+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Is it common to receive the download link for the "citizenship certificate" before the actual oath ceremony if an e-certificate option was picked at the time of application

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Is it common to receive the download link for the "citizenship certificate" before the actual oath ceremony if an e-certificate option was picked at the time of application
Yes, it won't be there now anyway
After the oath...check
My husband was able to download it the same day st night

Reactions: iukhan

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
We are still waiting for the invitation letter; we are unsure if it's virtual or in-person. The date indicated in the tracker is 20 Aug. My question is, some people got the certificate (citizenship) right away to download it, while others had to wait for some days. Two applicants are traveling out of the country on 30 Aug; their tickets have already been purchased. We have to apply for a one-day passport, provided we get the certificate on the day of the oath. Confused........, should we request IRCC to give us another date or work under the assumption that we will get the certificate the same day of oath? And will apply for a passport the very next day.

Kindly share your experiences. Thanks.

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
We are still waiting for the invitation letter; we are unsure if it's virtual or in-person. The date indicated in the tracker is 20 Aug. My question is, some people got the certificate (citizenship) right away to download it, while others had to wait for some days. Two applicants are traveling out of the country on 30 Aug; their tickets have already been purchased. We have to apply for a one-day passport, provided we get the certificate on the day of the oath. Confused........, should we request IRCC to give us another date or work under the assumption that we will get the certificate the same day of oath? And will apply for a passport the very next day.

Kindly share your experiences. Thanks.
I have a business trip in August and most likely I will miss it
Requested an urgent ceremony but nothing till now.
I'm not sure how to guide you here because I tried and nothing happened
Give them a call since you already have the invite

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
I have a business trip in August and most likely I will miss it
Requested an urgent ceremony but nothing till now.
I'm not sure how to guide you here because I tried and nothing happened
Give them a call since you already have the invite
Thanks for the response.

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Has anyone contacted the Niagara Office via phone? Google shows this result: +1 888-242-2100. Is it better to raise a web form?

We wish to request an earlier or later date for the oath. We still have to receive the formal email. Currently, we are scheduled for Aug 20.

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Has anyone contacted the Niagara Office via phone? Google shows this result: +1 888-242-2100. Is it better to raise a web form?

We wish to request an earlier or later date for the oath. We still have to receive the formal email. Currently, we are scheduled for Aug 20.
Call them and ask to send you the form. Not sure they do it via phone call

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
OK, thanks. I will give it a try and update this forum.
We attempted a number of times, but they disconnected the call without transferring to the agent, citing "high call volume." We will now wait for the email inviting us to the Otah ceremony and respond requesting a postponement to a later date.

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
We got through and talked to an agent, the information sent to us is reproduced below, which is also available on the IRCC website:

Missed citizenship ceremony

If you missed or you cannot attend the citizenship ceremony, rest assured that we may be able to reschedule you.

To do so, please send the following information to the responsible office within 30 days from the date of your appointment:

• A reasonable explanation, and
  • Proof to support your explanation.
You can send your explanation either by:

• Email/Mail using the email/mailing address indicated on the email/letter you received,
    • if you did not receive an email/a letter, you may find the mailing address of the office on our website, or
  • Using the IRCC Web form.
Your application may be considered abandoned if:

• Once the 30-day period has elapsed, no response has been provided, or
  • An acceptable explanation was not provided.
Important facts to keep in mind

• If you received a first notice for the ceremony, but did not attend, and
  • You did not contact us to let us know ordid not provide an acceptable explanation:
    • you will be automatically rescheduled at a later date and will receive a final notice,
      • however, if an acceptable explanation was provided, you will receive a new first notice.
For more information, we invite you to consult:

Reactions: Me2020

rajdeep181

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
We got through and talked to an agent, the information sent to us is reproduced below, which is also available on the IRCC website:

Missed citizenship ceremony

If you missed or you cannot attend the citizenship ceremony, rest assured that we may be able to reschedule you.

To do so, please send the following information to the responsible office within 30 days from the date of your appointment:

• A reasonable explanation, and
  • Proof to support your explanation.
You can send your explanation either by:

• Email/Mail using the email/mailing address indicated on the email/letter you received,
    • if you did not receive an email/a letter, you may find the mailing address of the office on our website, or
  • Using the IRCC Web form.
Your application may be considered abandoned if:

• Once the 30-day period has elapsed, no response has been provided, or
  • An acceptable explanation was not provided.
Important facts to keep in mind

• If you received a first notice for the ceremony, but did not attend, and
  • You did not contact us to let us know ordid not provide an acceptable explanation:
    • you will be automatically rescheduled at a later date and will receive a final notice,
      • however, if an acceptable explanation was provided, you will receive a new first notice.
For more information, we invite you to consult:

Did you get to know if your ceremony is Online or In Person? Our oath is also scheduled for 21st Aug by NGF office but not sure if its online or in person since we dont have the email yet.

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Did you get to know if your ceremony is Online or In Person? Our oath is also scheduled for 21st Aug by NGF office but not sure if its online or in person since we dont have the email yet.
We did not ask about the modality of the oath, and agents usually don't give out much non-significant information. We also don't have an email yet.

bebexe

Aug 6, 2024
@rajdeep181 just checking if you received the email for Citizenship ceremony , mine is scheduled for 21st Aug but i haven't received the email yet