+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New proof of relationship Tips (For outland/not living together)

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Hellojoy said:
Which bank are you with? If I'm not wrong, BMO allows you to add your husband to your account. My spouse went to the bank to ask about it and they told him that I had to be there personally to be added on. But I'm just wondering if they meant Canadians only or foreigners are allowed as well. You can try calling them up and enquiry, no harm asking I guess.
It might depend on the BMO branch. We had a horrible experience at my husband's branch. Someone made a check out to both of us as a wedding present. They wouldn't allow him to deposit it in his account, and said the only way they could deposit it was if we had a joint account. We were told we couldn't get a joint account because I was American. To complicate it further still, the person had written my name in with my husband's last name instead of my maiden name, when I had no plans to change it until after we completed the immigration process. We ended up having to ask the people who wrote it to write it again.

It was a bad enough experience I want absolutely nothing to do with BMO when I move up there and open an account, even though that branch is a five minute walk away from where we'll be living. They were nitpicky with some other things too that seemed ridiculous to me.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Hellojoy said:
Which bank are you with? If I'm not wrong, BMO allows you to add your husband to your account. My spouse went to the bank to ask about it and they told him that I had to be there personally to be added on. But I'm just wondering if they meant Canadians only or foreigners are allowed as well. You can try calling them up and enquiry, no harm asking I guess.
Scotiabank. When my husband becomes a resident, we'll open a joint account at another bank. I've wanted to change for a while, but I've been lazy about it.