+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

fatex

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
@Vikolo..aw ur bele dey feel now?sure its butteflies in ur belly...so now i gues u r livin ready...maybe we wil even enter d same plane sef dis yr...lol..congrats once more

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
10/06/2010- 1st AOR received
IELTS Request
Done and submitted with Docs to Accra- September 2010
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2012 by GOD'S GRACE
fatex said:
@ Vikolo..aw ur bele dey feel now?sure its butteflies in ur belly...so now i gues u r livin ready...maybe we wil even enter d same plane sef dis yr...lol..congrats once more
My bele dey sweet me like fried overipe plantain. No yawa we fit enter the same flight for as long as say you no wan go via dubai

vce2012

Jul 24, 2012
Dear Friends,
Can someone give me an idea on how much it will cost me to stay in Accra for two nights at Central Hotel or any other near by hotel to the Canadian High Commission. And also including feeding . Also this should be in Ghana cedes, please if possible tell the exchange rate to dollar and Naira. So that I know how much exactly I will need to carry along while flying into Accra. Thanks

tokszeeeee

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Mississauga ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-10-2012
Pa Right...happy bdayyyyyyyyy...

i go show live for Barcelos on d 18th to "shak up" FAROUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I don stop chairmanses since last year..

@ Ig..dat place go too small for d crowd ooo..

i don apply for my wife and i transcripts sharply for UNILAG before e change to MAULAG for WWW.wes.org.ca.. Credentials evaluation

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
vce2012 said:
Dear Friends,
Can someone give me an idea on how much it will cost me to stay in Accra for two nights at Central Hotel or any other near by hotel to the Canadian High Commission. And also including feeding . Also this should be in Ghana cedes, please if possible tell the exchange rate to dollar and Naira. So that I know how much exactly I will need to carry along while flying into Accra. Thanks
It was 35 cedis per night for the single bed at accra central view hotel which is about 3 mins drive to the embassy and costs about 3-4 cedis by Taxi (i will forward the Golden apple's post which was very helpful). For me I did just one night because I left immediately I got my visa and the total amount I spent in Naira was not up to N10,000.

The current exchange rate is around 1.95 to 2 cedis per dollar.
For naira to cedis. I got 62 cedis for every N5,000. ie about N80- 82 naira per cedi
Your expenses in accra will not be much so ''no fret''....2 nights at accra central view hotel, feeding and transport will cost you less than 120 cedis

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
THIS POST WAS VERY HELPFUL FOR ME. SO I ADVISE ANYONE GOING TO ACCRA FOR VISA TO READ THIS

goldenapple said:
You can go by road or delay your trip to Accra by another week if you insist on going by air - then you will be able to secure a flight. On the other hand, if you decide to go by road "ABC" and "Cross country" are my recommended options. I have used both in times past as well but I will recommend ABC. They are mostly timely, professional BUT strict. They have designated stop points which they abide with and will leave anyone who does not return to the bus within the specified time behind :eek: . Yes, I mean leave you behind if you get too carried away buying stuff on the road - it don't matter if you are in Togo or Coutonu! :eek:

ABC is also cheaper but if you are a lover of speed, DON'T go near them - they have phobia for over speeding. I think they often hover around 80km/hr as per their company policy. The trip is effectively about 6hrs but due to bad roads and immigration and customs check points, expect about 9hrs across republic of Benin,Togo and finally Ghana. If you need to do minor, u'll do it on board - thanks to Otunba gadaffi mobile toilets :p. Sorry major is not allowed so mind what you eat before and during the trip. No beans please! ;D In-flight entertainment is also cool - at least better than "cross country".

Here's the kick - if in love with ABC, pick up your ticket first thing tomorrow morning and I mean first thing cos they also get filled up pretty fast - 2/3 buses on Sunday (6.30am,7.00am and 7.30am). Take off point is Amuwo Odofin while tickets can be purchased from Jibowu, Bolade-Oshodi, Mazamaza and Amuwo offices. As for Cross country, you can even pick up your ticket on Sunday morning but you will be eating a risky burger.

