+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
cynmax said:
:- EMO other members of the forum could benefit from your response plz dont make private share it with all of us. Thanks for ur understanding
Cymax
Sorry am not the one that had that experience. And if I had discussed it with one who had the experience. There was something like that in this thread if you can check few pages back.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
vce2012 said:
Hi Friends,
Can someone share their experience with Nigerian customs at the Lagos International Airport, while trying to carry their Canada landing funds over $26000 out of Nigeria. Since it is above the $5000 limits.
Did anyone get harrased, is their any fine.
Please share your experience.

Regards

Hi EMo,
I have tried PM, but I was not allowed.
Please EMO, can you send PM on my behalf to Naija Pikin asking these questions, when you get the reply, please PM me.

Thanks

Regards,
Ewooooh this man don try to kill meeeee. What we shared in kolofin has come to CNN larry talkshow. Aaaaaaaah

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Please Read what is here and pick the info that is relevant to you.

Cheers
my naija poepols, yes i am land, and now i am narrator my landings experienced for canada city.
PART 1
journey is start from moshood abiola university to airport wey Obasanjo is name muritala muhammed. all families is gather by 2.30pm, and we is wait untils 5pm when lufthansa is opens check in. and when it is knack that time gbam!, we is number one families wey they are check in, gmg bag and potmantoes is reach 25, so custom woman look all of wes and do hmmmms, and ask wetin dey scent.i am told her say it naija foods wey i want go use with my families start new life for oyibo man countries.she say carry your wahala go.walahi me i am surprise.now we begin enter,and babe spicey is say bye bye and she is go.airport boys is help us packing loads and cellotape all gmg bags.and we all is go for security screening.that place too the oga is say una plenty oya pass through another corner, and all of we is checked sharp sharp.we come reach NDLEA point, the woman eye open.she is ask me many quastions,how much cash i am carry.and i am told her.but they carry me go meet one big yansh madam who is give me form to fill.who is you? where is you work? how is you get the thing wey you carry.and why cash.that time fear catch me make i talk true,my heart begin make gbim gbim gbim.but i think na normal routine if you carry pass limit, but this poepols come add home video join am.anyway we pass go. 11.10pm we waka enter aroplane.small time aroplane begin run and come fly go up and we don go be that. 5.30am we don begin come down for frankfurt.as we reach for there one old woman, look we look we, come look we again. come ask me,''hello you must be ogedengbe family'' and i am say yes.she is introduction herself say she is work for IOM,and is come to receive us.she is confirm our boarding pass to join air canada.and we siddon small and small time till 10amand we is flowing for up again to canada city.my poepols the air hostesses for air canada is too shakara and not friends anyone even small pikins.lufthansa poepols is angels,very friendliness and generosity.take note of that my poepols.

guvcode

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
19-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
16-July-2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
believing said:
To answer those of us who are interested in knowing what steps I took to get an offer, here is a snapshot I intend to start a new thread for this. BTW I am in IT with over 12 years experience with MBA although I dont believe this count for anything without the help of God.

To answer your question here are what I did:

I got my resume redone with an American company online and I paid less than $10 for the option I chose
Included my friend's address in canada on my resume with his no
Uploaded same to monster.ca, indeed etc
Applied directly to the company that made me offer on their website
Designed a free website for myself (not ncessary) but improved my linkedin profile
Got many companies showing interest and as soon as they send me email I let the cat of the bag that I am still outside Canada and if they do not mind doing skype interview. I informed them that my PR for Canada will soon be out
Did two videoconferincing interview, both liked me

ONE MADE ME OFFER!!!!

Yeah that is my story hope it helps. Remember that you have to proof your worth.
Quite inspiring, seems to me that anyone planning to land soon, should do much research in their field and also network with people as much as possible, the advice you receive may be the short cut to whatever you are looking for there in Canada, and lets be very civil in reaching out, the 'can you get me a job?' question may not cut it.

