Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2010
Passport Req..
18-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2011
Long Story short, met my gf while vacationing in The United States back in Dec 08. She is an American citizen, I am a Canadian Citizen. We have been able to see each other every 5 weeks or so far, but we both agree that one needs to move to progress things farther.

I think the best route is for us to get married and file and outland application, so she can work when she gets here.

Is it too early to get Married, and then file? We have proof , bording passes , cell phone bills, pictures, etc.

Is it really benificial to have a lawyer prepare all the paperwork? To be honest niether of us are very proficient with forms, and would worry about any mistakes we would make.

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
I can't tell you if its 2 early 4 u 2 get married, I'm not sure if their is a prefered length of relationship. As 4 the lawyer, you should try the forms urself first and see if any of it makes sense to you. I printed 2 copies of the application. On one I filled out what i could high lighted and took notes on what i didnt understand and brought my questions 2 the forums and found all the answers without lawyers help.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
More often than not, you don't need a lawyer to fill out the forms. You might need him if there are any legal issues, like if your wife to be had a criminal conviction or a complicated previous divorce or something like that. Generally though, the forms are pretty simple and anything you're not sure about can usually be answered here.

As for the "too soon" question... personally, I would say yes, it's too soon, simply from my own point of view. I don't think knowing someone for 8 months is quite enough to determine you want to be with them for the rest of your life. But from CIC's point of view, I think it should be fine, especially if you include plenty of evidence showing how your relationship developed. Don't think you'll have difficulties because of it.

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
piker751 said:
Long Story short, met my gf while vacationing in The United States back in Dec 08. She is an American citizen, I am a Canadian Citizen. We have been able to see each other every 5 weeks or so far, but we both agree that one needs to move to progress things farther.

I think the best route is for us to get married and file and outland application, so she can work when she gets here.

Is it too early to get Married, and then file? We have proof , bording passes , cell phone bills, pictures, etc.

Is it really benificial to have a lawyer prepare all the paperwork? To be honest niether of us are very proficient with forms, and would worry about any mistakes we would make.
Based on Sponsorship Category under Conjugal Partners, you need to proved your relations within 1 year. If I where you, let her he visit you in Canada and your relations for stronger. In this case,it really helpful in your application because you have proven that she lives with you in Canada.