+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Omoelle

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
1/2/12...... submitted 10/2/12
AOR Received.
24/5/10 in process:7/12/11, started processing: 18/4/12
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26/5/10
Med's Request
18/06/2012
Med's Done....
18/07/2012
Passport Req..
10/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/12
LANDED..........
9/12/12
Forsure said:
its annoying i wouldnt be able to make the meeting as am at work. please guys keep us updated. regards.

Will do u bet !!!

having a swell time out here :p

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
@Maky,congratz on d arrival of ur baby boy.May God shower His blessings on him and d entire family.waoooo,I ws happy to hv made it to the meeting at Gariki Shoping mall.though I was late but I was glad I did attend.Tnx very much ,Madam Tinunu for ensuring I ws there plus,d Item seven(7).@fatex,smoothly,vikolo andothers,it ws my pleasure meeting wt u all.Hope to meet again someday!!

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Oh Mandie,I missed that part cos of latest.It ws really good knowing u hv people that are interested in u!!

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Oh Mandie,I missed dat part cos of lateness.It feels so good knowing that someone out there kias 4 U.

fatex

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
@Maky...congrats
@my Abuja peeps..madam Tinu International ( n her hubby), Vikolo, Babymart, Fem, Smoothly i really enjoyed d meeting,puttin faces 2d names u c on d forum..may dis love never cease but go stronger...our PPR has arrived..lets all av a white xmas. Special thx goes 2d woman of excellence, madam Tinu International for hosting and feeding..dis is truly family. thank u all

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
MAKY said:
To God be the glory.He blessed my family with beautifull a bouncing baby boy today at about 10.55am.we all are strong in the Lord.
Congratulations MAKY on this bundle of joy to your family. May the provisions of our good Lord never cease from your household in Jesus mighty name Amen.

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
thejackson said:
My people

I am yet to receive my PPR. I am just panning considering my peculiar situation here.
We are all familiar with the irregularities in airline schedules.

Mazi Ikemba, I will surely break the good news when I receive my PPR

Now can someone answer my question on airline?
Ok PaJackson, we will await the good news. I think the option you have is really AERO and ARIK. Both are fine and my friends have used AERO a lot and their schedule is quite reliable. I even know somebody that made a day return with AERO to pick his UGWU LEAF 8) 8)

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
@ ALL, I couldn't make it to the Eagle meeting today at Barcelos. Though i had earlier taken apologies i was hoping i will manage my schedule but here i am. Ma Ig, i hope it went well. Please keep us posted.

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
10/06/2010- 1st AOR received
IELTS Request
Done and submitted with Docs to Accra- September 2010
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2012 by GOD'S GRACE
fatex said:
@ Maky...congrats
@ my Abuja peeps..madam Tinu International ( n her hubby), Vikolo, Babymart, Fem, Smoothly i really enjoyed d meeting,puttin faces 2d names u c on d forum..may dis love never cease but go stronger...our PPR has arrived..lets all av a white xmas. Special thx goes 2d woman of excellence, madam Tinu International for hosting and feeding..dis is truly family. thank u all
The 4 hours I spent with you guys was beneficial and you all suceeded in re-igniting the fire.. '''the way i dey see am now e no go pass 2012 ohh'''... by the way what was I thinking off...lol!

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
vikolo said:
The 4 hours I spent with you guys was beneficial and you all suceeded in re-igniting the fire.. '''the way i dey see am now e no go pass 2012 ohh'''... by the way what was I thinking off...lol!
@tinuade thanks for the hospitality today. I believe is a good meeting for us all.

The advise below is from another forum but it will be useful to all. Enjoy

The advises already given are true but I will add some things as a resident in Canada at the moment. You may be able to take some better decision if you are ready to face some facts that are highlighted below (it may look lengthy because of some details because it may be of help to educate as many as may need the information, kindly bear with me):

1) Canada is a country filled with a lot of opportunities. It is a lot different from countries like UK and even America. The number of illegal immigrants here are very low so it is easier to get into the system. However, there is usually a gestation period for your investment to florish. Accountants are doing great here. A major factor is where you reside, grace of God and luck as it is everywhere. Dont think of settling down in popular cities like Toronto. Im not saying the place is bad but you can try some developing provinces. In all, Canadians are one of the best people to relate with though they are strict on rules. No cutting corners. It is true you will face others who you are competing for thesame jobs here but you can have a great edge if you are ready to face the reality on time by getting any of the certification here.

2) Since the era of Enron, accounting profession had changed. There are lots of rules you must be able to know as a guide hence, you must get certification via CA, CMA or CGA. Even if you are partly certified, you can easily pick a good job. Not for Nigerians alone. Even Canadians, it is thesame. For those in Engineering field, especially those in Energy industry, you can get a job withing same month of arrival. It is not so with accounting. Canada believe in their own certifications. Even with 6 months diploma, you are better than some managers when you get a job here. The first rule is that you must think towards getting a certification here. That does not mean there are no exceptions but very few. Meanwhile, the moment you get certified here, you will surely pick very good job with very good pay. That is guaranranteed. They value their eduation here and sincerely, it is true.

3) However, if you have ACCA, you can get immediate certification as a CGA with your writting a course and you can pick a job faster here. The reciprocal MOU was just signed last year. When ICAN enter into mutual agreement, it was with CA, a body that requires you to be a Canadian citizen before you can be certified. Even when they seems to have changed, most people do not really relate with them. Most people join CGA and CMA. They all know ICAN. You can get some exceptions in their certification process to push you ahead. The accounting certification courses here are expensive because the benefits are enormous, but as a resident, you can get govt loan for any form of EDUCATION you do here. You will pay with great convenience.

