Feb 5, 2016
US/Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
March 2017 - Returned
Med's Done....
29-12-2016
I don't know about you, but I have mixed feelings about the new packet coming out in a few hours. I've been working with the old packet, but plan on switching to the new one since it's supposed to be simpler. I'm staring at the huge thing is my (now old) PR packet and I'm a little...peeved...that I spent so much time filling it out and googling everything, since it was so confusing.

I am glad that many families will not have to wait 24 months (hopefully). But I do I have to wait longer now? This new packet has given me more questions than answers! I guess it'll be a learn as we go thing. If you learn anything, please share.

I'm wondering about the work permits for people who doing Inland. Will there be any changes in fees? I do like the "link" feature for better update coverage.

It appears to be more good than bad, I'm just wondering if there will be other changes.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
Just gone through the guide provided and it is much easier to understand and follow. Starting to fill the application now.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
i`m currently looking through the application and i find this interesting on the checklist. it looks like there are different application "classes" (section 4), and this seems to be how they will determine eligibility for the OWP. It will be interesting to see where these different classes are processed. even though there is 1 application, it looks like there are still 2 streams - In Canada Class and Family Class.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5533E.pdf

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
i`m currently looking through the application and i find this interesting on the checklist. it looks like there are different application "classes" (section 4), and this seems to be how they will determine eligibility for the OWP. It will be interesting to see where these different classes are processed. even though there is 1 application, it looks like there are still 2 streams - In Canada Class and Family Class.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5533E.pdf
See, that's not what he said. Is it possible this is a transition? Perhaps a bit of the Bait & Switch, or the "Shell" game? hmm...

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
profiler said:
See, that's not what he said. Is it possible this is a transition? Perhaps a bit of the Bait & Switch, or the "Shell" game? hmm...
well technically, he said there would be 1 application package (which is true) and that all processing will be within 12 months - no matter where the application is. he didn't say there wouldn't be different "classifications" of applicants.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
well technically, he said there would be 1 application package (which is true) and that all processing will be within 12 months - no matter where the application is. he didn't say there wouldn't be different "classifications" of applicants.
I think I might have to listen again to his little speech. I seem to recall he said "It doesn't matter where you are" and in that slice of time he mentioned it. I'll find the speech and see if I can find it..

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
profiler said:
I think I might have to listen again to his little speech. I seem to recall he said "It doesn't matter where you are" and in that slice of time he mentioned it. I'll find the speech and see if I can find it..
right, it doesn't matter where you are in terms of how long it will take to get approved. they have to determine OWP eligibility somehow...

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
It's out now. Looks good so far. Wow, they offer a text message service when they receive your package. And the drop-down list for the country-specific packages makes a lot more sense. Many people get confused on if they should use their country's package or the package for where they are living.

Looks like most changes are behind the scenes. The biggest is eliminated the inside vs. outside Canada packages. Forms seem to be similar, but include questions about living location and have better descriptions on who is to fill it out (for the spousal package).

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Aquakitty said:
The biggest is eliminated the inside vs. outside Canada packages. Forms seem to be about the same.
yes, but there are still 2 classes- in canada class and family class. the classification is selected on the checklist, not determined by the application forms.

they also limited the amount of relationship "proof" to submit. page 6 of the checklists shows only a certain number of proofs are now aloud.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
CDNPR2014 said:
yes, but there are still 2 classes- in canada class and family class. the classification is selected on the checklist, not determined by the application forms.

they also limited the amount of relationship "proof" to submit. page 6 of the checklists shows only a certain number of proofs are now aloud.
Cool, there's also question in the sponsorship package about living location.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
CDNPR2014 said:

I disagree with #7 actually. In our case, I owned the house before my wife and I even met. So it's well established that hydro and gas has always been my name on the bill. We only have cell phones (different accounts). And with her barely working (<6 mos) it's tough to establish credit -- so it makes absolutely no sense to transfer those bills to her, only to have to pay a deposit on them. That's what they told me they'd have to do. So, I think that's wrong.

Same problem with the title to the home. So not only am I expected to pay $1300 to apply to sponsor, but an extra $1000 to add her to the title?? She owns the property by us both signing the marriage license!

She does have government issued ID.

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
profiler said:
I disagree with #7 actually. In our case, I owned the house before my wife and I even met. So it's well established that hydro and gas has always been my name on the bill. We only have cell phones (different accounts). And with her barely working (<6 mos) it's tough to establish credit -- so it makes absolutely no sense to transfer those bills to her, only to have to pay a deposit on them. That's what they told me they'd have to do. So, I think that's wrong.

Same problem with the title to the home. So not only am I expected to pay $1300 to apply to sponsor, but an extra $1000 to add her to the title?? She owns the property by us both signing the marriage license!

I have to agree with you on that one, we would have had trouble meeting those requirements as well.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
kangamoose said:
I have to agree with you on that one, we would have had trouble meeting those requirements as well.
Well, if you look just below, there is also "Provide (max 20) photos from wedding, etc. We provided 75.

Provide letters supporting your relationship -- 4 were notarized and provided. I also provided proof that she is on insurance policies as either insured or a beneficiary.

The utility thing should also include bank accounts (we have individual accounts because we haven't had the need to join yet). Both state the same address. Why would that not suffice as documentary evidence? Add it to the OWP they issued to our home, her DL/Health cards that show the same address.... It's pretty obvious, no?

</rant>

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
profiler said:

yes, i can see how that can be difficult for some people. perhaps it's their way of limiting the amount of "in canada class" applicants? a person can apply through "family class" and while living in canada. it will be interesting to see how this requirement plays out...

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
profiler said:
Well, if you look just below, there is also "Provide (max 20) photos from wedding, etc. We provided 75.

Provide letters supporting your relationship -- 4 were notarized and provided. I also provided proof that she is on insurance policies as either insured or a beneficiary.

The utility thing should also include bank accounts (we have individual accounts because we haven't had the need to join yet). Both state the same address. Why would that not suffice as documentary evidence? Add it to the OWP they issued to our home, her DL/Health cards that show the same address.... It's pretty obvious, no?

</rant>
I did see that, but that still doesn't help with providing proof for the question "Are you and your common law partner currently living together?" Provide a lease/ proof of property ownership, proof of joint utilities and important documents showing the same address. You need to provide 2 out of the 3.

What you have stated is in a different section.