+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara College and PGWP

mvnts

Jan 13, 2015
Hi everyone,

I just got the Niagara College acceptance letter for a HR Management program 1 year certificate. After carefully read about the new immigration process, I think that I will give up, and I need a little help from everyone here :(

What I really want is apply after my studies for a PR under the CEC process. After read some topic here, I realize that I have to work full-time for 12 months to be elegible to the CEC program, otherwise I can´t apply.

HR Management is only 1 year course, and I already have a Business Administration Degree (4 years in my country Brazil). I´m scare of receive my PGWP and dont find a job on the first month and lose everything that I spent! For those who dont know, HR Management is a course that only applies in Canada because all classes are about canadian enviroment. I can´t use this certificate in Brazil for example because is very different from the canadian culture.

How about the job opportunitties in Human Resources in Toronto? are they good? will be easy to find a job there or it will take some time to get one?

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Look into getting a two year postgraduate course so you will get a 3 year PGWP.

An agency also offered me a one year program at Niagara College, stating it would be cheaper and shorter (!!!) ... I'm glad I did my research here though.

mvnts

Jan 13, 2015
Well, the problem is there's no other course for me to take. I already have a degree in Business Administration and take another one will just a waste of money. I found another course in Niagara college and it is 3 year program. I can't afford this program. It has been difficult already to pay for 1 year!

What should I do?

Important1!

Apr 19, 2014
scorpio1641 said:
Look into getting a two year postgraduate course so you will get a 3 year PGWP.

An agency also offered me a one year program at Niagara College, stating it would be cheaper and shorter (!!!) ... I'm glad I did my research here though.
Don't believe all those agencies, how is Niagara college cheap? I graduated from there as an International student,and it was damn expensive

marcustito

Jul 13, 2012
Wich college do you think is cheap? Niagara Charges $11,900+other fees. It was CAD 14,421.00 total expanses? If u know other school cheaper let me know!!!

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Perhaps I should have made it clearer, she meant cheaper than a two year PG Program. What she failed to mention was that it would be very challenging to get PR with only a one year PGWP!

mvnts said:
Well, the problem is there's no other course for me to take. I already have a degree in Business Administration and take another one will just a waste of money. I found another course in Niagara college and it is 3 year program. I can't afford this program. It has been difficult already to pay for 1 year!

What should I do?
Go for a Masters in Business?

mvnts

Jan 13, 2015
scorpio1641 said:
Perhaps I should have made it clearer, she meant cheaper than a two year PG Program. What she failed to mention was that it would be very challenging to get PR with only a one year PGWP!

Go for a Masters in Business?

My major is Human Resources, and there is only 1 year course avaliable. I already have a Bachelors Degree in Business ADM (4 years).

Well, my idea, same of other people here in this forum, is finish the certificate and look for job. Since the immigration says that I can apply for the PGWP within 90 days after receive my certificate, my student permit allows me to work full-time. Of course I will not wait my PGWP to look for a job, I will aready been looking for jobs!

I have 3 friends who did exactly the same and all 3 are living in Toronto. The only risk, of course it has a risk, is I didn't find a job, but I will only know about that if I try :)

gracethewanderer

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Jeddah
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Soon.. Before August 2015
LANDED..........
God's WILL
mvnts said:
My major is Human Resources, and there is only 1 year course avaliable. I already have a Bachelors Degree in Business ADM (4 years).

Well, my idea, same of other people here in this forum, is finish the certificate and look for job. Since the immigration says that I can apply for the PGWP within 90 days after receive my certificate, my student permit allows me to work full-time. Of course I will not wait my PGWP to look for a job, I will aready been looking for jobs!

I have 3 friends who did exactly the same and all 3 are living in Toronto. The only risk, of course it has a risk, is I didn't find a job, but I will only know about that if I try :)
Hi my husband is applying for student permit now, planning to take up 2 yrs protection,security & investigation program in Niagara college(welland). Anyone here can share to me what will be the assurance of getting a job after he graduates to his program? Will there be a prioritization between Citizens/Pr vs. PGWP or will it still depends on your experience & educational background. Thank you

tipu_sultan

Oct 27, 2019

How did it turn out to be? Did you get the right NOC level job?