+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new identity card or new passport for spousal visa

arooba

Apr 8, 2016
hello guys! i'm new to this forum i just wanted to get something cleared, as i went to canada on visit visa in 2015 and have got married in canada with my cousin who is canadian citizen we had our nikah in a mosque there too and now i've returned to pakistan to complete my studies, now we are filling forms and havent submitted them
my question is :
(1) do i need to make new shanakti card (national identity card of pakistan) or update it with my huband's name as ow i'm married ?
is it must?
(2) Do i have to change my name in my pakistani passport?
by putting his name after mine as before it was my dad's
as ive heard people saying that cic asks why they havent changed the name on passport? :-[ :eek:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

You don't need to change your IDs. If it is a cultural requirement that you take his name, you can simply explain to CIC that you will be changing it soon but wanted to get the app submitted.

arooba

Apr 8, 2016
thank you so much for your reply can u plz tell me one more thing!

(1) as i was married in Canada n came back after few days of nikah and my marriage certificate (nikanama) was submitted there in mosque so i can only get a copy of that nikanamanow,but i have a legal marriage certificate that marriage is registered in canada from a marriage registrar office (but as i dont have nikanama) so should i submit a copy of it to cic along with my application ? or i've to make a new marriage crticificate from nadra here and submit that one ?
and Q2plz reconfirm it too
i dont think my relatives changed their NIC cards either,
(1) so if i dont want to change my id card or (nic card for pakistan) so its not compulsory for cic that they wont ask for husbands name on my ID card?
so finally can i leavemy id card the same as it is (on my fathers name)[/color]

arooba

Apr 8, 2016
arooba said:
thank you so much for your reply can u plz tell me one more thing!

(1) as i was married in Canada n came back after few days of nikah and my marriage certificate (nikanama) was submitted there in mosque so i can only get a copy of that nikanamanow,but i have a legal marriage certificate that marriage is registered in canada from a marriage registrar office (but as i dont have nikanama) so should i submit a copy of it to cic along with my application ? or i've to make a new marriage crticificate from nadra here and submit that one ?
and Q2plz reconfirm it too
i dont think my relatives changed their NIC cards either,
(1) so if i dont want to change my id card or (nic card for pakistan) so its not compulsory for cic that they wont ask for husbands name on my ID card?
so finally can i leavemy id card the same as it is (on my fathers name)[/color]
so i dont have to register marrigae in pakistan as everything happened in canada ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I suggest you post the nikah questions on a Pakistani thread.

Again, no, you don't have to change your ID.