+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
That's how that payment portal works, when I applied for a PNP I was required to pay, print the receipt and mail it along my application. I think they should have used the same system as EE and let you pay with you debit/credit card upon submitting. This process will only confuse people.
I think thats what they are likely doing hence why they are saying you cant pay in advance.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Chatty lawyer strikes again, just found out he made a livestream past midnight yesterday and there's another one scheduled at noon

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Looks like ircc might let us hand till the last day and battle it out. :(
I've said it before and I'm saying it again. Holding the information until the last minute it's a mistake. Immigration news sites, IRCC social media and immigration lawyers have been pumping hype into this program for weeks and thousands of desperate applicants are going to be willing to throw in +$1000 despite not being eligible or not having languages test ready.

As soon as the stream opens people are going to rush and apply, many will probably miss important documents and it's going to be a mess overall. I think a solid 10-20% applications are going to be rejected either because they tried to apply too fast without double-checking or because they didn't check full eligibility requirements

canwave

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
This. I'm pretty sure IRCC just said that because they know some people will try to pay in advance but won't "get in" and then they'll demand refunds.
But if you pay in advance and don't submit an application with that payment receipt, you'll be eligible for a refund right? Because the application wasn't processed, only payment was made.

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Hi. What do you think about my reference without job duties?
My employer encluded my job duties in the letter. But honestly I don't know if that's necessary. The only thing we know for 100% is that IRCC wants you to be employed by the time you'll apply. So include your recent pay slips and T4 besides your reference letter.

Reactions: Tomican

Alberta2018

Dec 8, 2020
My employer encluded my job duties in the letter. But honestly I don't know if that's necessary. The only thing we know for 100% is that IRCC wants you to be employed by the time you'll apply. So include your recent pay slips and T4 besides your reference letter.
He is super busy, and I don't want to bother him about job duties for reference in short time to prepare if it's not necessary for the grad stream

OHIPQ

Feb 15, 2021
If my spouse is already a Canadian citizen do they still need to fill out separate forms on my application in the additional family information or common law forms? I dont think so right? I just have to include their info in my application for PR and thats it right?

Thanks

canwave

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
I've said it before and I'm saying it again. Holding the information until the last minute it's a mistake. Immigration news sites, IRCC social media and immigration lawyers have been pumping hype into this program for weeks and thousands of desperate applicants are going to be willing to throw in +$1000 despite not being eligible or not having languages test ready.

As soon as the stream opens people are going to rush and apply, many will probably miss important documents and it's going to be a mess overall. I think a solid 10-20% applications are going to be rejected either because they tried to apply too fast without double-checking or because they didn't check full eligibility requirements
I'm honestly more frustrated with IRCC than usual. I understand they're trying to avoid the crazy traffic coming into the site on May 6th, but if there plan is to withhold information from us, it's the dumbest strategy. If people knew what documents they needed and if they are eligible or not then they would either do what needs to be done before May 6th or just not waste their time or money.

I've already paid for it but now they're saying "most online applications must not be paid in advance." Some of us in the immigrant community are not rich. I can scrape together the money again to pay at the time of submission, but the stress and the hassle must have a payoff.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm honestly more frustrated with IRCC than usual. I understand they're trying to avoid the crazy traffic coming into the site on May 6th, but if there plan is to withhold information from us, it's the dumbest strategy. If people knew what documents they needed and if they are eligible or not then they would either do what needs to be done before May 6th or just not waste their time or money.

I've already paid for it but now they're saying "most online applications must not be paid in advance." Some of us in the immigrant community are not rich. I can scrape together the money again to pay at the time of submission, but the stress and the hassle must have a payoff.
IMO they aren't withholding anything. IMO they are still trying to get their sh*t together and figure out how all of this is going to work.

For the fee payments, my guess is that it never occurred to them that people would prepay. So that's why they are only communicating out now that people should not prepay. That's the gamble applicants take with moving ahead with a step like this before the full details are published. Applicants who prepaid may be fine. Or they may have to pay a second time and then request a refund of the first payment. Impossible for any of us to say at this point.

Reactions: SatNight