+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Schedule A requested - how to list addresses for travel period.

ANDIETO

Sep 10, 2024
Hello,

I am sponsoring my common-law partner and we just received a letter with the following:

Schedule A: You are required to submit a NEW Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM5669) bearing an original signature. Please ensure that there are no gaps in time, and that all of the required information is included when completing the “Personal History” and “Addresses” sections the Schedule A (IMM5669) forms. This includes the details of your personal history for the past 10 years, or since the age of 18 (whichever is most recent), as well as all of the addresses at which you have lived during that same period, whether the residence was permanent or temporary.
There were no time gaps in the month/year portion of the application, so the only thing we can think of is a discrepancy between addresses and activities. I would appreciate if someone could explain this to me.

In May 2015, he left his job in Brazil and decided to travel. He spent around 4 days in Macchu Picchu, 20 days in Lima, and 4 days in Argentina staying at hostels. After that, he went to Uruguay (as a legal resident) to work and reside (where he stayed for 4 years).

I believe the issue is that we did not include an address for that period, but rather just indicated his former Brazilian address until June 2015 when he got a house in Uruguay. Based on the IRCC letter, I believe the officer wants us to list addresses to account for these travels.

Same thing happened when he left Uruguay to come to Canada in 2017: he visited his cousin in the US for 10 days before arriving in Canada, where he stayed with friends. We left his Uruguay address for that period in his first application for the 10 days in US and the first 6 months in Canada (while his status was "visitor").

Am I correct to assume that? If so, should I just add "traveling - cities" in the address section, or add the hostel address/name, or something else entirely? Should I also include a LOE?

I am sorry if this is a bit confusing, and thank you in advance for your help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

I am sponsoring my common-law partner and we just received a letter with the following:

There were no time gaps in the month/year portion of the application, so the only thing we can think of is a discrepancy between addresses and activities. I would appreciate if someone could explain this to me.

In May 2015, he left his job in Brazil and decided to travel. He spent around 4 days in Macchu Picchu, 20 days in Lima, and 4 days in Argentina staying at hostels. After that, he went to Uruguay (as a legal resident) to work and reside (where he stayed for 4 years).

I believe the issue is that we did not include an address for that period, but rather just indicated his former Brazilian address until June 2015 when he got a house in Uruguay. Based on the IRCC letter, I believe the officer wants us to list addresses to account for these travels.

Same thing happened when he left Uruguay to come to Canada in 2017: he visited his cousin in the US for 10 days before arriving in Canada, where he stayed with friends. We left his Uruguay address for that period in his first application for the 10 days in US and the first 6 months in Canada (while his status was "visitor").

Am I correct to assume that? If so, should I just add "traveling - cities" in the address section, or add the hostel address/name, or something else entirely? Should I also include a LOE?

I am sorry if this is a bit confusing, and thank you in advance for your help!
I don't know what you put. In both those sections, however, they do not ask for breakdown of these time periods (activity or residential address) to the day - it's only to the month. They are NOT asking for day to day here. Personally I would have chosen the 'activities' to match those periods.

Hence select the dates and addresses to correspond to those ends of months leaving no time in between (even if there were small gaps). And use the address to date of end/beginning to each of these periods.

I can only infer from what you wrote above that somehow the periods don't match. or that perhaps they noticed the start of work or entry/exit dates on passport.

You can include a short letter of explanation (perhaps worthwhile here since they have sent it back), noting travel between the beginning and end of these periods of only a few weeks and provide dates, towns and address (if you have it, if not, just note hotel or whatever).

Good luck. That's basically what we did although we didn't have particular gaps like yours/dates not matching.

Reactions: YVR123