Waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
18-05-2013
Next question-
In the sponsored spouse/partner form it asks about our relationship in several places. Beginning, maintaining and wedding and asks for details etc.
It is of course lengthy so I've written the entire history of our relationship from start until present including dates/names/etc. Can I submit that as it is, just referring the immigration person to the separate piece of paper(s) in the space where you would write about it under each pertaining question?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Lindissa said:
Next question-
In the sponsored spouse/partner form it asks about our relationship in several places. Beginning, maintaining and wedding and asks for details etc.
It is of course lengthy so I've written the entire history of our relationship from start until present including dates/names/etc. Can I submit that as it is, just referring the immigration person to the separate piece of paper(s) in the space where you would write about it under each pertaining question?
Yes, that's what we did. "For further details, see...." worked just fine.

Lindissa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
18-05-2013
Excellent, thank you Charlie! Also regarding the pictures that are required for me to send in (NOT the pictures of us together) the pictures that are like passport pictures- How many of those do I need to send in?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lindissa said:
Excellent, thank you Charlie! Also regarding the pictures that are required for me to send in (NOT the pictures of us together) the pictures that are like passport pictures- How many of those do I need to send in?
If you are applying outland through the US (CPP-O), four photos. The requirements and specs are in the regional instructions at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3910e.pdf

Lindissa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
18-05-2013
Thanks you! Sorry I'm so needy but as far as my birth certificate, do I have to send the original or can I send a copy? If yes to copy, does it need to be notarized?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lindissa said:
Thanks you! Sorry I'm so needy but as far as my birth certificate, do I have to send the original or can I send a copy? If yes to copy, does it need to be notarized?
A copy is fine, assuming CPP-O and the original is in English or French.

Lindissa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
18-05-2013
Regarding Fingerprints/Medical exam-
I will be in Canada until Oct, we will be filing end of Sept. Can I get my medical exam in Canada by an immigration approved Doctor before we submit or do I have to wait until we've sent everything off? Can I go down to the local RCMP station and get my fingerprints taken? I will have to send the prints along with Criminal check application form to the FBI, once I get my criminal check I then send it in or do I have to wait for it to come back before submitting PR paperwork?

I can't believe how complicated this process is lol

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Lindissa said:
Regarding Fingerprints/Medical exam-
I will be in Canada until Oct, we will be filing end of Sept. Can I get my medical exam in Canada by an immigration approved Doctor before we submit or do I have to wait until we've sent everything off? Can I go down to the local RCMP station and get my fingerprints taken? I will have to send the prints along with Criminal check application form to the FBI, once I get my criminal check I then send it in or do I have to wait for it to come back before submitting PR paperwork?

I can't believe how complicated this process is lol
yes you can get your medical exam in canada and send it off with your aplication :)

Lindissa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
18-05-2013
LeisaP said:
yes you can get your medical exam in canada and send it off with your aplication :)
What about my background check? Do I sent it to missasauga after I receive it and after we've submitted the paperwork or do I have to have it before we submit it?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Lindissa said:
What about my background check? Do I sent it to missasauga after I receive it and after we've submitted the paperwork or do I have to have it before we submit it?
The background checks are different for each region.
your going through usa right?
im not sure when to send it off for usa.

have you tried asking on the us outland thread? maybe someone can give you a more accurate answer for the background checks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Lindissa said:
Hey Lindissa,

you should have everything before you submit, because submitting things after you filed your application is not easy, and it delays the whole process. So as much as possible, try to get everything done.
FBI checks take a while to get, so you might want to order that soon... it's only valid for 3 months so you need to send your application once you have the FBI check ( or close enough). For the DMP - you can do the medical exam anywhere in the world as long as you take one from the list on CIC website. remember to get your copy of the slip ( the DMP should know that, but some applicants had troubles with that, so it's worth repeating it) and add that to your application. The actual results get sent directly to the VO ( for you CPP Ottawa) where they wait for your application to be approved ( stage 1, sponsorrhsip) but they usually check in CPC Mississauga if the medicals are done - so include them, it will save time later. Also - pay the fees up front, even the landing fees, and the right of permanent residence - all these things can create delays, so you would want to have an application as complete as possible.

I have no idea for the finger prints check in Canada but the CIC website should tell you how to do it. Here is the link that I found on the website http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

The whole process is complicated and a bit overwhelming at times - so just breath, print out all the forms and guidelines so you can go through it many times, clear a space in your house where you can leave your application in progress, and work at it bit by bit... and it will slowly come together. It does require time and energy, but it's feasible. And after a while it will feel more familiar and less overwhelming - we have all been through it, so feel free to ask questions if needed.

Good luck with your application, and putting it together now!
Cheers,
Sweden

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good advice, Sweden :)

If you don't mind my adding three comments:

1) The list of Panel Physicians approved to do the medical exam for any country is at http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

2) Applicants don't need to submit background checks for Canada unless CIC asks for them during the process - it's the only exception (since the background and criminality checks can access Canadian info).

3) For the FBI background checks, you can get fingerprints at many police stations in Canada or search for fingerprinting agencies near wher you live online. 8)

Lindissa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
18-05-2013
OhCanadiana said:
Good advice, Sweden :)

If you don't mind my adding three comments:

1) The list of Panel Physicians approved to do the medical exam for any country is at http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

2) Applicants don't need to submit background checks for Canada unless CIC asks for them during the process - it's the only exception (since the background and criminality checks can access Canadian info).

3) For the FBI background checks, you can get fingerprints at many police stations in Canada or search for fingerprinting agencies near wher you live online. 8)
Thank you all for your advice! As far as the background check, as the American I believe it states that I need one. I called the FBI, I can get my fingerprints done by the RCMP..I'll get that done tomorrow and sent it out Thurs, I've read that if you put what date you need it by they will get it done instead of ho humming through it. I've also heard that I can send my background check to CIC once I get it..I dunno I'll see if I can get it before we submit the beginning of Oct and if not hope for the best lol I'll check out that thread, thanks again

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lindissa said:
Thank you all for your advice! As far as the background check, as the American I believe it states that I need one. I called the FBI, I can get my fingerprints done by the RCMP..I'll get that done tomorrow and sent it out Thurs, I've read that if you put what date you need it by they will get it done instead of ho humming through it. I've also heard that I can send my background check to CIC once I get it..I dunno I'll see if I can get it before we submit the beginning of Oct and if not hope for the best lol I'll check out that thread, thanks again
If you hurry, you'll likely get it before October. Recent reports indicate they have been going pretty quick (4-5 weeks) so their volume must have been low (at least 4-5 weeks ago).

They used to let you ask for expedited processing, but given that the volume of expedited requests they shut that down and now it's first-come first-served. If you are an American citizen or PR you can use a channeler option in the US (http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp) and get your results back in a matter of days. However, since it's pretty new, there's no confirmation yet that they will accept it (no reports that they don't either, though). So if you go back to the US you can try to get them at a Channeler while you are there too.