+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newbies welcome here, applicants sponsoring for Jamaica

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Queen's Park is gonna be festivals etc there is also an Asian more specificaly Laotion festivities keeping dtwn will ask my girl as she is going where it a keep as for the carribbean activities there is Jamaba being kept at Downsview park its basically like jamaica day but with people that have sense not the pow pow gunshots n u affi run that Jamaica day is known for but that a keep holiday Monday the 1st if they are still in town and u have the day off

www.jambana.com

Jesusgirl

Oct 26, 2010
ebonyshine, a u next...bwoy was the wait long. when it reached 12 months and I didn't see any movement on ecas or no response to the letters that mi send dem... mi heart sang, but I kept the faith. I use to visit the forum just to get some comfort that it's not me alone going through this. but it's all over and I am ready for the next phase. Thank God for Jesus and his Mercy

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
Kedeisha : Right now we are working on a free or cheaper tip cause times are TOUGH!!! They were handing out flyers for Jambana at Jamaica Day. Is it free? If you could ask your girl about Queen's Park that would be great cause I really want them to have a nice time!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok me a go ask no Jambana no free $7 at gate or $5 kids under 7 free so it no free but cheaper tip gonna ask her bout Queens Park

EDIT: www.iriemusicfestival.com.
at queens park Monday

For Friday to Monday http://www.harbourfrontcentre.com/worldroutes2010/islandsoul.cfm?ref=fp

and of course jambana www.jambana.com

Those are your weekend festivities outside Caribana

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent June 2011,~resent-Jan 12/2012
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
CIC updated.....June 9th....I missed it......ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:'(

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
So... I have heard people talk about the YMCA offering services to newcomers. Does anyone know exactly what it is they do?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Highlyfavored have asked me to post an update on her behalf she will be picking up her PP next week so that means Visa issued

Lonely Wifey

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
SOON COME
;D Hey everyone so I sent the documents to hubby that he needs when he drops off his PP :D but the only downfall is that he gets mail to a PO in Manchester so I was unable to send it express unless I paid $87.oo which I find crazy for an envelope with 3 documents in it, compared to $2.26 to arrive in 10 business days Im pinching pennies so we have some "fun money" when he gets back and I wanna buy him a special welcome home gift. I can deal with waiting a little longer cause I know it wont be another 10 mths we have to wait to see eachother it ll only be like 4-6 wks Im guessing....Question he was asked to bring a postage paid return item thing what is this and will he get all documents and PP back quickly ??? ??? ???

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lilmaya said:
So... I have heard people talk about the YMCA offering services to newcomers. Does anyone know exactly what it is they do?
what city do u live in will get u a link for u to view

Lonely Wifey

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
SOON COME
; ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D AWESOME NEWS HIGHLY FAVOURED CONGRATS

Wow this is the best week ever KGN is exceeding expectations, they must have got well rested on there likkle vacation and are kicking it into top gear.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lonely Wifey said:
;D Hey everyone so I sent the documents to hubby that he needs when he drops off his PP :D but the only downfall is that he gets mail to a PO in Manchester so I was unable to send it express unless I paid $87.oo which I find crazy for an envelope with 3 documents in it, compared to $2.26 to arrive in 10 business days Im pinching pennies so we have some "fun money" when he gets back and I wanna buy him a special welcome home gift. I can deal with waiting a little longer cause I know it wont be another 10 mths we have to wait to see eachother it ll only be like 4-6 wks Im guessing....Question he was asked to bring a postage paid return item thing what is this and will he get all documents and PP back quickly ??? ??? ???
yes u have to drop it off with the postage thing at this point its better to do as they say there is a courier service Tara i believe they do weekend delivery i could be wrong and it may be 2-4 weeks for return doubt it will take 6 weeks, the best thing about the courier u get to track where the document is so thats a peace of mind as oppose to waiting for the call this way as soon as KGN hands over ur hubby PP to the courier u can book ur ticket

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Congrats Highlyfavored!!!

lilmaya

Mar 3, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
No AOR Received
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview Requested
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
Highlyfavored: Congratulations!! What a well deserved celebration!! :D Great week for KNG and the forum!!

Ebony: Things are looking good girl... i'm just sayin...

Kedeisha : I am in Brampton

Lonely Wifey: My husband was in Mandeville and after hearing that it was often requested, I decided to courier our marriage certificate to him prior to us hearing from immigration. We get discounted rates so I ended up paying just over $60 for one envelope with one paper in it. It was supposed to arrive in 3 days and ended up taking over a week. We found out that courier do not deliver to PO box so he ended up tracking it back to UPS in town. It is a shame you don't know anyone going that way soon that could hand deliver it. In my opinion... i would be terrified sending all those important documents by regular mail but I understand money is in tight! I would suggest enclosing a return courier rather than a postage paid envelope as we all know how the mail system is in Jamaica!! We used DHL and we got our documents sent back to us in less than 2 weeks!!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lilmaya: YMCA Newcomer Settlement Programs include: http://www.ymcagta.org/en/newcomers/index.html

check the link

Lonely Wifey

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
SOON COME
??? I just hope and pray the documents get there safe and sound and quick, so he got another call today telling him he needs his police report too(which I told him to do a month ago) so he found out hes gotta go to Maypen and pay to get it express for $2000 then immigration will get it within 5 days, by this time he ll get the documents then he will be good to go, so he should use DHL or TARA??????