+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newbie ( SEND HELP)

JewelVaughn

Aug 23, 2024
Ohio
I am completely new to this process and all of the terminology I see looks like a completely different language. What steps do you suggest I follow?
  • I have a 5 month old child that I wish to enroll in preschool when the time comes and I am self-employed.
  • We will be moving to Ontario from Ohio in the US.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am completely new to this process and all of the terminology I see looks like a completely different language. What steps do you suggest I follow?
  • I have a 5 month old child that I wish to enroll in preschool when the time comes and I am self-employed.
Child is 5 months so would not be in preschool yet. Get on waiting lists for daycares.

JewelVaughn

Aug 23, 2024
Ohio
Child is 5 months so would not be in preschool yet. Get on waiting lists for daycares.
Thank you for your response. I am not interested in childcare. Simply providing context for anything that I may need. I saw forms for caregivers and such but I didn’t know what all that entailed.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response. I am not interested in childcare. Simply providing context for anything that I may need. I saw forms for caregivers and such but I didn’t know what all that entailed.
Okay but not sure how you are immigrating to Canada. Why ask about daycare if you don’t need it? Caregivers is a separate immigration program.

JewelVaughn

Aug 23, 2024
Ohio
Thank you for your attempt to help me. I was providing context for someone willing to point me in the right direction. It doesn’t look like you can be that person. Thanks again.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What is/will be your legal status in Canada? You being self-employed or not has no relevance in this question.

How about your child's status? You are asking a question for 3+ years down the road?

Caregivers are NOT self-employed. Their employers have to hire and apply to employ them. It takes a long time to process those applications. Are you are trained caregiver?