Average one-way cost for both won't be more than 13k and if you choose to book return (not advised), you will spend maximum of about 17.5k on both airlines. sorry landlines! ;D

Finally, budget 2 pages of your international passport for immigration stamps across Nigerian, Benin, Togo and Ghanaian borders as well as your return trips even if by air so if you don't have enough visa pages - don't go by road!

NB:
1.The road trip is lovely as it affords you the opportunity of passing through all the above mentioned countries and appreciating Nigeria. If on ABC, please don't buy Kente and other materials in commercial quantity on the road else ABC will promptly release your identity to Customs when they search the buses (yes, they do) and you'll be on your own.

2.I have only been to Ghana by road twice between 2007 and now so my knowledge of the road terrain and intricacies should NOT be considered completely reliable. ???

3. If you plan to sleep in Accra on Sunday, I recommend Accra Central View Hotel (barely 4min drive to the Canadian Embassy) and its good but it also gets filled up pretty quickly so if interested, please call Seth on +233244033303 for bookings TODAY. Single room is 35cedes while double is 50 cedes (confirm with Seth - he is a staff). In case he tells you the hotel is filled up, there is a guest house beside Accra central view that I also recommend, tell him to help you book that one. Single room there is 25 cedes.

Safe trip and nice weekend.

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
Ikemba said:
It was Women's Thanksgiving Service in a certain Church and the Preacher had a very good sermon. He emphasised the very important roles women played, plays and continue to play in our families and home. He urged men to continue to show love and lots of appreciations to their wives.

To buttress his point, during the Thanksgiving proper, he demanded men to give according to the value they attached to their wives considering all the numerous qualities he has enumerated during the sermon.

Then came this certain man, very rich and influential, moving towards the offering bag. As he got there, he dropped fifty naira note. The man of God was very surprised. :-X :-X :-X How could this very rich and influential man drop just fifty naira in appreciation of his wife. Does it mean he did not understand the message queried the preacher in his mind? :eek: :eek: :eek: So the man of God decided to talk to the man after the service and sought to know why he dropped fifty naira in appreciation of his wife, and the man looked at the Preacher, took a very deep breath and responded. If i tell you about my wife, even this fifty naira i dropped, you will give me change. :p :p :p :p :p

On another note, all our PPR and PRV holders, we are waiting to see the kind of value you attach to you Visa come 18th August as you host the next Eagle meeting ??? 8) :p :p :p

God bless u Pa Ikemba u are d only person dt have made a wonderful publicity for d Eagles meeting.
@everyone remember it was not yet a month after dt 23rd June thunderstorm prayers dt over 23 pple got their PPR so place a grt value on it and appreciate God by attending that's d best way to cause God to do more and encourage our grt woman of God Ig 4 organizing d meetings. I knw very soon its her turn IJN.
Be @ Barcelos GRA come 18th @ 2pm & be bless.
Kayb

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
totz said:
hello house,

I joined/registered with this board some few minutes back.

We started our canadian immigration process in June 2005 through International Executive Placement Services (IEPS) headed then by late Engr Ayankogbe. Eventually, we were able to secure our file number directly from the embassy and we have since been monitoring our progress. Amazingly our progress report has not changed from: IN QUEUE. Is this okay? Is there any action I need to take?

Our family members have increased by two more since 2005, do you advise we include these additions now or wait until we have some sort of response from the embassy?

Thank you all.
Ma Ig pls i think u know better to assist him/her since it was d same consultant dt handled ur case.
@totz u cn pm Igbehinadara she might nt be online to see ur post.

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
tokszeeeee said:
Pa Right...happy bdayyyyyyyyy...

i go show live for Barcelos on d 18th to "shak up" FAROUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I don stop chairmanses since last year..

