+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
That doesn't make any sense !!! :rolleyes:
AHH!!! The new pathway should help people who are struggling. If the person is already qualified then why??
Not everyone in the CEC pool gets invited. Some have low scores and depend on this TR to PR pathway.

I'll be qualified for CEC by end of May but I will apply to this new program too because you never know when the CRS threshold will go back to 470+. No one wants to take the risk of waiting for CEC.

Reactions: Ellen93

Bryan02

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
Not everyone in the CEC pool gets invited. Some have low scores and depend on this TR to PR pathway.

I'll be qualified for CEC by end of May but I will apply to this new program too because you never know when the CRS threshold will go back to 470+. No one wants to take the risk of waiting for CEC.
yea but people with PNP and invitations are also applying - that I don't get

Reactions: captainarabiia

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto

This. This and This.

I'd kick myself in the head if I decided to wait a few weeks for CEC only to realize that after 6 months FSW are joining the game too the exact same week I'm eligible for CEC. And if all the TR to PR spots have been taken by then and I have to wait a few months until scores go back to 460 I'll kick myself even harder.

Also there's the budget 2021 mentioning changes for the EE system, I really don't want to risk the whole system changing all over because I decided to wait.

Other applicants are in the FSW inland pool and might decide to apply for this, PNP takes +22 months right now, I applied +6 months ago and I still don't have an AOR (most EE applications get processed in less time than it's taking me to get a PNP AOR)

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020

That's fine, in your case you are simply taking the one you got first, what we don't get are people who have already submitted a CEC express entry application, and wanna apply to this too, it's just confusing..

Predat0r

Apr 27, 2021
Hi everyone,
My wife has worked more than a year (+1560) in a Walmart store and she is a department supervisor right now. I was wondering if we are still eligible to apply through the new pathway as her entire year of work experience has not been in the EXACT same NOC. She has worked for 7 month as a stocker and associate (which is listed in the occupations released by IRCC) but now she is working as the supervisor (which basically does the all jobs a regular associate would do and only the title is different and few more responsibilities and this one is not listed). However, It’s still essential and in a retail store.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Get them to write her a good reference letter that lists duties. I think they care about duties more than just NOC alone.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi everyone,
My wife has worked more than a year (+1560) in a Walmart store and she is a department supervisor right now. I was wondering if we are still eligible to apply through the new pathway as her entire year of work experience has not been in the EXACT same NOC. She has worked for 7 month as a stocker and associate (which is listed in the occupations released by IRCC) but now she is working as the supervisor (which basically does the all jobs a regular associate would do and only the title is different and few more responsibilities and this one is not listed). However, It’s still essential and in a retail store.
You will need to get a letter from the employer, and if they mention the same duties that are applicable under essential work for both positions, then she would be fine.

Reactions: SatNight

Predat0r

Apr 27, 2021
Get them to write her a good reference letter that lists duties. I think they care about duties more than just NOC alone.
You will need to get a letter, and if they mention the same duties that are applicable under essential work for both positions, then she would be fine.
Thank you guys for the response. It’s just that we are applying for the first time and don’t exactly know how work experience is considered by IRCC. It seems job duties are more important than the title and NOC itself...

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Thank you guys for the response. It’s just that we are applying for the first time and don’t exactly know how work experience is considered by IRCC. It seems job duties are more important than the title and NOC itself...

Good luck :)

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
I applied on paper in November and I still don't know if they got my application, if it's complete or if it got lost in the mail. My PNP certificate expired a while ago and I don't have AOR yet so if my application wasn't perfect when I sent it, I'm out.
You have PNP certificated. Why applied on paper? :rolleyes: .