able to submit multiple applications to the program, thus increasing their chances of being accepted for review.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oyifien said:
The Government of Canada has begun to release information on the number of applications that have been accepted for review under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program. To view these numbers, which are updated regularly, please click here.
“After what was undoubtedly a huge initial rush of submissions, it appears that the staff at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia is now beginning the work of processing all eligible applications,” said Attorney David Cohen. “Though the numbers we are seeing today appear low, it is likely that many more applications have been sent in and are waiting to be formally accepted for review.”
At the time of publication, a total of 157 applications have been accepted for review. The FSW program has instituted an overall intake cap of 25,000 applications, and has restricted eligibility to individuals with experience in one of 50 eligible occupations. No more than 1,000 applications will be accepted for any one eligible occupation.
Already, certain occupations are emerging as clear favorites amongst applicants. Thus far, Financial and Investment Analysts (NOC 1112) has received the most submissions, with 43 to date. However, it is followed closely by Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (NOC 2174) as well as Software Engineers and Designers (NOC 2173).
With such preliminary statistics, it is unclear whether these occupations will be the first to meet the 1,000 application limit. However, past FSW application cycles have historically seen Information Technology and Financial occupations amongst the most popular for prospective immigrants. During last year's cycle, they were among the first occupations to see their caps reached.
Last Chance to Apply
Beginning in January 2015, Canada will be transitioning to a new immigration intake system. The system, called Express Entry, will greatly change the way skilled workers will apply for Canadian immigration.
After the Express Entry system is implemented, individuals will no longer be able to apply directly to the FSW program. Instead, a prospective applicant will submit his or her intent to apply for immigration to an applicant pool. The Federal government, the provinces/territories and employers will all be able to select candidates from the larger pool and invite them to submit an immigration application.
Applying Today
The FSW program will be accepting applications until January 1, 2015, or until the overall cap of 25,000 is reached. However, many individuals will see their chance to apply slip away much sooner if their occupation is among the first to reach its intake limit.
Attorney David Cohen believes that, while all occupations appear to currently be open, some popular fields will fill up very quickly.
“There is no way of knowing exactly how many applications are waiting to be accepted for review at this time,” said Attorney Cohen. “However, what we do know is that the window to submit an application to the FSW program is still open. Anybody who is interested in applying should act immediately before that window is shut.”
As mentioned in the last edition of CIC News, some applicants may be able to submit multiple applications to the program, thus increasing their chances of being accepted for review.

OK!Till first of January,2015

phunrae

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
But you no lie na, who dey vex? We all pray we dnt have to wait that long but it we have to wait that long it is still within the processing time for AVO. But God still does miracles, that I believe

Hopefulval said:
Hello my people,

God bless you all

@ Pataki, where are you?

GisG

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Doc's Request.
15-07-2014
Med's Request
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014 3rd Line update..:14-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
(Fourth line) 05-10-2014
LANDED..........
14-01-2015
nanonye said:

I really hope Accra wakes up from their deep slumber because this wait is killing. I already have plans for Calgary in early June 2015 and hope to be going there as a Resident. Accra needs to act fast.
Nanonye, Gentleman Andrew and Oyifien this FSWP 2014 continues till April 30th 2015. This was stated by CIC in so many publications and backgrounders even the 2014 MI:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2014/ob572.asp

Summary

Effective May 1, 2014, a maximum of 25,500 new Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications without an offer of arranged employment (including 500 applications in the PhD student/graduate stream), 5,000 new Federal Skilled Trades (FST) applications, and 8,000 new Canadian Experience Class (CEC) applications will be considered for processing for the period of May 1, 2014, until April 30, 2015, unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction. Applications must be completeFootnote 1 and included within the caps set for each program to be considered for processing.

Limit on the number of FSW applications to be processed

A maximum of 25,000 new, complete FSW applications will be considered for processing under the occupation list stream for the period of May 1, 2014, until April 30, 2015, unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction. There is no limit on the number of new applications with offers of arranged employment that will be considered for processing.

Within the overall cap of 25,000 applications, a maximum of 1,000 complete FSW applications for each eligible occupation in Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B as per the 2011 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) will be considered for processing. Refer to the list of eligible FSW occupations in the Ministerial Instructions.

In addition, a maximum of 500 applications will be considered for processing under a PhD student/graduate stream for this same period.

Thank you.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GisG said:
Nanonye, Gentleman Andrew and Oyifien this FSWP 2014 continues till April 30th 2015. This was stated by CIC in so many publications and backgrounders even the 2014 MI:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2014/ob572.asp

Summary

Effective May 1, 2014, a maximum of 25,500 new Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications without an offer of arranged employment (including 500 applications in the PhD student/graduate stream), 5,000 new Federal Skilled Trades (FST) applications, and 8,000 new Canadian Experience Class (CEC) applications will be considered for processing for the period of May 1, 2014, until April 30, 2015, unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction. Applications must be completeFootnote 1 and included within the caps set for each program to be considered for processing.

Limit on the number of FSW applications to be processed

A maximum of 25,000 new, complete FSW applications will be considered for processing under the occupation list stream for the period of May 1, 2014, until April 30, 2015, unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction. There is no limit on the number of new applications with offers of arranged employment that will be considered for processing.

Within the overall cap of 25,000 applications, a maximum of 1,000 complete FSW applications for each eligible occupation in Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B as per the 2011 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) will be considered for processing. Refer to the list of eligible FSW occupations in the Ministerial Instructions.

In addition, a maximum of 500 applications will be considered for processing under a PhD student/graduate stream for this same period.

Thank you.

Interesting!Can you compare it with the one we have up there.Why conflicting gists sef?

Chimzurum

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
6/01/2014
Med's Request
10/10/2014
Med's Done....
15/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/11/2014