I would say inspiring story once again, congrats man

Orire

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2010
Doc's Request.
27-October-2010(Another Doc's Request:24-Feb-2012)
AOR Received.
27-October-2010
IELTS Request
27-October-2010
Med's Request
05-April-2012
Med's Done....
11-April-2012
Elder vce2012,
From the International travelling experience of friends, you don't have any problem with the custom, NDLEA etc as long as you can prove your source of fund, the concerns officials are just to document and don't give room to extortion.

In my opinion, $26000 is to much to carry in hard currency. Why don't you consider electronic means, Moneygram, westernunion, bankwire, creditcard etc? Doing this will definitely reduce the risk associated with physical cash

vce2012 said:
Hi Friends,
Can someone share their experience with Nigerian customs at the Lagos International Airport, while trying to carry their Canada landing funds over $26000 out of Nigeria. Since it is above the $5000 limits.

Regards

Hi EMo,
I have tried PM, but I was not allowed.
Please EMO, can you send PM on my behalf to Naija Pikin asking these questions, when you get the reply, please PM me.

Thanks

Regards,

fatex

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
hello house and happy weekend.pls put up a post a while ago but got no response. pls what is the best option for an engineer in his mid 40s with a family of 2 who wants to relocate to Canada not so much to practice but for the sake of his kids. I need your response
@Madam Tinu..will abuja peeps hold a parallel meeting on the 1th of aug?

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
fatex said:
hello house and happy weekend.pls put up a post a while ago but got no response. pls what is the best option for an engineer in his mid 40s with a family of 2 who wants to relocate to Canada not so much to practice but for the sake of his kids. I need your response
@ Madam Tinu..will abuja peeps hold a parallel meeting on the 1th of aug?
There are alot of possibilities. As it stands today let him look at the quebec arrangement if he qualifies. Please tell him to visit www.cic.gc.ca

Cheers

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-11-2010
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
11-11-2011
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
@ believing quite interesting how you got your job offer.... Were they patient with you until u got ur visa. Are u landed yet

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
vce2012 said:
Hi Friends,

Regards
@ vce2012, You have nothing to worry about. You can carry $26,000, or even more than that, and i can tell you without any fear of contradiction that its not a crime. It only becomes a crime when you fail to declare the money. Once you have more than $5,000 or its equivalent in any currency, you MUST collect the Customs form at the Airport and fill it and declare the entire amount. At the security point, the Customs or NDLEA may stop you and ask you how much you have with you. Do not be afraid, just tell them exactly how much you have. If they try to be funny, ::) ::) ??? ??? challenge them and tell them its not against the law.
However, i will also encourage you to have some sort of evidence that the money belongs to you. This can be by way of receipts from Bank or BDC where you bought the money. It will not also be a bad idea for you to have your statement of account which will show that you moved the naira from your account to purchase the dollar, but that will be in extreme cases. By way of summary, you have nothing to worry about. If you need more assurances, pm your no then we can talk. Hope this helps!!!!! Goodluck 8) 8) :D ;D

idkolapo

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
Med's Request
21-05-2012
Med's Done....
24-05-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2012
Congrats to all landed forumites and recepients of PPR. My case i state again below:

Medical request- 21st of May 2012

Medical done- 24th of May 2012

RPRF paid on 19th of June 2012

ECAS status updated to '' Medical results have been received'' on - 12th of July 2012

And up till now, no email from AVO requesting for PPR .

This seems to be taking so long peeps!

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
idkolapo said:
Congrats to all landed forumites and recepients of PPR. My case i state again below:

ECAS status updated to '' Medical results have been received'' on - 12th of July 2012

Please enter a high level preparation mode for landing as soon as possible. Your PPR will be landing in your e-mail box unexpectedly.

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-11-2010
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
11-11-2011
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
Idkolapo congrats in advance.ur ppr will land soon.keep ur faith alive

idkolapo

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
Med's Request
21-05-2012
Med's Done....
24-05-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2012
thanks for the post MAKY and EMO

Orire

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2010
Doc's Request.
27-October-2010(Another Doc's Request:24-Feb-2012)
AOR Received.
27-October-2010
IELTS Request
27-October-2010
Med's Request
05-April-2012
Med's Done....
11-April-2012
Please start packing your load o bcos u might not have the luxury of time. Congratulations!

idkolapo said:

:)