@ Ig..dat place go too small for d crowd ooo..

i don apply for my wife and i transcripts sharply for UNILAG before e change to MAULAG for WWW.wes.org.ca.. Credentials evaluation
@Babaibeji congrats hw ar d twins and their sis? hp they r warming up.
I hv d same tot dt d space is small, Ma Ig said we wil manage but if u v another place nearby we cn use arnd dt isaac john we wil gladly accept.
@ Or anyone with space arnd Isaac John with a space dt cn tk 50pple at leasts shd pls come forth. (parking space inclusive)
God bless us all and MRs expectant dont worry is coming soon we will hear ur testimony on d 18th IJN.
Kayb

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
totz said:
hello house,
I joined/registered with this board some few minutes back.
We started our canadian immigration process in June 2005 through International Executive Placement Services (IEPS) headed then by late Engr Ayankogbe. Eventually, we were able to secure our file number directly from the embassy and we have since been monitoring our progress. Amazingly our progress report has not changed from: IN QUEUE. Is this okay? Is there any action I need to take?
Our family members have increased by two more since 2005, do you advise we include these additions now or wait until we have some sort of response from the embassy?
Thank you all.
Am afraid totz, you are in a vicarious kind of situation! The truth is your appliaction is automatically rejected based on Budget C-38 Act 2012 just enacted last month. According to the Act, all application up till Feb 28, 2007 would be rejected if selection decision has not been made. There is a little hope for some mid and late 2004 applicants but definately, 2005 and above would be axed at least by AVO. If by now, no province has communicated their interest in your application based on your NOC Code, omo, your application refund should be on its way.

Of course am not happy writing this since yours sincerely too was affected as I had 2007 application running. Its just a crazy idea that after waiting about 7 years, a law was enacted and dash hope of about 300,000 applicants!

Finally, I suggest you put email accross to AVO for more clarifications on this matter.

I wish you all the best!

Goodluck brother!

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
Hey friends!

While preparing to pay IOM for my flight ticket to the maple country early this week, I had an interesting experience so I thought to share this. :D

For us a family of four (includes 2 'adult' children), IOM gave us a bill of $4,528 but we were given a naira account to credit with CitiBank Lagos. The naira equivalent requested was N735,800 (LOS -->YYC). Not being a lover of 'bike(okada) robbers' :p as well as banking halls and their crowd, my first impulse was to effect an instant transfer from my GTBank account to Citibank. Unfortunately, I realized GTBank had withdrawn that facility from their customers unannounced and till further notice. Hence I had no choice, I had to visit the bank, make withdrawal and dash to Citi for deposit. Sadly, as per CBN policy, I had a limit of N500k for the day. Analyzing all my options, the only way ahead for me was to withdraw cash! Then I realized I was going to be debited for exceeding my free withdrawal limit. Fortunately, God sent an angel to me in the banking hall who allowed me to transfer the balance to his account then he withdrew for me...so I escaped CBN's charge...but I know IOM Lagos might not have escaped ;D :( if they accepted cash beyond the stipulated corporate limit on that day.

Therefore, anyone moving cash around in preparation for landing should have CBN's policy in mind. What this means is that adequate plans need to be made ahead else you would lose money by midnight of the day you exceed your limit. Either an online transfer is made or cheque is used but that would add a layer of delay to your booking since IOM would not move an inch until your funds hit their account.

A friend and member of this forum lost over N41,000 overnight for crediting his account with huge cash yesterday! :( :mad: :eek: :'( Be smart.

To help with your understanding of how this new policy works, please find below a communication from one of the banks...I hope it will help us all. Any questions with understanding can be thrown to the forum so that the bankers in our midst could throw more light. Nice day to everyone.

=========
Dear Valued Customer,

As part of the strategies to ensure that the Cash-less Nigeria policy is properly implemented by banks and clearly understood by you, our valued customer, please find below an update which explains how the fees and the policy apply to your account:

a. WHO PAYS THE PROCESSING FEES?

