+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigeria International Student - Can anyone share how they managed to transfer funds from Nigeria for International Student GIC account

Lola123

Sep 1, 2017
Please can anyone assist with how to transfer money from my bank account for International Student GIC account in Canada. Thank you

Mechelin

Apr 2, 2022
Please can anyone assist with how to transfer money from my bank account for International Student GIC account in Canada. Thank you
Hello Lola, explaining this here can take alot of writing to do, so for best explanation go to YouTube and type in same question as you have here, there you can watch step by step guide of how to transfer money from you bank to GIC, even to other Canadian banks.

Lola123

Sep 1, 2017
Thank you Mechelin. I have checked out the youtube videos. I guess my question is related to the restrictions about sending money out of Nigeria. Do you know if the banks can wire transfer to the GIC account. I spoke to a rep and they did say they can only transfer for school fees.

Mechelin

Apr 2, 2022
Thank you Mechelin. I have checked out the youtube videos. I guess my question is related to the restrictions about sending money out of Nigeria. Do you know if the banks can wire transfer to the GIC account. I spoke to a rep and they did say they can only transfer for school fees.
Lola123, morning. I think the way u can do it now is by getting someone inside canada like a family member if u hv any there or friends you trust. They will pay in the equivalent money to your GIC account while you do same into their local naira acct base on your agreement with them. That's getting someone who want such amount you are to pay into your GiC account in naira.

Johnsonaernan

Mar 25, 2022
Download Lemonade apps on your phone. Register your details and link your naira account to your canadian account then you can easily do the transfer. Lemonade exchange rate is higher than the usual CBN exchange rate. You can use the app to transfer from canadian dollar to your naira account too. Presently, the app works for people in UK and Canada.