4) Just like it took sometime for someone who came to Lagos before he can start working, it is also thesame here and everywhere. It may not be something you get on the day you arrive here but you can start on a good job within a short time. The issue of menial job is not common here as in the other countries. No employer can exploit you here. Everyone is equally protected by law. If you accuse someone of racism, it may lead to jail if confirmed. Infact, when you prepare your resume here, you dont put things like age, place of birth, gender, etc. Even if your school indicates your counrty, with a good resume cum experience, they will call you. Most employment starts with your getting trhough an employment agancy that has the jobs and link you to the employer. They are being paid for their services and when you perform in their tests, you are done. As an accountant here, your best tool is being good on excel. It is a prerequisite. Most of the agencies will test your proficiency on it.

5) You must be ready to sacrifice writing their exam even if it is to pass few courses. The moment you do that, you are on track. All jobs are regulated here. The moment you get some certifications, there is a minimum salary you can be paid. Meaning, nobody can demeaning or cheat you the way things seems to be in Nigeria where Chartered Accountants were Tellers in banks and even on contract jobs.

6) Government have a lot of programs including orientation here free of charge to assist an average immigrant to start life. They have some welfare benefits you are entitled to as a legal immigrant. With resident permit, so many benefits awaits you.

7) With my experience, I noticed that the citizens are placing some barries for people to enter their systems because as reasonable human being, if they dont, they will be sent parking from their land. They dont read so much here and when you come with ``plenty`` certificates as we do in Nigeria, without any barrier to slow you down a bit, you may outshine them hence they want you to proof your qualifications. The moment you are able to do that, no barriers again.

8) If you have resident permit and you have a good job in Nigeria, come and settle your family first. Get as much reserve (savings) as you can then come and join up. Even if you are managing, still try and make provision for something to assist you before you complete any certification (average of 6 months). That was my own approach and i`m seriously better for it. Some living expenses here are a bit expensive especially accommodation. But for food and basic things to settle down like furnitures, beddings, TV, Fridge etc, you will get them FREE (It sound odd but true). Govt will supply you majority of food items you need for your first one year. You will only need to buy few things that have expiry dates like milk and bread. Many Nigerian are doing well here. I will advise you to link up with some of those who are here that you know to confirm some of my claims.
J
9) Education is free for the children until they enter University. You are even paid child care benefit monthly which may be close to some people`s salary in some Nigeria employments. Many that are here came for the future of their children and it all depend on you on what you felt. Those whose children schooled here dont face what a new immigrant faces on arrival. Their parent already planted them on the land.

10) The economy is improving at a great speed here after the meltdown. The discrimination people fear is not as much pronunced. Maybe because of where I am based, but you have all opportunities to succeed. You can also predict the level of possible progress of things as you get on here.

11) Nobody can like you more than you like yourself. The decision on what to do is purely yours after weighing the pros and cons. While some may feel good coming, some may not. However, most of those I know that came here, I dont think it is common to see anyone that want to run back to Nigeria. If your view is based on the fact that ``without pain, there may be no gain``, you may try it out. For me, I was doing well in Nigeria and here, by God`s grace, no regret for coming. I wish you the best of luck.

Fiirm

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Wat a nice piece of information @ Fiirm.tnx for posting it here.Veryyyyy Interesting !!It has helped to alleviate my fears a bit.Tnx

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
Lagos pple infact i have nver felt so much love, and genuine attention 4rm Nigerians like today before. Madam Ig you're d best u make it possible 4 me to meet wonderful like pa right, kpopi 77, omoelle, bidex, explorer, jodav, d list is endless. Pa seglad and pa oloye was on fone/skpe thruout answering questions. The prayer section was great...our prayers shall be answered IJN.
Ma Ig Tanks 4 all d love God bless us all

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
@ Ig I say thank you once again for the idea of this thread and more for the idea of the meeting its such a wonderful feeling!!!!!!

@ Lagos Peeps i heard you guys had a blast so glad you could all make it we learn a lot when we share knowledge and that makes us better prepared for the journey ahead.

@Abuja Peeps!!!!!! what can i say? so so glad to have you guys around, your attendance and contribution inspire of the security alert here and there was quite appreciated. Vickolo you are not alone the meeting has indeed awoken a fresh passion in me and once the PPR lands there might be no further delay again. Am truly tired of BH and their terror activities.

@Pa Seglad Many thanks for your consistent support and advise. Thanks for speaking with us on Skype and for the advise we do appreciate.

@Pa Jackson Thanks also for your call and congrats in advance for our PPR

@Firm Another good post from you giving us Accountants more reasons to look forward to Canada thanks for sharing

@Maky Hearty congratulations on the arrival of the baby may grace be multiplied to you even as you nurse him

@all once again i am so glad to be part of this wonderful family and i sincerely urge us to have it in our mind that this fellowish would not stop here as we are taking over Canada from the Indians and the Asians thru our cooperation and networking. The three magic words of" Please, Am sorry and Thank you" should not depart from us and for those who have not learnt it the time to learn them is now .

Cheers all

Omoelle

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
1/2/12...... submitted 10/2/12
AOR Received.
24/5/10 in process:7/12/11, started processing: 18/4/12
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26/5/10
Med's Request
18/06/2012
Med's Done....
18/07/2012
Passport Req..
10/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/12
LANDED..........
9/12/12
@ makay, congrats on d new addition,

@ firm that's a masterpiece u wrote,

@ Ig God will surely crown your effort with landed in no time. GBAM

@ right, dydx, seglad, oloye,mandie, others ( to numerous to mention) I love sure love ds family :-*

The meeting was a blast, :p.

Already learning another dance steps apart form alanta/azonto ;D ;D

Goodnight all.