· The processing fee for withdrawals and lodgments above the limits is to be paid by the account holder. The fee is charged to the account from where the withdrawal or lodgment was made. Accounts domiciled in branches outside Lagos will still bear the charges for lodgments done in Lagos during the pilot phase.

b. WHICH ACCOUNTS ARE AFFECTED?

· The cumulative withdrawals or lodgments is computed across all your accounts. For example, if you have three accounts with the bank, the cumulative withdrawal is computed on all your three accounts and if it exceeds the free withdrawal limits, then the processing fee is computed and one of your accounts will be charged. The same principle applies to lodgments.

c. LIMIT ON 3RD PARTY CHEQUES

· The limit on 3rd party cheques remains N150, 000.00 only. With proper identification and introduction from a company, a representative can withdraw on behalf of the company with an issued cheque up to N3M cumulative limit. That is, a cheque issued to a pre-identified representative of your company is considered a withdrawal by the company, and not a 3rd party cheque.

NB: Also note that a withdrawal refers to the overall cash withdrawn daily across the counter and through the ATMs. :eek: :eek:

Thank you.
==================

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
goldenapple said:
Hey friends!

While preparing to pay IOM for my flight ticket to the maple country early this week, I had an interesting experience so I thought to share this. :D

For us a family of four (includes 2 'adult' children), IOM gave us a bill of $4,528 but we were given a naira account to credit with CitiBank Lagos. The naira equivalent requested was N735,800 (LOS -->YYC). Not being a lover of 'bike(okada) robbers' :p as well as banking halls and their crowd, my first impulse was to effect an instant transfer from my GTBank account to Citibank. Unfortunately, I realized GTBank had withdrawn that facility from their customers unannounced and till further notice. Hence I had no choice, I had to visit the bank, make withdrawal and dash to Citi for deposit. Sadly, as per CBN policy, I had a limit of N500k for the day. Analyzing all my options, the only way ahead for me was to withdraw cash! Then I realized I was going to be debited for exceeding my free withdrawal limit. Fortunately, God sent an angel to me in the banking hall who allowed me to transfer the balance to his account then he withdrew for me...so I escaped CBN's charge...but I know IOM Lagos might not have escaped ;D :( if they accepted cash beyond the stipulated corporate limit on that day.
Not sure why GTBank did that :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[. CBN's regulation is to discourage excess cash withdrawals and account to account transfer is to assist in driving this objective. I am sure that if i send a letter to my bank - duly authorised - and requesting them to effect a transfer on my behalf, the bank is bound to oblige. There is no known law in the land forbiding that. :-\ :-\ :-\ N735k is a lot of money and should not be moved in cash. it's a lot of risk
Please demand to see the branch manager of which ever bank you are using if the teller thinks it's not possible :-X :-X :-X :-X My 2 cents :p :p :p

Kcsider

Canadian Tafi

Dec 20, 2011
Hi all,

I bought my ticket from IOM and paid using interbank transfer from My Firstbank savings account and the money was received immediately it was transferred and mine was 818k. There are a lot of bank transfer options, I suggest u ask to see the branch manager. Interbank trasnfer is the easiest and fastest means these days nd there is no limit to what u can transfer.

Takia

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
Though am not a banker o, i think IOM acct shd accept cheques not necessarily paying in cash. If u hv a current acct u can issue a cheque then pay it in, just wait 3days for clearing i suppose. Pls intending landers dont move cash arnd at this time of ur life is very delicate... and dnt fight or argue with pple, just live ur life jejeli b4 una pack ur load.
God be with us all...

Melody2003

Jul 2, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10- 2011
Doc's Request.
12-04-2012. Additional Doc Req-5/11/13
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
;D Na wao!
The speed at which our 'seniors' are paying for their tickects.

Se naija ti suu yin to yen ni haba? :'(

Make una play with us small naw! ;D ;D ;D ;D lol